See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

Really enjoyed the stay at Sinclairs Bondi. Otto was very helpful for my late check-in and pointed me to the nearest (best) Thai restaurant...I had a great stay and enjoyed the banter with Otto and Robby their humour...and their advice was priceless!! The beach was a healthy distance but I really did enjoy the walk there and back...and the surf was good with a really cool friendly vibe in the water. Heaps of interesting stores and restaurants up and down Bondi Rd.
Would recommend...great furnishings, clean, neat and tidy!
I have rebooked in early Feb 2017!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

I love this small guesthouse! It's in a quiet area, but only a few minutes walk to restaurants. 15/20 minutes walk to Bondi beach and Tamarama beach. Esay to reach down town Sydney by bus.
Nice clean rooms, breakfast is simple but ok.

Stayed: October 2016
sinclairs8, Manager at Sinclairs Bondi, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2016

Reviewed 25 September 2016

Sinclairs has had a bed bug problem at least once before (see reviews from Oct. 2012 - unless they've been deleted). To be fair, bed bugs can be a problem at any kind of accommodation. However, the way both the manager and owner at Sinclairs dealt with the bed bugs I found in my room when I stayed there last month (Aug. 2016) was incompetent, unprofessional, illogical and even quite shocking. This included:
- the owner accusing me for bringing the bed bugs with me! This was despite the fact that I had come directly from my (definitely bug-free) family home (and not a different hostel/hotel), and that I had been bitten from neck to feet on my first night (indicating a major infestation that had to have been there at least several days before I arrived)
- the management conducting an unannounced search of our room while we were out
- the owner spraying poisonous insecticides in our room without first asking us to remove our belongings (including clothes, bedclothes, bottles of water and snacks)
- a multiple-day delay in offering us a different room
- the manager initially offering only ME a different room as he thought my roommate (whose bed was quite close to mine) hadn't yet been bitten
- the manager treating us rudely for the rest of our stay

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank Elinor-wood
sinclairs8, Manager at Sinclairs Bondi, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2016

I am sorry that you had this experience but from time to time this thinks happened, the reason that we asked you where you came from is to find out it you had it in your luggage. We did ask you if we can spray the room and you said that we can do it while you are out and the next day we gave you another room.
We did act on this immediately.

Reviewed 20 July 2016

I went with my 16 year old son to Australia and we were traveling on a budget. We loved the Sinclairs! We got a room on the top floor with a private bathroom. It had a nice view and you could make tea or coffee every morning. Otto was a wonderful person who gave us a lot of very useful information about Bondi, Sydney, and Australia in general.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank mjms1
Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

Sinclair apartments are affordable, a short distance from the bondi beach , closer to frequent buses , nearer to shops and 30 minutes from Sydney international airport. A range of family room accommodation with ensuites make the stay comfortable.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family