“There Is Clearly A Better Hotel”

Dead Sea Spa Hotel Resort
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Sweimah
Reviewed 15 January 2018

It all started out well until after I asked at check in about laundry, from that point it just went downhill. First the room, great view of the dead sea, nice patio you could sit on and from the room I was in you could see the light of Israel in the distance, picture perfect. Had a little kettle to make hot water, clean room. As all hotels in every place, there is barely any light, they use those tiny things that would normally light up a closet.

Yes, the front desk person said that I could get laundry done since it was not that late of a check-in. I call from the room and someone comes up to say that laundry is closed. When going downstairs I tell the front desk that the person they sent up said laundry was closed, can I just bring it down in the morning. They said yes, I bring it down in the morning they say they cannot take it but has to be in the room, take it back upstairs. I then find out that they cannot just take the laundry out of the room unless I am in the room even though I filled out the form. I just said never mind and was leaving since I had a guide coming to take me to Petra who asked what was wrong. The manger came out and offered to do the laundry now for free and I was so fed up I just said let's get out of here.

Come back from Petra and my laundry is now done but charged around 40 USD for about 6 things, guide pitches a fit and gets my laundry for free.

Food hours also seems to be an issue. I ask what time is dinner, went down and naturally the place is not open yet. Asked what time was breakfast since I was leaving early, naturally the place is not open yet.

No one at the hotel seems to know what in heavens name is going on, yes, no, yes, no seems to be the average. I book a spa treatment which went well at least, received what I paid for, unfortunately my spa lady was Asian and did not speak one word of English so we could not communicate even in sign language which was difficult to say the least.

Go down to the sea and had to ask what the routine was since no one bothered to tell you where it was or what to do with the mud once you arrived. Other travelers who had been before were very helpful to all of us who had never been before.

The balance of the staff was either rude or did not know how to get out of a paper bag open at both ends. Of course, hot water was not available just tepid which seems to be normal in that part of the world.

Would not stay at this place again no matter how clean the rooms are.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank mowermutt
Write a ReviewReviews (1,034)

Reviewed 15 January 2018

During our presence in the Dead Sea Region, we stayed overnight at Dead Sea Spa Hotel Resort.
First thing that I noticed while arriving there was their security check at the entrance on the property: their own security personnel, their own fences, their own gates, which gives us a feeling of safety.
The resort is spacious with many facilities: restaurants, bars, pools, access to the Dead Sea with the needed facilities, medical center, spa … and all these gives us a feeling of comfort.
Our room was large, with a balcony facing to the inner yard, so the view was not quite spectacular. The room and the bath room had all the staff necessary in a place like this.
For the beach, the resort provides the proper furniture, showers, towels and you may find the well-known mud, free of charge.
There are pools for children, families, and for adults, sunbeds, umbrellas, slides, lifeguard, and there is possible to order something to drink or even to smoke a narghile.
The restaurants offer a large variety of dishes for all meals: breakfast, lunch or dinner. About the food we were really pleased.
The staff is polite and helpful.
We spent a good time here and we were pleased about the place.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2018

A group of 4 of us come to the Dead Sea Spa for a spa treatment in November. The end result of a very long story is that 3 of us did not receive the services that we paid for, and there was not manager or receptionist around then to see about getting a refund or have the facials performed. The rooms where the services are provided were dungeonesque and filthy. There are really nice spas nearby that are in the same price range, so avoid the Dead Sea Spa at all costs! If you want more details, please email me and I will fill you in.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

I just visit Dead Sea Spa Resort today and I can say that this is the best travel I've ever had in Jordan since new year 2018! The best staff and warm welcoming hotel we've ever had... despite of having their regular guests... they even sit with us and asked us how was our stayed here in Dead Sea... they are the best!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

We recently spent two nights in this resort and in our opinion is not at the level you would expect from a 4* resort

Some common areas are not looked after and almost abandoned, the quality of the food is ok but far from the best we tried in Jordan and more expensive than comparable places, wi-fi connection is free but very very weak and not properly functioning in all areas, rooms are big but not properly clean.

The position and the access to the Dead sea are fine and not very different from all other resorts that are all located in the same area.

So, the hotel is ok for a few days stay but before booking I would recommend to compare the offered price with other 4* located in the same area.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family