“Gourmet Fajitas and Welcoming staff”

Ernest & Fidel Cafe
Ranked #3 of 39 Restaurants in Cupecoy Bay
Price range: US$7 - US$33
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Ernest & Fidel is a Cuban themed Cafe, However, our cuisine is LATIN AMERICAN serving the most typical dishes from Chile, Colombia, Peru, Cuba, Mexico and Puerto Rico.
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Great time with the people of Ernest and Fidel Cafe. Best Margarita and Fajitas that I've had in my life (not just the island)! Open air cafe with live music in the square made for great ambiance. Had great conversations with the executive chef and my server -- very gracious and intelligent hosts. If you are an american with a craving for gourmet-caliber Latin food and awesome margaritas, this is a must-visit restaurant. Located in a shopping square in Porto Cupecoy (with plenty of parking).

Reviewed 1 August 2017

I really enjoyed my dinner at Ernest & Fidel Cafe when I was in St. Maarten visiting family. We were enthusiastically greeted upon arrival and treated to a lively run through the menu by the owner. I chose the lemongrass mojito and was not disappointed. Light and refreshing with just the right touch of lemongrass. I also ordered the tuna with a side of tajadas (fried plantains). So good! The chef was so pleased with the presentation that he stopped by the table to chat with me about it. My sister loved her black bean soup and her boyfriend gobbled up his seafood pasta alfredo. The atmosphere is fun. I love that much of the seating overlooks the fountain in the courtyard and the water. I highly recommend you check this place out!

Reviewed 25 July 2017

The food was excellent. The friendly service from everyone was as good as the food. They care about making good food.

We'll be back.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

My wife and I shared and loved the tuna ceviche while my brother-in-law savored his bacon-wrapped shrimp. They each had the Shrimp Fajitas which were absolutely delicious! My entree was the Churrasco steak which was done to perfection and came with the most amazing Yucca fries I've ever tasted.
It's a lovely setting overlooking the Porto Cupecoy marina and piazza. Some nights it's quiet and intimate while other times they have terrific live music.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Good food and atmosphere. Good service. In a beautiful location. Live music on Wednesday and a movie on Monday. Something different to try with good food.