2,775 results
All reviews small resort balcony room italian restaurant activities staff snack bar spanish coffee mexican families hot dogs the air conditioning beach volleyball a la carte restaurants musty smell guacamole boogie boards ping pong other resorts buffet food
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

My daughter has had diarrhea for two days. She’s two years old and doesn’t use diapers anymore. We actually live in Mexico just a few hours away from the hotel and we asked to cancel the very last night so we could just go home and we were told we needed to contact our travel agency even though we made the reservation directly through sambas webpage. I called the number that was given on the reservations and they told us that we needed to deal directly with the hotel so when I went to the front desk again I was told I needed to call the page. So after getting the runaround we were told that since there is no cancellation policy in existence that means we can’t cancel or change the dates. On one website the hotel states that two children under 12 years old are free and once we got to the hotel we were told that the eight-year-old was not free and had to pay another 2000 pesos. I had made the reservation and paid a little bit more in order to be able to cancel and now they were telling me that that is not true, that there can be no canceling or changes to an existing reservation. If I had known that I would have just paid for the non-refundable room and save myself the same amount that I would be losing by canceling. We travel all over the world, The staff here is very very friendly and I think that is one of their only saving graces. The pools are warm or heated but they are not very clean and the food is mediocre, the desserts are not very good at all. The hotel lobby is on the second floor with a lot of open windows and I have seen a bunch of kids running around of course unsupervised and it could be a very dangerous area for a fall to happen. Our family speaks both English and Spanish but if you don’t speak Spanish the majority of the staff does speak English. The staff I would definitely give five stars but the hotel itself is probably about a three and the food about 2.5. I have never had a soda with carbonation in it yet, I don’t know if something is wrong with the machine or if it is because I drink diet Pepsi and they just use plastic bottles poured into cups

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
SAMBA V, Gerente at Samba Vallarta All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Dear jessica,
We thank you for tanking your valuable time to writing your reviews about your stay at Samba Vallarta Hotel, such thing is very useful, because reading this we can be sure about the things we can improve. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience you may had during your stay which unfortunately diminished your total perception of our Hotel. I have taken attention from each one of the points that you mention. I commit my self and my staff to correct these faults. I would like to share with you that we are constantly upgrading the facility and improving our service to positioning the property as an attractively, intimate, family-oriented option. On food, following our customer`s comments and suggestions, we have been constantly improving the variety of our buffet menus, we have a wide range of choices and are still continuously adding more options. Samba Family is always glad to help and be at your service, please feel free to contact us, I´m sure we can do something to recover your trust and confidence. Hoping you visit this place again to show you how unique and memorable your vacation can be.

Reviewed 11 May 2018

Much smaller hotel, not as noisy and less people so more attentive staff. Beach parties were awesome and within walking distance to Bucerias (stop at Henry's, Karen's and FatBoys along the way lol) Good food selection for a smaller hotel

Stayed: February 2018
SAMBA V, Gerente at Samba Vallarta All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2018

Dear Linda,
Thank you very much for choosing Samba Vallarta to spend your vacation. Your compliments towards our friendly staff are very motivating for all our associates to continue offering the best. Following our customer`s comments and suggestions, we strive to continually improve our service and your input help us to provide best possible experience.
We sincerely hope you continue being one of our most valued guests at this your home Samba Vallarta.

Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

I am back from Samba.....

WestJet flight was superb as usual. Check in at Samba was quick and the Front desk Man was kind, polite, and helpful. My room was a little dated but so clean. I had ocean, garden, and pool views! The shower worked well, air conditioning worked well, and there was no musty smell at all. I was very happy with my room. I love the small size of the resort. I only ate in the Buffet for breakfast and dinner and each night it was different. There was a wide variety of food and I enjoyed it. The pool side restaurant offered standard pizza, burgers, fries, hot dogs and it was just okay. The beach was nice.

Starting at 9:00 pm, the outdoor entertainment was very good and a different theme every night. Service was excellent and people were so nice. I really enjoyed my stay at Samba and will go again!

Stayed: May 2018
SAMBA V, Gerente at Samba Vallarta All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

Dear Janet,
Thank you very much for sharing your comments about your stay at Samba Vallarta, we are so glad it has been a pleasant one. Your compliments towards our friendly staff are very motivating for all our associates to continue offering Their very best. We will be so happy to share your great comments with all our associates.
We hope you and your family will be back soon.

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

First time at this resort, check in was super fast and staff very friendly and efficient, when we entered room it was a bit tired but clean, bathroom really needs updating , again clean but really old. Room is basic, small fridge with water , beer and pop , there is a card that says it’s 20 peso’s per to replenish , we never got charged anything . Room was always cleaned very well. The beds are very hard. The buffet had lots of choices , we never went to either of the al alcarte. The buffet had different themes every night , always had the staples . Breakfast lady made you any type of egg you wanted , plenty of fruit , breads and desserts . The pool area is not large but never had an issues getting a lounger , very family friendly . Staff were efficient and always round asking if you wanted another drink .Beach is very nice lots of loungers also and staff constantly came to check if you needed anything . I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for something smaller and quieter or have young children . There is a small amount of entertainment.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Brendastrain,
After reading this note we want to express our gratitude to you for taking your time and write this message for us.
Awaiting for your next visit to this, your second home Samba Vallarta Hotel, The Samba Familiy send hugs and warm regards.

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

Me and my family enjoy the resort very nice people and the service was very good definitely we will recommend it to our friends.

Resort was beautiful, and all the workers were very kind and fun! The food was very good, but with little variety! Definitely would recommend!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Dear Alicia,
On behalf of Samba Vallarta Hotel, we really thank you for stay with us; your compliments towards as it is very motivating for all our associates to continue offering the best, the quality service of our great friendly and courteous staff make us a favorite for vacationers.
Receive our gratitude for being one of our valued guests. It will be a pleasure to have you back soon at this your home Samba Vallarta.