Paris TourismParis HotelsParis Bed and BreakfastParis Holiday RentalsParis Holiday PackagesFlights to ParisParis RestaurantsParis AttractionsParis ShoppingParis Travel ForumParis PhotosParis MapParis GuideHotels
All Paris HotelsParis Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in ParisBy Hotel TypeThings to Do
Paris MotelsParis CampgroundsParis HostelsLuxury Hotels ParisFamily Hotels ParisBusiness Hotels ParisRomantic Hotels ParisSpa Hotels in ParisParis Green HotelsParis ResortsBy Hotel ClassBy Hotel Brand
Timhotel in ParisNovotel Hotels in ParisIbis Styles Hotels in ParisGolden Tulip Hotels in ParisCurio Collection by Hilton Hotels in ParisRenaissance Hotels in ParisAscott The Residence Hotels in ParisAdagio Hotels in Parisibis Hotels in ParisB&B Hotels in ParisMelia Hotels in ParisInterContinental (IHG) Hotels in ParisHilton Hotels in ParisMarriott Hotels in ParisChoice Hotels in ParisPopular AmenitiesPopular Neighbourhoods
Sainte-Avoie HotelsSaint-Thomas-d'Aquin HotelsFaubourg-Montmartre HotelsVal-de-Grâce HotelsSaint-Fargeau HotelsÉpinettes HotelsSaint Victor HotelsSaint-Germain-l'Auxerrois HotelsPopular Paris Categories
Design Hotels in ParisParis Cheap HotelsParis City Centre HotelsApartment Hotels ParisCheap Hostels in ParisHotels with Hot Tubs in ParisHotels with Bars in ParisThemed Hotels in ParisRomantic Boutique Hotels in ParisBoutique Spa Hotels in ParisNear Landmarks
Hotels near Eiffel TowerHotels near Louvre MuseumHotels near Cathédrale Notre-Dame de ParisHotels near Musée d'OrsayHotels near Arc de TriompheHotels near Basilique du Sacre-Coeur de MontmartreHotels near Luxembourg GardensHotels near Sainte-ChapelleHotels near Seine RiverHotels near Champs-ElyseesNear Train Stations
Hotels near Cité StationHotels near Saint-Michel – Notre-DameHotels near St-Michel – Notre-DameHotels near Saint-Michel Notre-Dame StationHotels near Châtelet StationHotels near Châtelet-les-Halles StationHotels near Châtelet – Les HallesHotels near Pont Neuf StationHotels near Louvre – Rivoli StationHotels near Saint-Michel StationNear Airports
Hotels near Charles De Gaulle Airport (CDG)Hotels near Orly Field (ORY)Hotels near Beauvais-Tille Airport (BVA)Motels near Orly Field (ORY)Motels near Beauvais-Tille Airport (BVA)Motels near Charles De Gaulle Airport (CDG)Near Colleges
Hotels near Centre de Formation et de Perfectionnement des JournalistesHotels near University of London Institute in ParisHotels near American University of ParisHotels near Parsons ParisHotels near AgroParisTechHotels near Paris-Sorbonne UniversityHotels near Pantheon-Sorbonne UniversityHotels near Mines ParisTechHotels near Ecole Normale Superieure de ParisHotels near Catholic University of Paris
All things to do in ParisAdmission TicketsRestaurantsFlightsHoliday RentalsShoppingHoliday PackagesCruisesCar HireMore
Musée d'Orsay: Tickets & ToursCathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris: Tickets & ToursSainte-Chapelle: Tickets & ToursPalais Garnier: Tickets & ToursEiffel Tower: Tickets & ToursMusee de l'Orangerie: Tickets & ToursArc de Triomphe: Tickets & ToursLouvre Museum: Tickets & ToursMontmartre: Tickets & ToursSeine River: Tickets & ToursLuxembourg Gardens: Tickets & ToursBasilique du Sacre-Coeur de Montmartre: Tickets & ToursMusée Rodin: Tickets & ToursLe Marais: Tickets & ToursPanthéon: Tickets & Tours
Paris Tourism: Best of Paris
The City of Lights dazzles in every way
Nowhere else on earth makes the heart swoon like the mention of Paris. The city lures with its magnificent art, architecture, culture, and cuisine, but there’s also a quieter magic waiting to be explored: the quaint cobbled lanes, the sweet patisseries around the corner, and the cosy little bistros that beckon with a glass of Beaujolais. Get ready to make Paris your own.
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences that define Paris.See all
A mix of the charming, iconic, and modern.See all
Quintessential Paris bistros, bars, and beyond.See all
Audible x Tripadvisor Present
Trending in the forums
Rent a Home for Your Next Escape
Popular homes in Paris
Look beyond the Louvre! Under-the-radar museums
Paris is a city of delights, one of which is the proliferation of fascinating museums that fly under most tourists' radars. Here are a handful of gems - some big, some small, but all interesting and off the beaten path.
Neil N, New York City, NY
- Musee de la Chasse et de la Nature332A celebration of the hunt. Taxidermy, antique firearms, and more juxtaposed with rotating modern art exhibits. One of my favorite museums on Earth.
- Maison de Victor Hugo658Step into the home of a literary giant, and enjoy the picturesque square on which it sits.
- Musee De Cluny2,873Come for the Lady and the Unicorn. But take a minute to soak in the fact that in this museum you're literally walking through time. The amazing collection of Medieval artifacts sits atop Roman ruins. A very visceral sense of how deep Paris's history runs.
- National Museum of Natural History1,292The museum is great fun, and is situated adjacent to the zoo and a sprawling botanical park. Pro tip: Get lunch at La Mosquee de Paris - Aux Portes de l'Orient, across the street from the museum and adjacent to the mosque. Excellent Moroccan food, enchanting atmosphere.
- Musée des Egouts671A museum about all things Parisian sewers. Pro tip? Prep for your visit by reading Hugo's Les Miserables, in which the sewers of Paris feature prominently!
- Musee des Arts et Metiers1,139The French have a long, proud heritage of engineering and scientific accomplishment. This museum is a delightful celebration of that legacy.
- Palais de Tokyo624Contemporary art that pushes boundaries ... if you're looking to be challenged and think differently, check it out.
- Albert Kahn Musee et Jardins580The gardens here highlight different garden styles -- French, English, Japanese, with many travelers remarking the Japanese feels like stepping into Tokyo. Viva Japonisme!