All reviews personal training free surfboard big tv room free activities bathrooms and showers night activities nightly events amazing atmosphere free goon view overlooking the beach rooftop bbq facilities are great jet lagged travel desk bbq night surf boards free pancakes
Reviewed 2 July 2017

It has the perfect location in Bondi, right across Bondi.
Plenty choices for restaurants, shops & close to bus stop.
The staff also friendly & nice. The place is clean for backpackers place, except for it's toilet at night which can be dirty, probably no stand by staff available & irresponsible guests.
Also there's no gender toilet & shower for dorm, everything is for everyone.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
WakeUpTeam, Manager at Bondi Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Hi Clara F,

Thanks for taking a moment to leave us your feedback and for your great rating. I am so stoked you had such a great stay with us and left with a smile on your face. Thanks for your feedback in regards to the bathrooms, I will certainly be bringing this to the attention of the housekeeping team, we pride ourselves on our cleanliness and have multiple cleans and checks of the bathrooms daily.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

I stayed in a 6 bed dorm. The hostel is quieter than other hostels, but there's still a lot going on; barbecues, wine and cheese nights, pancakes on Sundays, and even exercise sessions if you're that way inclined.

My bed was very comfortable, and the showers were clean and had good pressure. The kitchen was smallish, but the right size for the hostel. I managed to cook a few times, which was something I'd struggled with at other hostels in the area.

The WiFi worked really well, which shouldn't be a surprise but it's rare that WiFi works well in hostels in Sydney for some reason.

The only downside is that if you're on the top bunk it's hard to access plug points. My phone is also my alarm, so I had to charge it before I went to sleep, which is a bit annoying. Other than that, completely recommended. It's really easy to access from all over Sydney as late buses run from the city to stops very near the hostel.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
WakeUpTeam, General Manager at Bondi Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Hi OlderBackpacker,

Thanks for taking a moment to leave us your feedback and for your perfect rating. It certainly sounds like you had an amazing experience with us, I am glad you got amoungst all the great free activities we put on. I certainly love to see all our guests enjoy their time at Bondi. We always want our guests to have the creature comforts which is why we invest in such a good WIFI set up :).

We hope to see you again

Reviewed 19 June 2017

Not only does this hostel have the greatest views from reception & their rooftop, they also have some of the friendliest & most helpful staff I have ever met.
Toilets & showers are cleaned on a daily basis; rooms are spacious, tidy & the beds are comfortable.
Daily activities provided are really good fun & a great way to meet new people if you're travelling solo like me.
Location is fantastic, with buses to the city stopping almost directly outside the hostel & of course a 1 minute stroll down on to the beach.
All in all, I would recommend this hostel to anyone.

Room tip: Best Views, Clean, Great Staff
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
WakeUpTeam, Manager at Bondi Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2017

Hi Paddy C,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your review and for your perfect rating. it certainly sounds like you had a great time with us. I am so glad you got involved in all the great activities we have on as they are a great way to meet people from all over the world whilst making the most of the Bondi atmosphere.

I will certainly be passing on your kind words to all the team here.

Thanks again

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

I'd challenge anyone to find a better hostel in sydney! Waking up to the view of the beach every morning is just amazing! The staff are ledgend's and will do anything they can to help! The hostel is in prime position of bars, shops and anything els you need! By far my favourite hostel yet!!

Trip type: Travelled solo

Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback from your recent stay. I am so glad you had such a nice experience with us and rate us your favorite hostel thus far on your travels. We are certainly very lucky with our great location just meters away from the famous Bondi Beach. All the staff here will be stoked to hear your kind words.

Many thanks

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed with a friend and booked into a six bed Dorn, were upgraded to a two bed for our stay as it wasn't too busy due to winter season and both of us were working. The place is clean, warm and welcoming. The showers are good, warm and with good pressure too. Staff is always available and sort you out in any case. Next to the beach located it's really inviting for a walk or run at the beach. Public transport to cbd is in short walking distance available and gets you into the cbd within about 30 min. Great are the offered activities, eg weekly bbq with after party, workouts, goon and cheese nights or the vivid festival boat tour.

Kitchen is well equipped, even if it's a bit too small when it's fully booked and/or busy. But please get some bigger bowls and cups ;)

Stayed in a couple of hostels in bigger cities and this is ranked in the top 3! You get what you pay for! Great! More than happy to come back when I come to Sydney again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
WakeUpTeam, Manager at Bondi Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2017

Hi Felix K,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your review and for your perfect rating. I am so glad you had such a nice stay with us and rated us in your top 3. I am so lucky to have such an awesome team of people working here, they all have a passion for what they do and love to see our guests have the best possible experience in Sydney. We have put alot of effort into our activities so that our guests can make the most of their Bondi experience.

I will certainly be sharing your feedback with all the staff here as I believe they have all contributed to your awesome experience.

Thanks again for your feedback and see you again soon.