“A good mood place ”

Ernest & Fidel Cafe
Ranked #1 of 39 Restaurants in Cupecoy Bay
Price range: US$7 - US$33
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Ernest & Fidel is a Cuban themed Cafe, However, our cuisine is LATIN AMERICAN serving the most typical dishes from Chile, Colombia, Peru, Cuba, Mexico and Puerto Rico.
Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

We were a two families out for dinner. Felipe the General Manager welcomed us and spared no effort to ensure we had a perfect evening. The drinks were excellent and the fajitas superb. But most of all we loved the service! It was so great we returned after two days and everything was just as perfect if not even better the second time. Both the kids and adults just loved it!

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 3 December 2017

WOW, E and F has most FANTASTIC food and great personalities too!
After a recent trip to St. Maarten delivering donations to schools I decide to visit E & F again. Lunch was grand! Felipe is just as pleasant as ever. Andry, my waiter, is so very accommodating. The chef, Fermin, presented a delicious plate. I selected a salad and it was fresh, delicious. The flavors within the salad were exquisite yet simple. Each item of food that I had was superb (wonderfully superb)!!!! The atmosphere is one that you should try. The company is awesome. The decor is beautiful and being in the marina makes it devine! Inside and outside seating. Can not wait to come back in December. Thank you from Maine!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Great time with the people of Ernest and Fidel Cafe. Best Margarita and Fajitas that I've had in my life (not just the island)! Open air cafe with live music in the square made for great ambiance. Had great conversations with the executive chef and my server -- very gracious and intelligent hosts. If you are an american with a craving for gourmet-caliber Latin food and awesome margaritas, this is a must-visit restaurant. Located in a shopping square in Porto Cupecoy (with plenty of parking).

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 1 August 2017

I really enjoyed my dinner at Ernest & Fidel Cafe when I was in St. Maarten visiting family. We were enthusiastically greeted upon arrival and treated to a lively run through the menu by the owner. I chose the lemongrass mojito and was not disappointed. Light and refreshing with just the right touch of lemongrass. I also ordered the tuna with a side of tajadas (fried plantains). So good! The chef was so pleased with the presentation that he stopped by the table to chat with me about it. My sister loved her black bean soup and her boyfriend gobbled up his seafood pasta alfredo. The atmosphere is fun. I love that much of the seating overlooks the fountain in the courtyard and the water. I highly recommend you check this place out!

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 25 July 2017

The food was excellent. The friendly service from everyone was as good as the food. They care about making good food.

We'll be back.