US$148
US$140
Mary's Boon Beach Hotel and Spa(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$111
Travelocity
Azure Hotel & Art Studio(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
US$131
Orbitz.com
Turquoise Shell Inn(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$181
Orbitz.com
Travel Inn Hotel(Simpson Bay)
Book now, pay at stay
US$95
Hotels.com
The Villas at Simpson Bay Beach Resort & Marina(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$159
Priceline
Simpson Bay Resort & Marina(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$130
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnew appliancesmullet bay beachshort drivebeach accessfull kitchensint maartenrented a cargrand casemarciasabamarigot
Reviewed 7 July 2008

people complain too much. We were there from May 10-17th of this year, and had the best time. The staff was totally helpful, and always friendly. Our room was clean, and our hot tub worked well. The pool was great, and the beach was beautiful. I was able to go down to the store and get stuff to make dinner for the nights we wanted to eat in. those nights were not often becuase the restaraunt downstairs had good food, and it wasn't overpriced. The people at the activities desk were very helpful, and it was totally convinient to rent a car in the lobby for when we wanted to travel. It's not the trump penthouse, but it's a fine place to spend your time in the heat of the mid afternoon. I think that if you can be miserable while in paradise, it probably doens't have anything to do with the hotel...it's probably just you!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2008

The good thing about the hotel is that it is close to the Airport, Maho, Phillipsburg and even Marigot. And that is why we decided to stay there in the first place. However I did expect a lot better from a Wyndham hotel. The room was spacious, but the amenities were ancient (they dont have DVDs... yes...they have VCRs???.... also the TVs are ancient). The pool area was nice, but the beachfront is miniscule. The food at the cafe is bland, and the activities at the hotel are tacky at best. The Spa was decent...nothing special. And there was even a mouse in our room.... which when we reported to the hotel staff was not further investigated into. Try to find a place in the area that is a little bit more modern, because this place is definitely past its prime.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank NYCkidd
Reviewed 21 June 2008

We rented a room through St. Martin blue.com. It was a Oceanfront studio called the Rivage unit. The room was very nice, spacious and clean. The view from the balcony was incredible and the four person jacuzzi worked great. As far as the rest of the hotel, it was more than adequate. The pool area was very nice and clean. People were friendly and the restaurant was decent. If you are like me and like to rent a car and explore the island, than the hotel is in a great location. Cupecoy Beach is my favorite beach, but you have to walk a little further right from the hotel to have more beach. I dont know about the rest of the rooms in the hotel, but St. Martin blue seems to have a few of the nice recently renovated ones. It is a bargain!!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2008

We are timeshare owners at the Sapphire. When we originally bought there in 1994, it was an absolutely beautiful place and the best value for the money that could be found on the island. Now that we've been there for 14 years and have paid maintenance fees that are escalating each year and special assesments for upgrades to the units, we are totally disgusted to find that our hard earned dollars seem to have evaporated. Nothing much has changed...none of the things that we were promised when we were assessed...new tv's, dvd players, new furniture, new appliances (including oven), wireless internet access in the rooms, etc. etc. etc. The maintenance to the units seems to be nonexistent...safety lock on door torn off, original refrigerator with icemaker that doesn't work, grill on stove that doesn't work, roaches, missing lightbulbs, tv remotes that don't work, dirty jacuzzi, toilet that doesn't flush properly, missing half the dishes and glassware, broken coffeepot. The list goes on and on.

The crowning blow came when we checked out. We were charged an extra $100+ for energy surcharge. This was a total surprise and should have been communicated to owners prior to the visit.

The sales staff is totally useless...they promise to get answers and don't bother...just avoid you when they see you. Front desk does make an effort, but just can't make things happen.

Bottom line...I'm sorry I still have the unit and wish I could sell it, but know that anyone who reads this site will never be a prospect to buy at the Sapphire. I wonder why Wyndham doesn't step in and do something about this whole situation since they have given their name to endorse the property. Doesn't make me want to frequent any other Wyndham facilities either abroad or in the US!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sawasdi
Reviewed 15 May 2008

I did not know what to expect, given the bad reviews about this property, but I found it to be great. We stayed on the sixth floor of building two. Awesome view!! We had a very nice, clean room with a very clean jaccuzzi on our deck. The mattress was old, but the sheets were nice. This hotel does show some age, as it was built in the mid 90's, but it was built as a 5 star then, so it is still nice. Everyone at the hotel was friendly to us. We had no maintenance issues, so I dont know about that. The activities desk booked us a couple side trips and we rented a jeep from the counter in the hotel. My wife even bought jewelry from the Jewelry store in the hotel. The pool is open 24 hours. The restaurant there was great. We ate lunch one time, dinner one time, and breakfast one time. All meals were great. No unpleasant servers either. The guy running the grocery store downstairs was grumpy, but tolerable. The hotel beach is poor. I used it and the snorkelling there was pretty good. If you walk over some rocks to either side, there are large sandy areas and are always empty. Very private. Water was rough going two of the three times I went there. The Atlantis Casino and three restaurants are a short walk away, but you need a car to go to any other places. Close to airport (but not close enough that planes are heard) and close to Maho, which has nice restaurants, entertainment, and shopping. We also got a late checkout (1pm), but she said that would not have been possible if it were Saturday. They did hold our bags and when we were ready, the car rental guy gave us a ride to the airport for free. I would recommend the hotel. You get alot for your money.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple