“Very good service & food.”
Review of Stirwen

Stirwen
Reserve with
Stirwen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 66 Restaurants in Etterbeek
Price range: US$35 - US$98
Cuisines: Belgian, European, French, Gastropub
Good for: Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Stirwen! To cook, to host, to satisfy...Our principle is based on our passion for gastronomy. In Brussels, at the heart of the Jourdan area, in the shadow of the European institutions, the Stirwen restaurant is a place in which well-eating rings as a gentle melody. Such is our philosophy: regional and seasonal cuisine, respectful of the product, portioned generously, a bond between tradition and inventiveness. A cuisine right in its time, right in its place. Refined in professional chic, you will find yourself in a comfortable and elegant decor. The restaurant lends itself to any opportunity, from the business lunch to the long table. For your function, professional or private events, we provide you with a private dining room upstairs.
Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

Very happy about the food and excellent service, attentive as if they were mind readers. Lekker food, tasty & delicate. Merci

Reviewed 8 October 2017

We have been for Dinner with a group of ten persons after an EU meeting - and I have to say: It was a nightmare. Never again, with such a grouchy service and overprized food. We needed bread, bread, bread, because between starter and main course we had to wait over 1,5 hours. The service was unprofessional - no drinks recommende, cutlery wrongly laid out, my oysters without jus, a colleague had a cheese plater and received two knifes to eat, another colleague was barked at to share her codiments fwith others, and so on, so on, so on. In one word: a nightmarish experience for guests from across Europe in a total overrated restaurant. As a Brussels resident who guides guests since more than 15 years and with a knowledge of many, many offices and representations in town, I will have to pass this experience over to warn my colleagues. Sorry, but it was meant to be a pleasant evening, it turned out a deep disapointment. Never, never again. This I have written to the restaurant already in an internal rating which they have sent to me one day after our dinner. Nothing to add.

7  Thank sylviasP2768CB
FX-Lambory, Propriétaire at Stirwen, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

généralement, je ne réponds pas à ce genre d'ineptie, mais là...
generally, I do not answer this kind of ineptitude, but there ...

What? Are you kidding me?
I think there is a misunderstanding: YOU were a nightmare!!! a rude and impolite client (even the persons at your table apologized for your behavior! )
when I think I have to refuse customers for an embittered and disagreeable person like you... Go away and never come back again..

first of all : except you, the rest of the tables have had a pleasant evening.. despite the fact that you almost missed them with your unpleasant behavior..
I thing you had to go to a pizzeria (and I really respect the pizzerie!) or rather to a fastfood and eat some fries! In fact, that's exactly what you wanted!
We asked you to choose a menu or limited choices... you've choosen severals starters, severals mains... some just take mains, others just starters, just one drink per person... It looked liked a command of ten students in a pizzeria
have you ever been in a real gastronomical restaurant!!!
I don't have frozen things that I just have to put in a MW to warm it... helloooooww.. I'm using only fresh ingrédients and "à la minute" préparation... and you weren't alone in my restaurant... so it takes time
hellooooooww! Maybe it was the first time you had an organic saddle of lamb, so I'll learn you something : good food takes time! If you don't accept it, go to McDo! (and I think I've been in more gastronomical restaurants that you'll never frequent!! ) because: a group of ten persons, with severals many different dishes and restriction, in a small but fully booked restaurant.. 1h20 for having a main... that's just normal (I'm writing it to be sure that others restaurateurs understand me about this point).
about your points:
- You've had shallot juice with your Oyster (oooh..poor, you had to wait 15 seconds)
- you just wanted one drink and never asked any question about the wine... (we have a winelist with 230 references, 20 différents wine per glass.. hellowwww!)
- someone received 2 knifes... I hope he is recovered from his emotion

infact, you are just insulting

come spitting your venom on tripadvisor is your image ... poor, poor person!

never come back in my restaurant!
ne revenez plus jamais dans mon restaurant!
Nothing to add...

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

Perfect business dinner. Well priced, super service and outstanding food, to a nice price. Highly recommended !

Reviewed 10 March 2017

It was 20+ years that I discussed my first expat job in this restaurant. Now back for a short stay in Brussels, I decided to return and try it again. Stirwen met my highest expectation!!
We got a table for 2 without reservation (but it was a cold Friday evening in January!) and the service from the start was superb and careful. We decided to have fish for appetizer and main course with white wine from the Rhone Valley. The fish was fresh and superb. The preparation of each dish was inventive and beautiful. We took our time to enjoy dessert and coffee, including mignardises. Great job!!

Reviewed 13 January 2017 via mobile

The restaurant was suggested by the Concierge of the Sofitel hôtel, just in the voisinages. We were very nicely received by the young & proosperous team of collaborators in the sevice.

I am a difficult client, rather siad, à demanding one!

I was enchanted by the way and quality of Food, and most of all...sélection of wines.

And all this wit rather acceptable prices, we spent € 350, for foie gras, bobster and srea bass, cheese and désert with 20 year old Porto...

I will certainly return, and would like my to recommand this place for the people who appriciate quality and life-style of good values.

Bon week-end.