Bath TourismBath HotelsBath Bed and BreakfastBath Holiday RentalsBath Holiday PackagesFlights to BathBath RestaurantsBath AttractionsBath ShoppingBath Travel ForumBath PhotosBath MapBath GuideHotels
All Bath HotelsBath Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in BathBy Hotel TypeThings to Do
Bath HostelsBath CampgroundsSpa Hotels in BathBath Green HotelsLuxury Hotels BathFamily Hotels BathBusiness Hotels BathRomantic Hotels BathBy Hotel ClassBy Hotel BrandPopular AmenitiesPopular Bath Categories
Budget Hotels in BathBath City Centre HotelsDesign Hotels in BathHotels with Complimentary Breakfast in BathBath Hotels with Smoking RoomsBath Hot Tub Suite HotelsBath Pet Friendly CampsitesBath Cheap Pet Friendly HotelsWedding Hotels BathHoneymoon Hotels BathNear Landmarks
Hotels near The Roman BathsHotels near Bath AbbeyHotels near Royal CrescentHotels near Pulteney BridgeHotels near No. 1 Royal CrescentHotels near The Jane Austen CentreHotels near The CircusHotels near Fashion Museum BathHotels near Mad Max ToursHotels near Royal Victoria ParkNear Train Stations
Hotels near Keynsham StationHotels near Yate StationHotels near Freshford StationHotels near Bradford-On-Avon StationHotels near Melksham StationHotels near Chippenham StationHotels near Theale StationHotels near Avoncliff StationHotels near Westbury StationHotels near Dilton Marsh StationNear Airports
Hotels near Bristol Airport (BRS)Hotels near Cardiff-Wales Airport (CWL)Hotels near Bournebouth Intl Airport (BOH)Motels near Cardiff-Wales Airport (CWL)Motels near Bournebouth Intl Airport (BOH)Motels near Bristol Airport (BRS)Near Colleges
All things to do in BathAdmission TicketsRestaurantsFlightsHoliday RentalsShoppingHoliday PackagesCruisesCar HireMore
The Roman Baths: Tickets & ToursBath Abbey: Tickets & ToursNo. 1 Royal Crescent: Tickets & ToursPulteney Bridge: Tickets & ToursRoyal Crescent: Tickets & ToursThe Circus: Tickets & ToursRoyal Victoria Park: Tickets & ToursHolburne Museum: Tickets & ToursBath Street: Tickets & ToursThe Jane Austen Centre: Tickets & ToursHerschel Museum of Astronomy: Tickets & ToursTheatre Royal Bath: Tickets & ToursAssembly Rooms: Tickets & ToursVictoria Art Gallery: Tickets & ToursSally Lunn's Museum: Tickets & Tours
Bath Tourism: Best of Bath
A stroll through historic Bath is like visiting an open-air museum. About 5000 buildings have achieved notice for their architectural merit, from the Roman Baths to the magnificent Abbey and the collection of Georgian homes known as The Circus. Follow in the footsteps of Jane Austen with a visit to her elegant townhouse, now an exhibition space in her honour, and the Assembly Rooms where she once attended society events. After a long day of walking, soak in the natural hot waters of the Thermae Bath Spa.
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences.See all
Can't-miss spots to dine, drink, and feast.See all
Trending in the forums
Rent a Home for Your Next Escape
Popular homes in Bath
A Trip to Jane Austen's Bath
Bath is on the bucket-list of every Austen superfan, and thanks to many Georgian-era sites and attractions here, it's easy to pretend you've left modern-day U.K. for the pages of "Pride and Prejudice."
Maria Hart, New York City, NY
- The Jane Austen Centre2,554This center gets mixed reviews for being somewhat pokey and overpriced. But it's still worth coming here to talk to the guides or attend any lecture or event.
- Theatre Royal Bath911Theater was the Netflix of Austen's day, so if you're keen on time-traveling to the 18th century, definitely pay a visit to this local theater to see the current productions and take in an evening of Austen-era entertainment.
- Thermae Bath Spa8,861Visitors to Bath in Austen's time would have certainly "taken the waters" (hence Bath's name). While this spa is quite modern, it still allows you to participate in that ancient tradition.
- Sally Lunn's Historic Eating House & Museum4,673Another tea salon visit? Of course! This one offers a twofer: a historic visit to the oldest house in Bath and a chance to take cream tea with buns—known as the best in the area.
- Prior Park Landscape Gardens816What's an Austen novel without a dreamy pastoral walk? These landscaped gardens give you another opportunity to pretend you're back in the 18th century, complete with a picturesque bridge.
- No. 1 Royal Crescent2,859Another thing we love about Austen movies—those gorgeous settings! The rooms at No. 1 Royal Crescent seem like the perfect period-movie backdrop for Mr. Darcey to be presented.
- Fashion Museum Bath1,656Admit it, our favorite thing about Jane Austen movies is the fashion! And this museum will let you see every button and ribbon on those dresses. Lots of ball-worthy gowns to admire!
- The Pump Room3,028No doubt your turn around the grounds will have worked up an appetite. Come here to indulge in a traditional afternoon tea.
- Highlights of Bath City Walk125Start your trip off, as any Austen heroine would, by "taking a turn about the grounds." The "Jane Austen in Bath" tour is a great way to get the lay of the land and understand the author's relationship with the town.
- No.15 Great Pulteney1,357Every Austen fan needs a place to hang their bonnet. This Georgian townhouse turned boutique hotel gives an appropriately historic atmosphere with lots of modern comforts.