Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Rome TourismRome HotelsRome Bed and BreakfastRome Holiday RentalsRome RestaurantsRome AttractionsRome ShoppingRome Travel ForumHotels
All Rome HotelsRome Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in RomeBy Hotel TypeThings to DoRestaurantsHoliday RentalsShoppingMore
Rome HostelsRome CampsitesBusiness Hotels RomeRome ResortsRome Green HotelsFamily Hotels RomeLuxury Hotels RomeRomantic Hotels RomeSpa Hotels in RomeBy Hotel ClassPopular AmenitiesPopular Rome Categories
Rome Tourism: Best of Rome
Ancient sights with modern style, the Eternal City continues to shine
The sprawling city of Rome remains one of the most significant stops in the world, thanks to its seamless blend of Old World wonders and modern delights. The ruins of the Colosseum, her iconic fountains, lazy wanders through cobblestone streets with gelato in hand: All this and more beckon. Rome is a winding, spectacular city full of places to discover.
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences that define Rome.See all
Quintessential Rome restaurants, bars, and beyond.See all
Gelato for days
I used to think the mini-shovels they serve gelato with were to help with portion control. Don't be fooled. It's a mini-shovel for a reason. Avoid those tourist traps — and neon-colored, ice crystal covered scoops — with my top spots to dig in to real gelato in Rome. Don't forget the lactaid.
Jess Carei, Brooklyn, NY
- Otaleg865Yes, it's gelato spelled backwards, but there is nothing backwards about this off-the-beaten path, natural gelato shop. Make the trek out to a residential neighborhood to witness the gelato making process first hand. Then treat yourself to their savory flavors. Mustard anyone?
- Gelateria dei Gracchi1,730You may have to wait on line at the original location of this small Roman chain. Go for the seasonal flavors here. For your lactose-intolerant companions (I am so sorry), they offer really great zero milk flavors. Don't sleep on the bon bons!
- Fiordiluna756My personal favorite here is the duetto of hazelnut and pistachio. Apparently this flavor is the result of a happy accident? The owner dropped some hazelnuts into the pistacchio gelato. Say it with me. P-stack-ee-oo.
- Il Gelato di San Crispino3,041If you are doing an Eat, Pray, Love thing, you cannot miss this spot. Literally. This teeny spot was featured in the novel and the Julia Roberts flick. Go for the honey, money.
- Fatamorgana802Lots of wonderful, whimsical flavors at this chain — head to the one in Travestere. One flavor called Thumbelina has walnuts, rose petals, violet leaves. Another one, Thought, ginger, horseradish, lemon peel, and pink grapefruit. Zing!
Trending in the forums
Rent a Home for Your Next Escape
Popular homes in Rome
Dig Into Rome
Stories, tips, and guides