4 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$236
Hotels.comUS$236
PricelineUS$236
eDreamsUS$236
Agoda.comUS$236
Orbitz.comUS$236
1,808 results
All reviews juice bar farm to table sunset room cloud forest costa rica micro brewery main building yoga classes farm tour beautiful hotel hot tub happy hour nicoya peninsula amazing views superior room our honeymoon hotel restaurant
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 March 2021

Stayed for three nights and I couldn't imagine a better scenario for a visit to Monteverde. Every aspect of our stay was excellent (well, the bed was a bit hard but that is a personal preference and not a reflection of quality). From the moment we checked in, the staff took excellent care of us, even recommending other dining establishments that were phenomenal (like so many Ticos, they spoke excellent English so no worries if your Spanish is limited or non-existent). Every meal we had (two breakfasts, two lunches, and one dinner) were delicious, imaginative/creative, and tied in to Costa Rica. Additionally, they had an excellent, varied, and well-priced wine list. And the view from our room was UNBELIEVABLE (Room 30 in a Peninsula Superior room) and WELL worth the extra cost. Be sure to have your curtains closed during the day, though, as the sun beams STRAIGHT in during the late afternoon and it was a bit hot the one time when we were back at the hotel relaxing and enjoying our balcony.

We also did three of the hotel's "Experiences" - the night walk at their private preserve, the Farm-to-Table experience, and the Garden-To-Glass cocktail lesson. All were excellent and we were very happy to have done all of them (the Farm-to-Table tour showed the full length that the hotel goes to with being as self-sustaining as possible, including recycling 1.5 TONS of leftover food refuse each month! The Farm-To-Table is a bit on the pricey side but the meal at the end made it worthwhile.

HEARTILY recommend the Belmar ... they will be the first property we check on our next visit!

Room tip: Try to stretch your budget as far as possible ... the view is worth the cost!
Date of stay: March 2021
1  Thank Jonathan S
Reviewed 25 March 2021 via mobile

We just returned from Costa Rica and Hotel Belmar where we started our vacation. It was the first time traveling in over a year and we were very worried but felt at ease the moment we arrived at Hotel Belmar. Before you check-in to the hotel, you are required to wash your hands in the sink placed in the lobby, and to wear a mask when indoors. We found these sinks were installed everywhere we went - restaurants, hotels, shops - in order to prevent Covid spread and everyone who lived and worked in Costa Rica was wearing a mask as required.

Our room was so comfortable, clean and bright and we had the most incredible view of the sunset. The shower was great and the beds super comfortable- we all slept well. Dinner in the restaurant was delicious but the menu selection didn’t have enough for our kids so we only ate there one night but breakfast on the terrace was our favorite part of the day. Everything was perfection. The fresh fruit and juices, avocado toast, French toast, and even the chia pudding was delicious.

We also booked a tour at their sustainable, organic farm - Finca Madre Tierra, which was a highlight of our entire trip. It was educational but in a fun and interesting way. The kids milked cows and fed baby cows with bottles, rode a donkey, learned how to make cheese, tasted sugar cane right after it was cut then made “aqua dolce” by crushing it, learned about compost and worms, held chickens, ground fresh coffee beans freshly picked and went on the most epic ride on horse back.

The farm is carbon neutral and it was great for my kids to learn what this means and how to achieve it- ie, to see what is possible. Diego gave us a great tour. It was a memorable experience and my kids (10 & 14) still say it was one of their favorite things they did in Costa Rica.

We also booked zip-lining and Hanging Bridges at Selvatura which was incredible and a nature tours in Curi-Cancha where we saw three quetzals! Monteverde and Hotel Belmar are both very special places. The people are so warm and friendly.

One thing we didn’t realize was that the jacuzzi was closed due to covid (which really disappointed my kids) but we understood and they ended up swimming in the pond which was even better. We were so busy there wasn’t much time for swimming. The only thing I wished I had was more time as we didn’t have time to go to the microbrewery - but it’s always good to leave something for next time.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank dv8travel
Reviewed 6 March 2021

We stayed for 2 nights, my husband and I and our 2 teenagers. The only flaw in the experience was that our stay was too short. The hotel and and the grounds are incredibly peaceful and lovely. The rooms are beautiful, impeccably clean and well furnished. When lying in bed at night I could look through the window and see the sky full of stars, incredible. I ate the best food I had in all of Costa Rica, which is a country where you can eat really well, deserving of a Michelin star. Wine was so good we finished the bottle - normally we stop after 2 glasses maximum, We had a zip line and suspended bridge excursion planned but I decided to stay put and replenish my batteries, enjoyed the garden had a swim in the lake, There are many excursions organised by the hotel which I would have tried had I time. Covid measures perfectly followed by guests and staff. I am allergic to onions, garlic and all herbs in that family, the chef made me a special sauce with tomatoes and carrots and simply delicious seasoning, a dream. Orange cake and chocolate and coffee dessert to die for. Banana bread French toast that make you believe you died and gone to heaven. Jacuzzi available by reservation shared only with your "bubble". Great beds - actually better than the ones I have at home. Excellent WiFi. Raw Botanicals shower gel and shampoo. And all pervasive, the peace and beauty, inside and out. Go!

Room tip: Room facing the garden and the volcano on the first floor - amazing view, super comfortable.
Date of stay: February 2021
Reviewed 5 March 2021 via mobile

We couldn't have chosen a better hotel in Monteverde. Our experience has been amazing! In addition to being a completely beautiful and unique family hotel, this establishment is sustainable, they have 2 gardens and a farm from which they take their products to create quite delicious dishes while trying to have the smallest possible environmental footprint.
The restaurant Celajes is truly the best restaurant in Monteverde, we tried a few good rated restaurants in the city and this one wins the number one place!
We also chose 2 experiences with them: the private dinner room and the treetop lunch with Savia. It was one of our favorite moments during our trip to Costa Rica!

Follow us on Instagram: @laptopvagabonds

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2021

I stayed at Hotel Belmar over New year 2020/21. I loved my room, the balcony, the bathroom, and the facilities, the grounds, and the views from the restaurant and my room were really amazing. The breakfasts were thorough and tasty, (the Ranchero won 'best breakfast' in my personal Costa Rica awards). However, despite comfortable beds, and sheets, my room was positioned under the restaurant, so I did not get a lot of good quality sleep here, particularly not on New Year's eve. My other criticism is that the menu at the (expensive) restaurant really does not have a lot of vegetarian options, particularly not for me who also doesn't eat gluten. While the one meal I had here was nice (a veggie curry), I had to ask for additional beans so that it had some protein in. It's a shame, because the quality of the food was good. But I do think that if you are vegetarian, you might be better served eating in the local restaurants.

Room tip: avoid rooms underneath the restaurant if you can afford to
Date of stay: December 2020