“Unexpected lovely food”

Sampans Oriental Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 42 Restaurants in Ringway
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Sampans restaurant brings you the very best Pan-Asian cuisine with a collection of dishes to suit all tastes. We also have a great selection of desserts and teas that have been carefully selected to offer you the best Far Eastern culinary experience. I grew up in Chumphon, South Thailand and was fascinate by the sights and aroma of cooking from early childhood. I would help my mother in the kitchen, learning about the fresh herbs and spices that use in Asian cooking. My passion for food led me to travel extensively across the Asian continent to China, Vietnam, Sri Lanka and Japan. During my journeys I worked in restaurants, learning my craft and fusing the foods of the various cultures to bring an authentic taste of the Far East to my style of cooking. These skills are reflected in creating Sampans menu. I hope you enjoy your dinning experience with us. Boonta English and Team
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed at the Crown plaza tonight and thought we'd try the Thai restaurant. Had a set menu which was a) cheap and b) excellent. Service was good too, not what I was expecting at all. Reccomended if you like Thai food, also if you don't know but would like to try Thai.

BoontaE, Manager at Sampans Oriental Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear robin e, thank you for your kind review of Sampans. I am happy that we surpassed your expectations and I hope you will come back soon.

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Managed to get an early table here the evening before our very early flight out of Manchester. Table for two at 6.30. They pushed us in as the table was booked out later in the evening but that was fine for us. We really enjoyed the meal and the service was very courteous. Very tasty, drinks quite expensive but what you would expect for an airport hotel anywhere. End bill expensive with a service charge included.
Would certainly dine again.

Dear Viewmytrip, Thank you for your kind review of Sampans.I am pleased that you enjoyed our food and service. I hope we can welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

Very nice food and good service but I have to say it is probably the most expensive Chinese meal I’ve eaten!

Dear Charles T, I am pleased that you enjoyed our food and service. We are priced competitively with other restaurants in the area. I hope you will return again soon.

Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

We have eaten here several times over the years and the quality of the food has never failed us. Coupled with friendly and attentive staff makes for a great evening prior to our early morning flight out of MIA. We always see a stay at the Crowne Plaza and a meal in Sampans as another day to our holiday

1  Thank Paulusmc

Dear Paulusmc, thank you for taking the time to review Sampans. It is always great to hear from repeat customers.
I am pleased that you enjoy your dining experience with us. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 23 September 2018

Stayed at the Crown Plaza for the night prior to our outward flight and managed to get a table at Sampans following a cancellation - please note that the two restaurants at the Crowne Plaza always seem to be operating at full capacity, with a failry long wait for a table, so suggest that you book prior to your arrival!.

The menu is varied and interesting, and friendly advice is readily available for those not fully conversant with pan asian cuisine, with prompt service and good quality food

1  Thank john t

Dear john t, that you for your kind review. It is a;ways wise to book in advance as we do get very busy at times.I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.