Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
View deal
eDreamsUS$89
FindHotelUS$96
Agoda.comUS$96
All reviews cross country skiing hot water showering wellness slopes winter whirlpool
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 August 2017

+ Really nice staff, great big breakfast and dinner, every day a little different meal.
Wellness included (3 saunas and jacuzzi), we appreciate that after a long day hiking!

- Wifi only at the reception.
Went in August and got into a very heavy storm (nothing unusual in Tatry!!!), came
back to the hotel completely wet but the heating didn´t work and the only solution that
offered me at the reception is that they could wash and dry my clothes for an extra
pay. Not happy at all with that!

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ErikaF-manager, Manažér at Hotel Fis, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Dear Anicka,

thanks for your review, we are delighted that you were satisfied with your stay.
We are also grateful for your comments on drying and we will try to find a solution for the satisfaction of our guests even in case they need to dry up their wet clothes.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

We arrived here as it was advertised as a nice place to stay with dog.. unfortunately some of the perssonel shown directly to us their unhappines of us beign there with a dog. We were staying with the dog outside hotel and checking the menu after hiking, looking for a place where to eat. While we were reading the menu our dog was lying on the ground next to the table where we were standing, suddenly old waiter came and asked us to move off his way, as he can go around us he was waiting us to step asside.. while there was two steps to walk around us... is it normal attitude for hotel guests especially ? No that was showstopper for us we decided to move to another place..

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ErikaF-manager, Manažér at Hotel Fis, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Dear Vaidas,
I am very sorry for your negative experience in our hotel.
I fully understand that you just wanted to see the menu at the table and your dog was laying on the floor next to the table.
The colleague's reaction was probably not quite right, I'm sorry for it.
But please understand our point of view - the space between the tables is needed as a staff transition corridor - your dog should therefore lie under the table - in order to avoid possible accidents.
Once again I apologize and I hope your next experience will be better.

Erika Fočárová, Hoteldirector

Reviewed 6 July 2017

Honestly, I wasn´t expecting much and afterwards it exceeded my expectations. First of all, all the staff was very friendly - from the receptionist through the restaurant staff up to wellness staff and that was the most important!
Our room was a bit tiny and the furniture a bit old-fashioned but at the same time you can see the hotel´s effort to modernize as much as they can. Overall, the room was clean and that made it!
The food at the restaurant was delicious! We had borsch soup, mixed salad with beetroot and some pasta and everything was really tasty.
And of course, the location is undoubtably just perfect.

Some cons where Fis hotel could improve:
- the food was really tasty but they save on ingredients: e.g. my salad should come with beetroot and chicken breasts. It came as a plate full of salad leaves and I counted only 6 tiny chops of the breasts and 6 of the beetroot. Also pasta which should come with spinach had only a few leaves of spinach. But again, it was delicious
- I was disappointed to read in the menu card that they would charge you 1 € for the jar of water!! Come on, this is a shame in every restaurant and the biggest shame in a hotel restaurant
- locker key in wellness - what should I do with it? Take it to sauna? :-)
- the whirlpool tub and steam sauna felt a little bit fuggy

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ErikaF-manager, Manager at Hotel Fis, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Dear Laylalae,

thank you so much for your review and for your suggestions to improve our services.
We will deal with them to provide even better service.
We would be glad to welcome you again...
Erika Fočárová, Hoteldirector

Reviewed 10 June 2017

I stayed here 3rd time during winter. It is very nice hotel, but twin rooms are too small. The worst room are in lowest floor. Breakfast is good. Hotel is busy normally during winter, they ask you to move from breakfast room, if you finished. Wellness zone is ok for relaxing.

Room tip: Double room is larger, select room with balcony.
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
ErikaF-manager, Manager at Hotel Fis, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2017

Dear Ales,
thank you for you review.
I'm sorry that the TWIN room was small for you, the hotel also offers larger DBL or Family rooms, this are well-priced. The smallest TWIN rooms are also the cheapest rooms.
The breakfast restaurant has limited capacity and we please guests who only use the wi-fi after breakfest to go with the coffee to the upper restaurant. We want to satisfy the guests waiting on the table.I believe that, in the summer months, this little problem will be solved by preparing breakfast places on the summer terrace as well.
We would like to welcome you again in hotel FIS
Erika Fočárová, hotel director

Reviewed 17 May 2017

Very clean, friendly staff, service level as at four star hotel. I recommend and will certainly consider for future stay in this area. Breakfast is standard with wide offer to choose from including vegetables.

Room tip: Both sides have nice view and are quiet.
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
ErikaF-manager, Manažér at Hotel Fis, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2017

Dear Jan,

thank you for your positive review. We are happy that you were satisfied with staying in our hotel and we are glad to welcome you again.