All reviews facilities are great rooftop bbq free goon travel desk personal training bbq night free surfboard common areas brilliant location every morning enjoyed my stay beach view across the road two nights hostel australia dorm
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

My stay at Bondi Backpackers could not have gone any better! I made great friends, minus the long stay girl who got up at 5 AM and went to bed at 8 PM. PARTY POOPER! We were a fun room! They keep the hostel super clean. The staff is so friendly. The atmosphere is great. The views are awesome! Yoga on the roof was chill. 10/10 loved my stay here.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
WakeUpTeam, Manager at Bondi Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Hi Brooke,

Thanks for taking a moment to leave us your feedback and for your awesome rating. I am stoked you had a great time with us. My housekeeping team work very hard to ensure our high Bondi backpackers standards are constantly met so they will be thrilled with your feedback. Our roof top yoga is a great way to start the day and along with the other activities is a great way to meet backpackers from the world over.

Many thanks for your review.

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed in a double room with my friend for two nights. It was a super nice room(for the price) the staff where super helpful letting us store luggage before and after our stay. Cheap BBQ and lots of free activities going on all the time she'll.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

Hi tractorgirl95

Thanks for taking a moment to leave us your feedback and for your perfect rating. I am so glad you had such an awesome experience with us. We have a great activities schedule so our guests can make the most out of their Bondi experience. The Friday night bbq on the roof is a great way to start the weekend. I will let the staff know how impressed you were with their efforts.

Many thanks

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

I first arrived in September and had only planned to stay 4 nights... 6 weeks later and I’m still here! The hostel is brilliant and has amazing atmosphere with daily day/night activities. You can rent surf boards for surfing on Bondis famous beach only meters away or chill on its rooftop over looking it. If you like to keep active the hostel has free yoga/personal training and costal walks on certain days of the week. The rooms are also spacious and very clean! The staff are so friendly and always look out for you. Couldn’t recommend this place enough! Big shout outs to The “Jamie’s” and Tara for always helping us out also!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
WakeUpTeam, Manager at Bondi Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Hi Conor T,

Thanks for taking a moment to leave us your feedback and your perfect rating. I am so stoked you are having such a great stay with us. We are very lucky to have such a great team of staff working with us, they truly make this place what it is. We like to have a full compliment of activities for all our guests to ensure they can make the most out of their Bondi experience.

Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Spent 8 nights there. Really enjoyed every every moment,Staff where extremely friendly. There are plenty of activities to do during the day and night. The social side was one of the best hostels I have seen. I’m a regular when staying in hostels. I would love to return in the future

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
WakeUpTeam, Manager at Bondi Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Hi Daley O,

Thanks for taking a moment to leave us your feedback and for your perfect rating. We are so happy you had such an awesome stay with us here at Bondi Backpackers. All our staff here have a real passion for what they do and love to see all our guests have the best possible experience. We have such an awesome activities schedule which compliments the Bondi lifestyle so I am stoked you got involved.

Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Booked this hostel because i wanted to arrive in Australia and get the full effect of Bondi itself. You will not get better than this location. Waking up every morning and taking a few steps and your on the beach. It is close to all shops and there is loads of computers downstairs which guests can use for free! The only downsides i could really put down for this hostel is that there was stains on my sheets whenever i arrived. As i was super jet lagged, i really couldn’t have even walked downstairs to the reception and climbed into bed regardless but i wasn’t overly happy about this. Also, the private shower on the 3rd floor wasn’t great. Used it to shower one day and just as i stepped in, i noticed algae sitting on top of the water which had gathered at the bottom of the shower. i got out immediately!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
WakeUpTeam, General Manager at Bondi Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Hi Francesca W,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we appreciate all feedback both good and bad and view it as a chance to better our hostel.

We are very lucky with our great location right on the famous Bondi beach, often people head straight for the roof for some free yoga or to take a great photo of the whole of Bondi. I also hope you took advantage of our free surf board hire to get the full Bondi experience.

I must apologise if your stay was anything other than perfect. Our staff here are truly passionate about what they do and I can only wish these issues would have been raised at the time so that we could have fixed them straight away. All linen is thoroughly washed upon departure and re checked by myself once on the made beds. We have a very high standard of cleanliness at this hostel so I will certainly be following this up with the cleaners to ensure the multiple cleans and checks of the bathrooms are being completed to the highest standard.

Thanks again for your feedback.