“Best Hostel in Bondi! :)”
Review of Bondi Backpackers

Bondi Backpackers
Ranked #1 of 16 Speciality Lodging in Bondi
Reviewed 3 July 2017

I stayed in a 6 bed dorm for several weeks. The hostel has a great location - situated right by Bondi Beach and the hostel is a bus ride away to the city and bondi junction.

The room itself was spacious, clean and the beds were comfy. They clean the rooms and the hostel daily so is a clean place to stay.

The hostel is pretty quiet so ideal if your working (I was working full time, getting back to the hostel in the early hours of the morning and was ideal) but also there is a lot going on with staff arranging wine and cheese night, barbeques on the rooftop, pancakes morning, costal walks and exercise mornings as well as loads of other activities which are a great way to meet people.

The staff are super friendly and helpful. They come round the rooms and invite you to the daily events if interested, letting you know about local bars etc.

The hostel also has FREE Unlimited Wifi (which you rarely get at hostels) and it actually works really well all over the hostel (a rare occurrence at anywhere else I have stayed.

Overall this hostel is one of the best I have stayed at in Sydney. It has amazing views of Bondi Beach and I would recommend this to anyone coming to Bondi for a visit or for a longer period of time.

Room Tip: There are rooms with beach view looking over Bondi.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
WakeUpTeam, Manager at Bondi Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Hi Lozzasven,

Thanks for your review and for your perfect rating. I am so happy you rated us one of the best hostels in Sydney! I will certainly be sharing this awesome review with all the staff here who i believe contributed to your great stay.

We put alot of effort into our activities schedule to ensure our guests get the most not just out of Bondi Backpackers but the whole of Sydney itself! We know how important internet is for our guests so we invested in the best possible WIFI.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed 2 July 2017

It has the perfect location in Bondi, right across Bondi.
Plenty choices for restaurants, shops & close to bus stop.
The staff also friendly & nice. The place is clean for backpackers place, except for it's toilet at night which can be dirty, probably no stand by staff available & irresponsible guests.
Also there's no gender toilet & shower for dorm, everything is for everyone.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo

Hi Clara F,

Thanks for taking a moment to leave us your feedback and for your great rating. I am so stoked you had such a great stay with us and left with a smile on your face. Thanks for your feedback in regards to the bathrooms, I will certainly be bringing this to the attention of the housekeeping team, we pride ourselves on our cleanliness and have multiple cleans and checks of the bathrooms daily.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

I stayed in a 6 bed dorm. The hostel is quieter than other hostels, but there's still a lot going on; barbecues, wine and cheese nights, pancakes on Sundays, and even exercise sessions if you're that way inclined.

My bed was very comfortable, and the showers were clean and had good pressure. The kitchen was smallish, but the right size for the hostel. I managed to cook a few times, which was something I'd struggled with at other hostels in the area.

The WiFi worked really well, which shouldn't be a surprise but it's rare that WiFi works well in hostels in Sydney for some reason.

The only downside is that if you're on the top bunk it's hard to access plug points. My phone is also my alarm, so I had to charge it before I went to sleep, which is a bit annoying. Other than that, completely recommended. It's really easy to access from all over Sydney as late buses run from the city to stops very near the hostel.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
WakeUpTeam, General Manager at Bondi Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Hi OlderBackpacker,

Thanks for taking a moment to leave us your feedback and for your perfect rating. It certainly sounds like you had an amazing experience with us, I am glad you got amoungst all the great free activities we put on. I certainly love to see all our guests enjoy their time at Bondi. We always want our guests to have the creature comforts which is why we invest in such a good WIFI set up :).

We hope to see you again

Reviewed 19 June 2017

Not only does this hostel have the greatest views from reception & their rooftop, they also have some of the friendliest & most helpful staff I have ever met.
Toilets & showers are cleaned on a daily basis; rooms are spacious, tidy & the beds are comfortable.
Daily activities provided are really good fun & a great way to meet new people if you're travelling solo like me.
Location is fantastic, with buses to the city stopping almost directly outside the hostel & of course a 1 minute stroll down on to the beach.
All in all, I would recommend this hostel to anyone.

Room Tip: Best Views, Clean, Great Staff
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
WakeUpTeam, Manager at Bondi Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2017

Hi Paddy C,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your review and for your perfect rating. it certainly sounds like you had a great time with us. I am so glad you got involved in all the great activities we have on as they are a great way to meet people from all over the world whilst making the most of the Bondi atmosphere.

I will certainly be passing on your kind words to all the team here.

Thanks again

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

I'd challenge anyone to find a better hostel in sydney! Waking up to the view of the beach every morning is just amazing! The staff are ledgend's and will do anything they can to help! The hostel is in prime position of bars, shops and anything els you need! By far my favourite hostel yet!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo

Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback from your recent stay. I am so glad you had such a nice experience with us and rate us your favorite hostel thus far on your travels. We are certainly very lucky with our great location just meters away from the famous Bondi Beach. All the staff here will be stoked to hear your kind words.

Many thanks

Management

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bondi
Adina Apartment Hotel Bondi Beach Sydney
Bounce Sydney
#3 of 150 in Sydney
Bondi Beachouse YHA
#12 of 16 in Bondi

Been to Bondi Backpackers? Share your experiences!