“Friendly”
Review of Sinclairs Bondi

Sinclairs Bondi
Ranked #8 of 16 Speciality Lodging in Bondi
Reviewed 16 March 2015

This is my second time that I stayed at Sinclairs Bondi and enjoyed more than the first time, friendly clean and comfortable, management and staff very helpful , I was made fill welcome, free Wi-Fi, and breakfast included

Room Tip: Good location near beach and shopping centre
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo

Reviewed 10 March 2015

First of all, when I arrived there was no body who would open the door, I was waiting in the Porsche for an hour until someone finally opened. I booked for a private room with private bathroom, and they told me that it was all booked so the only option was to share bathroom, and I had to pay extra for the single room as well. One day they stole my iPhone and a week later somebody came into my room and stole my watch while I was taking a shower. I was planning to stay for 1 month, but because all of the inconveniences I decided to leave one week earlier. I notified the manager about my iPhone and watch and he was very mean and rude. I will never recommend it. The pictures that are shown in their website are not even closer to reality. Is very old, dirty and not comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank Yazmín R
sinclairs8, Manager at Sinclairs Bondi, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2015

I am sorry that you felt that way, you checked in 2 hours earlier that what you told us originally, and when the manager spoke to you he told you that the room that we booked for you had a problem with the Plumbing and we could not get it fix quick enough, and you happy to take another room.

Reviewed 25 February 2015

3 words: The Famous Otto. He's the host extraordinaire who will check you in, give you a ton of great recommendations, good directions bout town and is hosting a "Pasta Night" tonight, which we'll miss because we just checked out today. He's the guy that will get you a $20/pp shuttle to the airport (versus a $55-$100 taxi fare).
The hotel is newly renovated and absolutely adorable. Our room had huge windows with white wood slats and a white ceiling fan. It totally reminded me of the Bahamas. The bed was totally comfy and you didn't have to ask for an extra blanket, because a large plush one was already awaiting us. So we're 2 large plush towels each.
Breakfast each morning ends at 10, so there's a reason to get up and at 'me. It includes coffee, juice, fruit, toast, cereals and sweets. It's included in the very reasonable room price.
The walk to the beach is about a 1/2 mile, but it's downhill all the way (yes, and uphill all the way back - which is good for burning off the beers and food you will buy down on Bondi beach).
You can also walks to Tamarama Beach and Bronte beach in the same time. All are fantastic.
The Famous Otto advised we buy bus tickets and go to Manly beach after we went to the Tarango zoo. Good advice, because it's beautiful and our ferry ticket lasted 24 hours.
There are a ton of shops, bars, restaurants, cafes and grocery stores within blocks.
I was most pleased about how quiet it got at night (no nightclub below like our hotel in Auckland) and how much hot water we always had. The Famous Otto also promised the tap water was fantastic and to not waste money on bottled water. He was right.
Our stay was a blast and I would highly recommend this hotel and it's "pretty" host to anyone who's got champagne taste on a beer budget.

Room Tip: Well, we asked for 2 beds and got 2 queen beds on the top floor.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 January 2015

This place gets one dot rating as it was purely a place to "sleep". I was surprised that "staff" consisted of one old guy - whom looks like living there and managing the place. No reception area - I was notified to come before 11pm as staff would not be working past that time but was surprised to see no reception area and no group of staff just the old guy I mentioned before. I stayed in the Paul St house, old villa in the front room with a girl from Europe studying English. Just that the website depicts something totally different to what is actually photoed on there. Plus there were changes and unorganised moves from managment end. Was going to be staying in the Bennett St accommodation and then that was changed.

I think there were a lot of Spanish/Italian/Portuguese(Brazillian) young travellers staying there so the noise level was unbelievable, only stayed for 2 nights. At 10pm the first night some smart person decided to vaccume on the top floor and walk around the place with sound of thuds from their walking. (!) This lasted untill 1am. The second night my room mate chicky came back from a night out with friends and started snoring like a seasoned old man - Never heared anyone, let alone a girl snor that loud! So sleep quality for me is was 0. Basically every sound is hearable in the villa, especially as people come in and out the front door and slam it shut.

It's a budget style hostel - its a villa with a building out the back with more rooms. Toilets and showers are outside. Kitchen and dining area for breakfast in the villa and breakfast is toast, cerial, coffee, tea, nothin' special. The price was 40$ a night, plus didnt get charged the correct amount but it was a small amount, just glad I was leaving.

This place is good only for the 18 to mid-20's. Lots of restaurants around and a short walk to Bondi Junction Westfield and Grafton Street where u can catch the train to the city and harbour.

Room Tip: If your young and don't mind not sleeping until 2am any room is great.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank NickaCZ
sinclairs8, Manager at Sinclairs Bondi, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2015

Dear NickaCZ

Thanks for your review. Please note when you made the original enquiry - there were only Twin Share Facility rooms available. This was offered to you & it was entirely your choice to continue with this accommodation type. Sinclairs offer Double, Single and Family rooms both Private & Share Facility options.

Our property is serviced 7 days where cleaners work until no later than 2pm daily. Thereafter vacuums are locked away for our housekeeping teams.

It is unfortunate your room mate was snoring however this is outside of our control.

Our Manager is hospitable and welcoming and ensures that our guests are well looked after.

Sinclairs Bondi is not a hostel - we are a bed and breakfast. We are not a backpackers - at times there are students learning English at our accommodation.

Happy Travels. Sinclairs Management

Reviewed 30 November 2014

I was in Sydney for five days and wanted something other than an impersonal chain hotel, so after careful consideration I chose to stay at Sinclairs, 27 Paul street, near Bondi junction.

I was skeptical at first because of some negative comments on trip adviser but found them not to be true.

The reason for staying at this hotel was because I could free up some much needed spending money to do all the tourist stuff! It worked perfectly!

So I got to the house and was warmly welcomed by the manager who kindly gave me a tour of the property and then offered me a cup of tea, a much needed cuppa after a 30 hour flight!

I forget my shower gel so the gentleman kindly gave me some soap. The room was clean and tidy, as were the washroom facilities.

Breakfast was provided. I didn't make it to breakfast everyday, but when I did I found it to be pleasant and it was good to sit with other people on their travels.

I fell in love with Sydney and when I next return I will be definitely stay here and I have no hesitation in recommending this place to others. Although if you expect five star
accommodation you might want to look elsewhere, but who actually needs five star accommodation? You need somewhere warm, dry, safe and friendly. You'll certainly find it here! The location is perfect and well connected to the city, the beach is a short bus ride away. The great thing about Sydney is the bus and rail network, you can get around with great ease and no pay very much.

Whenever I asked about things to see and do or how to get somewhere the manager helped me.

They have free wifi which worked very well all of the time.

The only problem I had with Sinclairs is that I had to leave.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo