“All around good vibe”
Review of Bondi Backpackers

Bondi Backpackers
Ranked #1 of 16 Speciality Lodging in Bondi
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This was my first time staying at a hostel, and I was pleased with Bondi Backpackers. Having now stayed at a few others, this one is definitely up there. I travelled solo and I thought there was a good mix of friendly people of all ages. Their activities such as yoga, a bbq and wine and cheese night make it easy to meet people. The location can't be beat. It's close to lots of good restaurants and a grocery store nearby. The rooms and bathrooms were kept clean. I could have used a A/C unit, but it was manageable with the windows open and fan on. There was a bar downstairs that stayed noisy until about midnight, but it was the type of noise that is muffled so easy to ignore. Lockers were new and big enough. Beds were decent comfort. Wifi connection was strong and free. The travel desk downstairs books good excursions (highly recommend figure 8 pool). They rent out/hire surf boards for free which is super nice! Take the transfer shuttle from the airport for $20.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
WakeUpTeam, Manager at Bondi Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi there,

Thanks for taking a moment to leave us your feedback and for your perfect rating. I am so stoked you had such an awesome experience with us. I will certainly pass on all your kind words to all the staff here who work extremely hard to ensure all our guests have the best possible experience. I believe there is no better way to start the day than rooftop yoga or PT on the beach.

I will let the Travel desk team know how grateful you were for their efforts.

Thanks again.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

The hostel is perfectly situated for the summer (right on Bondi Beach) and you can easily get a bus into the city or up to Bondi Junction from just across the road. The only downside was the lack of AC throughout the hostel which meant it was really hot at night. The bathrooms could do with some TLC but overall the stay here was really good and I would reccommend.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
WakeUpTeam, Manager at Bondi Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Hi Charlotte S,

Thanks for taking a moment to leave us your rating and your feedback. It does sound overall you had a great experience with us. We are very lucky with our location right on the famous Bondi Beach and meters away from transport to Bondi Junction and the CBD. Australia does get very hot in the summer time, however we do have fans and windows in all of our rooms to help combat this. Thanks for your feedback in regards to the bathrooms this is something we are certainly looking at improving.

Thanks again.

Reviewed 30 December 2017

Checked into this hostel for 6 days, loved it so much I extended my stay for 2 weeks. Aussie Jamie moved heaven and earth to let me stay for longer, creating a strategic plan of room moves so I could stay longer, he was also super helpful with local info. Other staff were so friendly, especially Scottish Jamie + Andy who helped me when my conditioner fell out the bathroom window, where most staff members at a hostel would probably not bother. The rest of the hostel was really good, kitchen was a good size and had lots of room in fridges for food etc, the extra activities in the mornings and daily events makes it so helpful to meet people, and made the slighter more expensive cost worth it.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
WakeUpTeam, General Manager at Bondi Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Hi there,

Thanks for taking a moment to leave us your feedback and for your perfect rating. I am so stoked you had such a great experience with us. I will let all the staff know how much you appreciated their efforts. We put lots of effort into our daily activities so that all our guests can make the most out of their Bondi experience.

Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

I came here straight off the plane, jet lagged and disoriented. And this hostel gave me a comfurtable and safe home base. It is pretty clean (bathrooms included) and the decorations/vibe is cool. Staff is helpful and friendly and make sure the space stays safe by watching to make sure it’s only paying guests in the building. It is a party hostel due to its location, but that means people aren’t getting wasted at the hostel but go out which is nice if you want a calm evening. Events, activities, friends, and help are all at your finger tips here. I would absolutely come here again!

Stayed: December 2017
WakeUpTeam, Manager at Bondi Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2017

Hi there,

Thanks for taking a moment to leave us your feedback and your rating. I am glad overall you had such a great experience with us. All my staff across all the departments work incredibly hard to create a unique experience for all of our guests. We have a great activities schedule on both in the day time and the night time so our guests can make the most out of their Bondi experience.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

My stay at Bondi Backpackers could not have gone any better! I made great friends, minus the long stay girl who got up at 5 AM and went to bed at 8 PM. PARTY POOPER! We were a fun room! They keep the hostel super clean. The staff is so friendly. The atmosphere is great. The views are awesome! Yoga on the roof was chill. 10/10 loved my stay here.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
WakeUpTeam, Manager at Bondi Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Hi Brooke,

Thanks for taking a moment to leave us your feedback and for your awesome rating. I am stoked you had a great time with us. My housekeeping team work very hard to ensure our high Bondi backpackers standards are constantly met so they will be thrilled with your feedback. Our roof top yoga is a great way to start the day and along with the other activities is a great way to meet backpackers from the world over.

Many thanks for your review.

Management

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bondi
Adina Apartment Hotel Bondi Beach Sydney
Bounce Sydney
#3 of 150 in Sydney
Bondi Beachouse YHA
#12 of 16 in Bondi

Been to Bondi Backpackers? Share your experiences!