Explore Blue Mountains
Blue Mountains TourismBlue Mountains HotelsBlue Mountains Bed and BreakfastBlue Mountains Holiday RentalsBlue Mountains Holiday PackagesFlights to Blue MountainsBlue Mountains RestaurantsBlue Mountains AttractionsBlue Mountains ShoppingBlue Mountains Travel ForumBlue Mountains PhotosBlue Mountains MapBlue Mountains GuideHotels
All Blue Mountains HotelsBlue Mountains Hotel DealsBy Hotel TypeThings to Do
Blue Mountains MotelsBlue Mountains CampgroundsBlue Mountains HostelsLuxury Hotels Blue MountainsSpa Hotels in Blue MountainsBlue Mountains ResortsBlue Mountains Green HotelsBusiness Hotels Blue MountainsFamily Hotels Blue MountainsRomantic Hotels Blue MountainsBy Hotel ClassPopular AmenitiesPopular Blue Mountains Categories
Boutique Resorts in Blue MountainsThemed Hotels in Blue MountainsHoneymoon Hotels Blue MountainsHoneymoon Resorts Blue MountainsBoutique Spa Hotels in Blue MountainsLuxury Spa Hotels Blue MountainsBlue Mountains All Inclusive Spa HotelsBlue Mountains Pet Friendly CampsitesBlue Mountains 5 Star ResortsBlue Mountains Golf ResortsNear Landmarks
Hotels near Scenic World Blue MountainsHotels near The Three SistersHotels near Blue MountainsHotels near Echo Point LookoutHotels near Wentworth Falls LookoutHotels near Govetts LeapHotels near The Giant StairwayHotels near The Blue Mountains Botanic GardenHotels near Leura CascadesHotels near Everglades House & GardensNear Airports
Hotels near Sydney Airport (SYD)Hotels near Raglan Airport (BHS)Motels near Raglan Airport (BHS)Motels near Sydney Airport (SYD)Near Colleges
All things to do in Blue MountainsAdmission TicketsRestaurantsFlightsHoliday RentalsShoppingHoliday PackagesCruisesCar Hire
Blue Mountains Tourism: Best of Blue Mountains
About Blue Mountains
The Blue Mountains are named for the delicate azure haze that lingers along the region, which is actually a fine cloud of oil emitted by eucalyptus trees. The mystical mountains are a labyrinth of plateaus, gorges and gum trees. Check out the Katoomba Scenic Railway (the steepest railway in the world), the Jenolan Caves and the Giant Staircase nature walk.
Start planning for Blue Mountains
Create a Trip to save and organise all of your travel ideas, and see them on a map
Essential Blue Mountains
A mix of the charming, modern, and tried and true.
Can't-miss spots to dine, drink, and feast.
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences.
Trending in the forums
A Blue Mountains Trip for First-Timers
Are you new to the bushwalking trails, waterfalls, and eucalyptus trees of Blue Mountains? Here's a quick guide on the must-see attractions that make this area so magical.
Maria Hart, New York City, NY
- Govetts Leap623Another sweeping lookout point. This one gives you a bird's-eye view of the valley and Bridal Veil Falls.
- Everglades House & Gardens386Not everything in Blue Mountains is wild, rambling countryside. This gorgeous property gives a genteel, manicured version of nature. Stroll the themed gardens and finish your visit with a trip to the property's tea house. Pinkies up!
- Jenolan CavesReady for an underground adventure? Jenolan Caves, a honeycomb of limestone caverns, shows another side to the area's natural beauty.
- Echo Point Lookout1,666A scenic overview with the very best views of Katoomba. You'll also get a closeup of the "Three Sisters" rock formation here, perfect for a photo op.
- Grand Canyon track111A bucket-list walking trail, the Grand Canyon track passes waterfalls, creeks, and majestic sandstone walls. It's one of the most popular walks in the area and a great intro to everything Blue Mountains has to offer.
- Scenic World Blue Mountains4,781Kick off your adventure with this high-adrenaline spot. Chug down the steepest railway, walk over a suspended glass-floored walkway, and gaze out over clifftop views.
- Blue Mountains Chocolate Company237Refuel with a hot chocolate—or grab a few sweet treats as souvenirs for your loved ones back home.
Dig Into Blue Mountains