5 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$259
Hotels.comUS$259
Expedia.comUS$259
eDreamsUS$259
Orbitz.comUS$259
TravelocityUS$259
CheapTicketsUS$259
1,798 results
All reviews juice bar farm to table sunset room cloud forest costa rica micro brewery main building yoga classes farm tour beautiful hotel hot tub the pacific ocean top floor happy hour nicoya peninsula amazing views superior room
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 October 2020

Probably the best hotel experience I have had in my life:
The entire hotel facilities are great, the room was beautiful, the service was amazing (feel like a family with excellent hospitality and great service everywhere, all with a smile all the time), the location, the views from the room and around the hotel were just perfect (my wife and I stayed in a "sunrise room" where we could see the sunrise AND the sunset -to the Golfo de Nicoya-, from the inside and outside in a very spacious balcony, with the forest in front of us and many trees very close that helped birdwatching all day long).

Very quite and peaceful place, great for resting, but also to make your plans in Monteverde, even with some good packages offered by the hotel.

The food was Delicious! We tried almost all the options from the menu (from breakfast, lunch and dinner, as we stayed 10 days) and loved them all. They use a lot of local products on their food, even from their own farm; you can truly see with your own eyes the "from the farm to the table".

We even had to leave the hotel for a night in the middle of our trip due to a family situation, and they extended our stay for a night to recover what we had lost for free. They were very nice with us and my wife, we really appreciate your support and details.

Date of stay: October 2020
2  Thank jealj2019
Reviewed 7 September 2020

I recently spent a long weekend here and loved it - I was in the main building, and my room had a lovely balcony with a view of the lake and trees. I ate all my meals at the restaurant because it was that good - and spend the afternoons reading and drinking beautiful herbal tea sitting at their bar. The staff was friendly, the room pretty and clean and the spaces generous. I used the jacuzzi one night and it was also great - enclosed in a glass structure in the middle of the garden area. On the day I left there was a little market at the juice bar - where I got some of the fresh organic grees and jams that I'd enjoyed during my stay to take home with me. I took a tour with Savia (the hotel's cloud forest adventure branch) and it was the highlight of my stay, I got to explore a massive tree at all different levels, thrilling (because of being so high up) and also moving to understand the value of Monteverde's biodiversity. last thing, everyone at the hotel (staff and guests) were very observant of Covid19 safety guidelines so I was able to relax and enjoy safely.

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 5 August 2020

Excelente hotel. Hermosa ubicación, bellas habitaciones, comida excelente y magnífico trato del personal - Excellent hotel. Beautiful location, lovely rooms, excellent food and magnificent treatment of the staff.

Date of stay: August 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 3 August 2020 via mobile

When I visited the Instagram profile as per an image and comment from the Hotel “Nicoya” suite was with full view but when we arrived the story was another. The trees were converging most of the view and the room was at 1st floor. We requested a room change and they denied, the manager at front desk was not polite and didn’t offer anything to resolve our problem or at least tried to change the bad experience, he just offered cutting the trees (which not, its nature). The hotel is without a security guard so anyone can entrance and exit from the hotel without control. If you want a good view you must request the 2nd floor or penthouse. The room was with a great size and with the jacuzzi outside. (What we paid for) We didn’t take any tours, neither eat at the restaurant due to the bad experience.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank alonsochavesc
Pedro Belmar, Owner at Hotel Belmar, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2020

Dear Alonsochavesc,

Thank you for your visit and for your comments. We take our guests' comments very seriously and use them as opportunities for improvements.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the size of your suite and the jacuzzi in the balcony.  Our Nicoya Suites are in a three story building up above the main building in the highest part of the property. Each one is very particular but they ALL have wonderful views of the Nicoya peninsula. On the first floor (which is high above the ground), the balcony is inches away from the trees, so parts of the terrace feel cozily tucked away in the forest (many guests have commented on how much they love this feeling), but on the other side of the terrace, you can see full views of the Nicoya Peninsula. As you say the second story has a view of the Peninsula on all sides of the terrace, but it does not have the feeling of immersion in the forest. These two are in the same category, since we consider them both to have premium views with slightly different characteristics, neither of which are inferior. The third story is our Penthouse Suite and it is a different category (not the one you booked), since it has vaulted ceilings and other different characteristics. We are sorry that you would have preferred the second floor, but as I say, it is not more 'premium'. They are both in a privileged part of our property very high above the other buildings, with expansive views of the peninsula. When you commented with our manager, all other suites were occupied and it was not possible to move you. They offered to trim some branches (not cut down trees); we exist to protect the forest in Monteverde and I assure you that we would never offer to cut down trees for guests' comfort.
Lastly, the hotel has TWO night guards active all night long. They walk through all parts of the property constantly and are directed not to allow non-guests into any part of the property after closing time. During opening hours, visitors can dine at the restaurant or visit our juice bar and shop. Im not sure what information you base yourself on to assume we have no night guards.
We hope to have you visit again and will do our best to provide the best experience for you. Do mention that you prefer the second story or the penthouse and we will accommodate your preferences whenever possible.
Thank you again for your visit.

Reviewed 16 May 2020 via mobile

We stayed here for my 30th birthday. Very spacious room with balcony looking out over the forest. We would often see stunning rainbows! We enjoyed cocktails and one breakfast at the hotel bar restaurant on the balcony with beautiful views. Only downsides were it was a trek to get to the town so taxis definitely needed! Also food and drinks were very expensive.

Date of stay: February 2020