See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 August 2018

This friendly, family run guesthouse provided us with the full range of rooms for our whole party. The family run business meant that you were provided with many personal touches that only this type of business can offer. The rooms/suites are stunning and decorated in their original style to make this a really special experience. Breakfast is lovely. There were absolutely nothing bad about this location apart from the fact that I would have liked to have stayed there longer.

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 29 May 2018

From the moment I arrived to the time I left I was looked after. The staff/owners are friendly and helpful. They also do theme nights here, haloween, rocky horror, james bond etc..

Great place to stay, look at my other reviews I always tell the truth hence some really bad ones, can't find anything negative at all. Great room, grounds/garden, people and food.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Hazel B, Manager at St. Nicholas Country House Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Thank you. Really glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you on one of our murder mystery nights.

Reviewed 2 March 2018

I had need to book a room in the area for business. Most other hotels closer to my place of business were booked up. Thank goodness they were otherwise I would not have had the pleasure of staying here. The house is lovely, the rooms comfortable and the food was very tasty. It is not a big hotel in terms of numbers of rooms. The owners/proprietors live on site and are very friendly and chatty, therefore this may not be a suitable place for shy wallflowers who like the anonymity of a larger chain type hotel. Be prepared to have a good old natter with the owners - they are very nice people who care very much about their guests! I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: the hotel is situated next to a main road and therefore, you will hear the rumble of traffic passing.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Myself, my Mother and My Aunt stayed here just for the one night whilst visiting my Uncle in Market Deeping. Our room was beautiful and fitted our needs exactly. We were greeted with a warm welcome on arrival and were even asked if we needed help with our bags (unheard of in this day and age especially in a Guest House!). Shown personally to our room, (again a rarity, usually told room number and find your own way there!). We were also advised that the level crossing between the Guest House and my Uncle's house would be closed at 10pm that evening, but were given a front door key in case we arrived back after 10pm. The beds were extremely comfy and the area so quiet, we all had a good nights sleep. The breakfast in the morning was again excellent with everything we ordered cooked to perfection. We are definitely booking here again! Thank you to Annette and Co for a brilliant stay, look forward to seeing you again soon.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank SharonP2026
Hazel B, Manager at St. Nicholas Country House Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

So glad you had such a wonderful stay and a good nights sleep followed by a great breakfast , we look forward to seeing you all again.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

Warm welcome by the owners, great spacious room and lovely bathroom.
Generous tea/coffee making treats in the room, beautiful Gracde II listed accommodation,
The breakfast was 5 star and perfect eggs (I am fussy)
Highly recommend a visit if you are in the area.

Room Tip: Relaxing location great gardens
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Hazel B, Manager at St. Nicholas Country House Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Glad you enjoyed your stay and especially your eggs!! We look forward to seeing you again soon.