“Not a chicken schnitzel and I found the air freshener offensive. ”

Amici Pizzeria & Family Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 26 Restaurants in Meaford
Price range: US$12 - US$28
Description: Family friendly restaurant with a varied menu sure to please everyone in your group. Family owned, locally focused, community oriented.
Reviewed 10 December 2019 via mobile

Went with my wife for lunch. When we walked in I could smell the air freshener they use and I was almost ready to walk out. Have breathing problems and it was a little strong. Didn’t see any lunch specials unless it was over. Went to order one of the burgers which were on the board. Was told by the waitress it’s a Wednesday dish only. Didn’t say that on the chalkboard. My wife ordered the calzone which she found quite appetizing. I had ordered the chicken schnitzel. The breading was good on it but a schnitzel is a lot thinner than the way the chicken was. My wife called it a breaded chicken breast. On the menu it said vegetables come with the meal I asked the waitress what kind and she couldn’t really tell me just said whatever is in season and then she started naming of some. We were the only people there a good waitress would have said hang on and I will check in the kitchen. Probably will not go back because of the air freshener smell. I did enjoy my food. They have to realize it bothers some people just like I can’t go into some stores or be around people wearing perfume.

Date of visit: December 2019
Write a reviewReviews (115)

Reviewed 31 August 2019

Just had beef dinner here and it was not good - didn’t complain as place was getting busy and sever was very abrupt - I felt she would have caused a scene should I have complained - not my thing :/
Beef very fatty and served with cold mash potatoes and cold sautéed peppers and onions ??!! Yorkshire pudding rock hard and we asked for extra portion of horseradish and instead of saying ‘one portion would be good for both of us’ she charged us $1.50 extra so whatever !! Cost $82.00 including 2 beers without tip lol
Saving grace to be fair my husband said his steak was good - first and last time here :(

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank Jay9597
Reviewed 21 August 2019

My wife and I dropped in for a quick evening snack. We each ordered one of our favourites. My wife had a small “Greek” pizza. It was too much for her, and I had one slice. We both agreed it was as good as any pizza which we have eaten. We both dislike saying a dish is the best ever which is not fair. We are seniors and have had a number of excellent pizzas. However, this Amici pizza ranks with the best.

Chicken wings are my gold standard test for bar food. Amici wings were deep fried to perfection, and not greasy. Reluctantly I shared one wing with my wife (a small one). She does.not appreciate wings as much as I cop and when she pleaded for a second wing I had to remind her she does not really like wings.

I almost forgot to mention Amici has draft beers on tap including Cowbell beers. Cowbell is an Ontario craft brewer brewing some excellent beers. We were able to enjoy our delicious food with a great beer.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed 29 July 2019

It took more than 30 minutes for our server,Nicole to take our order. I ordered a salad- I couldn't even eat it because it tasted like pure olive oil. I am not one to leave food on my plate but I left the entire salad. Our server, Nicole did not do a quality check and never asked if there was something wrong with my untouched meal. I was pretty disappointed...

Date of visit: July 2019
1  Thank M6326DA
Reviewed 1 July 2019

We asked locals where to eat and everyone said Amici’s. It is in a strip mall and seats about 50 people. It is cute and cozy. Service was prompt. I had the boneless chicken with a salad. I was pleased they had Pinot Gringo Wine. My bill came to $40.00 which I thought was expensive for the amount of food I ordered. However, everything was just delicious. Perhaps the pizza’s would have been a more economical choice and providing more food.

Date of visit: June 2019