Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
What is Travellers’ Choice Best of the Best?
This award is our highest recognition and is presented annually to those businesses that are the Best of the Best on Tripadvisor, those that earn excellent reviews from travellers and are ranked in the top 1% of properties worldwide.Learn more
Paris TourismParis HotelsParis Bed and BreakfastParis Holiday RentalsParis Holiday PackagesFlights to ParisParis RestaurantsParis AttractionsParis Travel ForumParis PhotosParis MapParis GuideHotels
All Paris HotelsParis Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in ParisBy Hotel TypeThings to DoRestaurantsFlightsHoliday RentalsTravel StoriesCruisesCar HireMore
Paris MotelsParis HostelsParis CampsitesParis ResortsRomantic Hotels ParisParis Green HotelsLuxury Hotels ParisFamily Hotels ParisBusiness Hotels ParisSpa Hotels in ParisBy Hotel ClassBy Hotel Brand
Relais & Châteaux Hotels in Parisibis Hotels in ParisB&B Hotels in ParisMelia Hotels in ParisChoice Hotels in ParisHyatt Hotels in ParisMercure Hotels in ParisComfort Inns in ParisCampanile Hotels in ParisIbis Styles Hotels in ParisAccor Hotels in ParisBest Western Hotels in ParisThe Luxury Collection Hotels in ParisTribute Portfolio Hotels in ParisTimhotel in ParisPopular AmenitiesPopular Neighbourhoods
Saint-Germain-l'Auxerrois HotelsÉpinettes HotelsSaint Victor HotelsSaint-Fargeau Hotels20th Arr. - Ménilmontant HotelsSaint-Merri HotelsCharonne HotelsLes Halles HotelsPopular Paris Categories
Design Hotels in ParisParis Cheap HotelsParis City Centre HotelsApartment Hotels ParisCheap Hostels in ParisHotels with Hot Tubs in ParisHotels with Bars in ParisThemed Hotels in ParisRomantic Boutique Hotels in ParisBoutique Spa Hotels in ParisNear Landmarks
Hotels near Eiffel TowerHotels near Louvre MuseumHotels near Cathédrale Notre-Dame de ParisHotels near Musée d'OrsayHotels near Arc de TriompheHotels near Basilique du Sacre-Coeur de MontmartreHotels near Luxembourg GardensHotels near Sainte-ChapelleHotels near Seine RiverHotels near Champs-ElyseesNear Train Stations
Hotels near Hôtel de VilleHotels near Bréguet – SabinHotels near Bréguet-Sabin StationHotels near Chemin Vert StationHotels near Saint-Sébastien - Froissart StationHotels near Saint-Sébastien – FroissartHotels near Cité StationHotels near Pont Marie StationHotels near Maubert Mutualité StationHotels near Saint-Paul StationNear Airports
Hotels near Charles De Gaulle Airport (CDG)Hotels near Orly Field (ORY)Hotels near Beauvais-Tille Airport (BVA)Motels near Orly Field (ORY)Motels near Beauvais-Tille Airport (BVA)Motels near Charles De Gaulle Airport (CDG)Near Colleges
Hotels near ESCP EuropeHotels near Paris-Sorbonne UniversityHotels near Catholic University of ParisHotels near American University of ParisHotels near University of London Institute in ParisHotels near Centre de Formation et de Perfectionnement des JournalistesHotels near Parsons ParisHotels near Groupe ESA ParisHotels near Inseec Business SchoolHotels near European Management Center Paris
Paris Tourism: Best of Paris
The City of Lights dazzles in every way
Nowhere else on earth makes the heart swoon like the mention of Paris. The city lures with its magnificent art, architecture, culture, and cuisine, but there’s also a quieter magic waiting to be explored: the quaint cobbled lanes, the sweet patisseries around the corner, and the cosy little bistros that beckon with a glass of Beaujolais. Get ready to make Paris your own.
Travel stories from Tripadvisor
All the destinations, guidance, lists, and more to help make your next trip better than ever.
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences that define Paris.See all
A mix of the charming, iconic, and modern.See all
Quintessential Paris bistros, bars, and beyond.See all
Look beyond the Louvre! Under-the-radar museums
Paris is a city of delights, one of which is the proliferation of fascinating museums that fly under most tourists' radars. Here are a handful of gems - some big, some small, but all interesting and off the beaten path.
Neil N, New York City, NY
- Musee de la Chasse et de la Nature353A celebration of the hunt. Taxidermy, antique firearms, and more juxtaposed with rotating modern art exhibits. One of my favorite museums on Earth.
- Maison de Victor Hugo680Step into the home of a literary giant, and enjoy the picturesque square on which it sits.
- Musee De Cluny2,913Come for the Lady and the Unicorn. But take a minute to soak in the fact that in this museum you're literally walking through time. The amazing collection of Medieval artifacts sits atop Roman ruins. A very visceral sense of how deep Paris's history runs.
- National Museum of Natural History1,322The museum is great fun, and is situated adjacent to the zoo and a sprawling botanical park. Pro tip: Get lunch at La Mosquee de Paris - Aux Portes de l'Orient, across the street from the museum and adjacent to the mosque. Excellent Moroccan food, enchanting atmosphere.
- Musée des Egouts35A museum about all things Parisian sewers. Pro tip? Prep for your visit by reading Hugo's Les Miserables, in which the sewers of Paris feature prominently!
- Musee des Arts et Metiers1,158The French have a long, proud heritage of engineering and scientific accomplishment. This museum is a delightful celebration of that legacy.
- Palais de Tokyo625Contemporary art that pushes boundaries ... if you're looking to be challenged and think differently, check it out.
- Albert Kahn Musee et Jardins608The gardens here highlight different garden styles -- French, English, Japanese, with many travelers remarking the Japanese feels like stepping into Tokyo. Viva Japonisme!