All reviews european quarter the owner sleep brussels breakfast
Reviewed 2 February 2013

I really liked my stay in this small but newly redocorated B&B. My room was pretty spacious and clean, with large windows, low level of noise, and free wi-fi. The staff is very nice and friendly. B&B is perfectly located, just about 8min walk from Schuman metro/bus stop. I hope I will have another opportunity to visit Brussels and stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank BoneyS74
Reviewed 14 December 2012

I stayed in this small B & B in Brussels last week, for 3 days. I found it excellent - good location within easy reach of the European Quarter, but on a small residential street, so no noise of traffic etc. The proprieter, Mr Scholtus, was very welcoming, and even arranged to meet with us at a time of our choosing in order to check in. We found the breakfasts very good, and the rooms comfortable. The "minimalist" architecture, with timber floors and sleek lines, was refreshing. The wi-fi was free, and one could adjust the heating/air conditioning (which was just as well, as there was snow outside one of the days we were there!)

On the last day of our stay, we had to leave early, and despite this time being almost 2 hours before breakfast was due to begin (it was a Sunday), he had left us fresh croissants and jam, plus tea/coffee, in the breakfast room. This kind of service and attention to detail is not what one expects from this city, with its impersonal hotels. If I return on another business trip to Brussel, I will certainly be back!

Room Tip: go for rooms in the main building, rather than in the garden annexe
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank PFPJ
Reviewed 14 December 2012

We have just arrived from a 3 day stay in Brussels in B&B A Côté du Cinquantenaire.
We truly recommend this B&B either for a business travel or for holidays.
It's very clean, the environment is calm, the breakfast is very good, and has a good location near the metro and the airport bus/shuttle.
The host is very attentive, nice and gives good tips for visiting the city.
The rooms are comfortable and with a minimalist decoration but with little details that make the difference.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank mjcarmona
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Stayed in the hotel during my work-related trip to Brussels. Loved it. The location is terrific for those coming EU institutions (takes 10 minutes to get to the Parliament or the Commission), it is around the corner to the park- for those who want to go for a run or have a nice walk in the evening. Metro is not far. The owner is very welcoming and the breakfast is really filling :) for this price it must have been the best quality/price place I have stayed in while in Brussels.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Bruzhania
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Positives: very nice, welcoming and helpful owner; in walking distance to EU buildings; well reacheable by bus No.12 from the airport to Schuman stop, then about 10 minutes walk through the Parc du Cinquantenaire; clean streets; looks like newly furnished; simple rooms, but nothing important missing (with chocolate, notebook and pencil and big mirror in the wardrobe); garden with couple tables and chairs, where you can smoke; in the "breakfast room" a coffee/tea machine and some guide books or maps at disposal; great breakfast.

Negatives: like any other B&B it doesn't have the 24 hours reception, so you have to tell the host when approximately you'll be arriving (please don't panic, if you stand in front of the B&B, ring and nobody comes - it could mean that the "ringing line" is occupied because is somehow connected to the phone, when you press the ringbutton and hear sound like dialling a phone, you are on the right track!:). My only objection to this B&B would be, that it probably has very thin walls (I heard a lot of television and bathroom sounds, which is not that horrible, it's like at my home:) but I really didn't get the "furniture-moving-sounds" on the floor above me at 21:00, which continued to 1:30..

Room Tip: I would recommend rooms overlooking the garden.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business