1,178 results
All reviews duplex room moonlight bar fun fair main restaurant turkey stone group hotel animation team royal wings luna park ferris wheel fried chicken water slides beautiful hotel ice cream sea view late breakfast pirate ship
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

We booked our holiday months ago because we wanted to relax and do nothing. We have read carefully all the reviews and decided this is the hotel for us. Our flight was late in the evening and with the transfer for an hour we ended up at the hotel at 9.30.pm. We were immediately checked in and we were upgraded to a Junior Suite from standard room with sea view, no extra charge. It was a nice gesture and we appreciated. Because we arrived late there was no dinner for us, except for some sandwiches and cookies at Lilly's patissery. It would have been nice to find food in our room or to be expected at the restaurant with some other types of dishes, not sandwiches. This was the way we were received at same hour in Tunisia or Greece. Breakfast starts at 7 until 10, lunch 13-14.30 and dinner at 19-21.30.
The main restaurant is big, with a lot of dishes, cold, hot, typical plates from Turkish cusine, fish for lunch and dinner. For sure it was food for every taste. What was not particularly good - the fruits did not had a good taste, some were not rape. If you were at the start of each meal you were sure to get a good table, especially for lunch and dinner. The tables were cleaned quickly. The drinks were served quickly, too. The main restaurant is situated at level minus 2, same level with the spa and the shopping area.
The gym was fair enough, but had awful opening hours 8-12.30 and 14.30 -19.30.
I would prefer to have opened early in the morning to have my routine before breakfast. The spa was great. I had a Turkish bath together with a massage and a face mask -all and all about 2 hours and costed 90 Euro. Money well spent. Unfortunately I did not retained the name of the man that made this experience exquisite. After 2 hours being pampered I felt like a new born.
The beach was very close. Luckily a lot of people spent the time at the pool and the beach was not crowded. It was perfect. The water was so cleaned especially in the morning when we fed the fish that were literally eating from our hand. I did not understood though why we had water on the beach between the last line of beech beds and the sea. It was like a swamp and smelt like one.
We also went parasaling which was a nice experience. It cost us 60 euro for 2 persons. They have a photographer that takes you pictures on the boat and in the air and also there is a camera that records the whole time. Unfortunately I found it very expensive-50 Euro. I think they might gain more, if the price would be maximum 30 Euro.
Junior suite was big, with one large queen size bed and another smaller, few steps that divided the bedroom from the sitting room were was the TV set. Mini bar was always filled with water, beer juices and sodas.
The cleaning was done each day , but not thoroughly. It had some hit and miss spots. For a 5 star hotel is not something to be expected. The towels were clean and soft. It is known in Turkey you can not throw toilet paper into the toilet. I would have liked a covered bin not an open one.
The view from our balcony was great. Each morning we were greeted by the sun and the blue sea.
We went to Side 2 times. By taxi cost us 15 Euro on way or dolmus 1,5 Euro per person. Personally I preferred the taxi, even though it was more expensive. With the taxi you could arrive at destination within 15 minutes, air conditioning and good conditions. Dolmus- 30 minutes, a lot of people standing because there were enough places. The station for dolmus is outside the hotel, right near the white tower. There is not much to do outside the hotel -some shops with clothes and some Turkish delights.
I did not liked the fact that I did not found Aryan at the bar although is their local drink and it was mentioned on the list.
The internet was good and it was provided throughout the hotel. On the day we had to check out we were cut from internet few hours before noon when it was the check out time. Not nice. The cleaning lady came few times in our room, before noon, keep asking when we are leaving. I considered this to be not polite, especially when the check out time was 12.00. It did not felt good and kind of spoilt my previous experience and made me telling -mixed feelings.
The hotel is nice, quite luxurious. All the commune areas were spotless.
The entertainment was good for those that like this kind of staff.
They had good Turkish coffee, but not at the breakfast, at the lobby bar, after 10.00.
One night we went to Captain Fish restaurant. It was a nice experience and I liked to be served at the table, not like into the main restaurant where people were chasing food making a lot of noise. We had starters, salads, soup, main course and desert. And of course wine. It worth spending 10 Euro extra
In conclusion, I know that all the people were working hard to made us feel comfortable, but I think that are still some things missing that need some improvement.

4  Thank Traveler200782
Reviewed 12 July 2018

Good things first..
The hotel grounds are beautiful and clean, swimming pools are enormous and not with sea water which is a bonus. You can enjoy some fun on water slides and in fun-fair - kids will love it. It is located on the beach with a nice sandy beach and easy access to the sea. As expected for such hotel you have to play the usual game of reserving sunbeds first thing in the morning, otherwise after 8:30-9:00 am there is nothing left...
Rooms are large and kept clean.

Entertainment and animation team are average for AI hotel, with a bit repetitive schedule of activities and shows.

This is a huge hotel that aspires to be a 5-star hotel.
However, it is hugely let down by the service provided.
This is especially obvious in dining areas which are understaffed and the staff is rather unhelpful and unhappy. After travelling 2-3 times a year in the last 10 years to various AI resorts (including Turkey) I can hardly recall such a bad service...

Average waiting time to get drinks during dinner varies from 20minutes to infinity! We have seen a number of guests who ate their dinner without a drop of drink! Unless you go and self-yourself from service counter for waiters. Even if you are lucky to order drinks it will be once off so do not count for a refill, start piling up plates that are almost never cleaned up.
Waiting staff is untrained and not capable to take simple order for drinks for the majority of the time we received more than we ordered, less then we ordered, several times we ordered and did not receive any drinks.. It did not matter if you order in english or German. Same applied to meals in the beach restaurant.

Waiting staff seems unhappy to serve you, there is poor eye contact and little interaction with them which is sad. We appreciate good service and always tip our servers well, here it was almost impossible, barring a handful of bar staff.

Be prepared to queue everywhere as service is so insufficient.
Food is beautifully presented and plentiful but meats are of poor quality and very repetitive with obvious recycling next day.
On may days there is a revolting smell of sewage in dining areas.

I rarely write negative reviews but on this occasion, I felt obliged. You were warned.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
8  Thank VictorJuliaBeata
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

I visited that hotel it was great idea i really loved everything about the hotel pool weather pool is really nice staffs in the hotel are really friendly specially the entertainment team is really lovely and friendly specially mr Sabar Alina Katy ...... I will come back to that hotel for sure thanks to everybody

Trip type: Travelled solo
RoyalAlhambraPalace, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Royal Alhambra Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Dear Guest ,

Thank you for rating us. It was a pleasure for us to welcome you here. Since you have felt comfortable with us, we hope to see you again.
Until then, all the best.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Like most reviews I write, I’m doing so from the hotel, during my stay. I find this the best way to give an honest review.
The Hotel
First time at this hotel, travelling with two kids, and I must say it is very nice. The rooms are a good size and are adequate for your needs. Mini bar which is stocked every day with water and juice. If you would like more then just leave a note for the staff and they are happy to help. If you want to buy anything then please take Euros. They will accept Lira but they make up there own exchange rate and you do get ripped off. The hotel is in the middle of nowhere so don’t expect nice walks as there is nothing nearby. Sidi is the nearest town which is a 15min taxi.
The Guests
Mostly Eastern European, Turkish, and German. British also.
Pool area
The pool area is massive, with loads of sun beds and umbrellas( as long as you are down before 9.30am then you should find one )They have great flumes and slides for the younger kids and bigger ones for more daring so the kids should be kept entertained during the day. The flumes do only open for two hours at a time. If this is not enough for them then the kids club is excellent. Loads of activities for them with a friendly bunch of staff.
Entertainment
At night, it’s the usual entertainment, mini disco, magic show etc. Not the best but they were ok. There are also a few fairground rides to keep the kids happy until 9.30pm. All free!!! If you like the beach then it’s right at the hotel also so no long walks to get there. The beach bar has some live music also. There is a small arcade and a bowling alley. This is not free.
There is also a few shops, hairdresser, and a nice spa area so this hotel has all the usual amenities you would expect from a quality hotel.
The Staff.
There are loads of friendly staff working very hard all day and they are always happy to help, however, they lack that little bit of extra service you should expect from a 5 star hotel.
Food & drink
This is where it gets a bit tricky, as I have read other reviews, some good and some bad so I will put this thought into your head first. This is a 5 star expensive hotel...... keep this in your mind while you read the next paragraph...
Breakfast- usual buffet style option in a massive indoor area. Tables not turned around quickly enough and you do have to wait sometimes.
Lunch- you have a choice of the buffet or you can use the 4 or 5 other options such as bake potato corner, toastie corner, fried chicken corner. This sounds like a great selection, however, each option only opens at certain times for a few hours. All this does is creates queues. Lots of them!!!! You also have to queue for a drink. Why on earth they don’t have a self service option for soft drinks and water throughout the hotel is beyond me. This gets really frustrating during the day. There is also the beach bar which is quite nice for lunch. Pasta, burgers. Etc.
Dinner- first night you arrive, Tip a waiter and ask to reserve a table. Only way you will get a clean one at night and it’s the only way you will get a drink with your meal. Tables do not get turned fast enough and more staff are needed for the volume of guests. This was the topic of conversation at the pool during the day. Very disappointed.
There is plenty of food which is ok. It is buffet style so my expectations are never very high. You will find something you’ll like once you navigate through the queues. Yes more queues.
All drinks are local rubbish. Premium ones are available but at an extra cost.
My honest opinion, the level of service, and standard of food and drink is nowhere close to 5 star so please don’t expect this as you will be disappointed.
There are 5 a la carte restaurants which are very nice but cost between 10 & 20 euros extra per person to use.
In summary.... this is a very good 4 star hotel. The people who rate hotels really have to consider the level of service as well as the amenities that are available. If you can get a good deal I think you won’t be disappointed. This will be the last time I choose a large, all inclusive hotel. I want to enjoy my dinner, I would like a nice beer at lunch so I will try somewhere else next time.

6  Thank Scott C

Dear Guest ,

Thank you for sharing your review with us on Tripadvisor. It is important for us to know your opinion and impression. .
We respect and are grateful for each review and each opinion, because your feedback helps us to develop our concept.
We were very glad to know, that there were things you enjoyed at our hotel and hope to see you
here again one day.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

for me everything was perfect ,exept food sector
I think the food was the same every day in every sector,
there were no options for infants 0 to 12 months
even the people waiting with me to pick up an ice cream or lunch at the pool bar was eager for up to 30 minutes.
the reason was the lack of staff

Date of stay: May 2018