Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Paris TourismParis HotelsParis Bed and BreakfastParis Holiday RentalsParis RestaurantsParis AttractionsParis ShoppingParis Travel ForumHotels
All Paris HotelsParis Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in ParisBy Hotel TypeThings to DoRestaurantsHoliday RentalsShoppingMore
Paris HostelsParis CampsitesLuxury Hotels ParisSpa Hotels in ParisParis ResortsRomantic Hotels ParisFamily Hotels ParisParis Green HotelsBusiness Hotels ParisBy Hotel ClassPopular AmenitiesPopular Paris Categories
Paris Tourism: Best of Paris
The City of Lights dazzles in every way
Nowhere else on earth makes the heart swoon like the mention of Paris. The city lures with its magnificent art, architecture, culture, and cuisine, but there’s also a quieter magic waiting to be explored: the quaint cobbled lanes, the sweet patisseries around the corner, and the cosy little bistros that beckon with a glass of Beaujolais. Get ready to make Paris your own.
Travel stories from Tripadvisor
All the destinations, guidance, lists, and more to help make your next trip better than ever.
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences that define Paris.See all
A mix of the charming, iconic, and modern.See all
Quintessential Paris bistros, bars, and beyond.See all
Look beyond the Louvre! Under-the-radar museums
Paris is a city of delights, one of which is the proliferation of fascinating museums that fly under most tourists' radars. Here are a handful of gems - some big, some small, but all interesting and off the beaten path.
Neil N, New York City, NY
- Musee de la Chasse et de la Nature352A celebration of the hunt. Taxidermy, antique firearms, and more juxtaposed with rotating modern art exhibits. One of my favorite museums on Earth.
- Maison de Victor Hugo673Step into the home of a literary giant, and enjoy the picturesque square on which it sits.
- Musee De Cluny2,906Come for the Lady and the Unicorn. But take a minute to soak in the fact that in this museum you're literally walking through time. The amazing collection of Medieval artifacts sits atop Roman ruins. A very visceral sense of how deep Paris's history runs.
- National Museum of Natural History1,321The museum is great fun, and is situated adjacent to the zoo and a sprawling botanical park. Pro tip: Get lunch at La Mosquee de Paris - Aux Portes de l'Orient, across the street from the museum and adjacent to the mosque. Excellent Moroccan food, enchanting atmosphere.
- Musée des Egouts34A museum about all things Parisian sewers. Pro tip? Prep for your visit by reading Hugo's Les Miserables, in which the sewers of Paris feature prominently!
- Musee des Arts et Metiers1,157The French have a long, proud heritage of engineering and scientific accomplishment. This museum is a delightful celebration of that legacy.
- Palais de Tokyo625Contemporary art that pushes boundaries ... if you're looking to be challenged and think differently, check it out.
- Albert Kahn Musee et Jardins604The gardens here highlight different garden styles -- French, English, Japanese, with many travelers remarking the Japanese feels like stepping into Tokyo. Viva Japonisme!
Trending in the forums
Rent a Home for Your Next Escape
Popular homes in Paris
Dig Into Paris
Stories, tips, and guides