All reviews gannet colony kauri cliffs play golf tasting menu new zealand pre dinner drinks kiwi experience round of golf food and wine tour of the property stunning property kiwi bird luxury lodge horse ride moment you arrive spa treatments hawkes bay
Reviewed 21 August 2018

There are some great resorts around the World, but Cape Kidnappers is right up there, in every sense. Terrific food, great wine(s), outstanding service. All delivered against a backdrop of spectacular scenery and a keen attention to architectural detail. Sounds a bit like a biased review, but I would lay a fair bet that everyone who goes there has an amazing experience. Good on the owners as I’m sure this is a bit of a folly.

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Pros
One of the most beautiful places we have ever been

Rooms are beautiful and so comfortable

Incredible food and wine

Incredible hiking trails

Kiwi bird experience is a must

Staff is friendly and helpful

The BEST sunsets and sunrises

Cons
We couldn’t find any :)

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2018

This place is simply beautiful and the service and facilities are exceptional. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our three night stay here in April and I only wish we could have stayed longer. Between us we went hiking, horse riding and played golf and blessed with glorious weather we saw Cape Kidnappers at its best. The gardens and surrounding countryside are glorious and the view from the fourteenth hole is simply spectacular.
The staff are attentive and knowledgeable, friendly and down to earth. The food is delicious, the New Zealand lamb a favourite, and our dinner in the round room on the night of our anniversary was very special.
The lodge has a sophisticated yet cosy feel and the formal dining and lounge rooms are charming. The breakfast/dining room is a conservatory with glorious natural light and views. Our room, a Ridge Suite, was lovely and upon entering I immediately felt at home. It is decorated with a rural feel in calming neutral tones with artwork to suit the surrounding countryside.The bed was very comfortable as was the perfectly positioned fireside chair. The bathroom is spacious and though the decor is clearly a few years old, it is not obviously outdated or in any way worn. The oversized bath and shower are great.
This is a luxury stay with prices to match, but it more than lived up to the hype for me and was worth the price. Cape Kidnappers reminded me that New Zealand really is one of the most stunning places on earth.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2018

My husband took me to The Farm at Cape Kidnappers for my birthday and it was just fantastic. He had told the staff what the occasion was and many of the staff made a point of wishing me Happy Birthday. There was also a note and a little gift in our room on arrival in acknowledgement of it being a birthday celebration. We arrived in time for lunch and I had the Thai pumpkin soup which was divine and I then went and had a massage and facial at the Spa. The spa is gorgeous and I have had a few treatments there in the past and always found the therapists very good. This occasion was no exception and my therapist Carole was amazing. She was friendly, professional and caring and made the 2 treatments seemlessly blend into one....it was very relaxing. After the spa treatments hubby and I had a soak in the spa pool. It was a little too hot for me and it was no problem finding a helpful member of staff to cool it down. To end the day we had canapes and drinks followed by a sensational meal in the Conservatory...definitely the best dining spot. Hubby and I both had the tasting menu and loved the food. We have stayed at The Farm and the other Robertson Lodges numerous times over the years and the food has always been good. In the past 2-3 years however it has gone from good to exceptional. Breakfast was also fantastic with a great selection of both healthy and decadent treats on offer. We stayed in Lodge Suite 4 which is our favourite suite. It has a fireplace and bay window which the other Lodge suites do not (at least that is my understanding). We are trying a Ridge Suite next time which are the same size (vs the smaller Hilltop suites) and also have fireplaces apparently. The rooms and the lodge itself are all beautifully appointed with first class amenities.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kristabel2016
Reviewed 26 April 2018

Everything about this hotel is top notch, including the prices! The place is stunning, the staff is remarkable and our visit here will always be remembered. Our family of 5 did everything from clay shooting, to river rafting, to horseback riding, to sheep herding, to hiking.. only thing we didn't do was golf! It was an amazing trip and everyone took detailed care in making sure we had a wonderful visit. The food was terrific and we enjoyed leisurely breakfasts and dinners. The pre dinner cocktail hour was a great time to mingle with guests from around the world and to chat with terrific staff! The rooms were beautifully appointed and we spent most of our downtime on the deck overlooking the sea. It was definitely pricey, but 100% worth it!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family