7 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
TravelocityUS$1,178
Vio.comUS$1,178
Expedia.comUS$1,178
Hotels.comUS$1,178
PricelineUS$1,178
Orbitz.comUS$1,178
All reviews sorbet one bedroom suite garden room understated luxury daily specials coral reef half board private beach sandy lane fabulous hotel water sports luxury hotel friendly hotel tides restaurant small hotel hotel grounds the west coast of barbados
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 August 2022

We have just returned last week from 8 nights in Barbados staying at The Sandpiper. Our trip was delayed and moved a number of times over the past 1.5 years but we finally got there and it was very worth the wait! This trip was my gift to my partner for his 50th birthday, and we left the kids at home.

The hotel has 50 odd rooms and has old colonial/boutique style to it. The grounds are green and lush and extremely well kept. The front of the hotel is on the main coast road, but the second you pass the front gate you are in another world.

We only ate in the restaurant twice as we like to go out for dinner and made lots of reservations in advance, but both meals we had were wonderful and id say as good as the meals we were having in places such as lonestar, tides, qp bistro and champers.

Breakfast is also great with plenty of choice, and 6 days out of 8 we had it delivered to our room and we ate in the privacy of our own balcony. There is no tray charge for this, we just tipped well.

The hotel is quiet and peaceful, yet there is still life and things going on. I think the place is ideal for all types of travellers, except maybe anyone looking for loud music day and night! We would definitely bring our children here as they are happy at the beach all day and don’t need entertainment 24/7 to enjoy themselves. However if it’s water slides and entertainment round the pool all day that you want then this is def not the place for you. All the children we encountered were having a lovely time and very well mannered and behaved.

The hotel is located in a great location, close enough to walk to all the amenities of Holetown. Barbados on the whole is very safe compared to other islands, but in Holetown I feel particularly safe.

For me the jewel in the crown is the beach. Crystal clear water with healthy reef just a short distance from the shore with many fish. Bring your snorkel and waterproof case for your phone to take pics! The beach had no stones or shell at all and the shoreline slopes gently so getting in and out the water wasn’t painful on your feet like it can be on some beaches. Possibly one of the nicest all round beaches I’ve ever been to.

We stayed for 4 nights in a 1 bedroom suite and then upgraded to the Sanderling tree top suite for another 4 nights (this was all pre-booked before we arrived). We were allocated suite number 1 on arrival which was ocean front and on the first floor - it was absolutely wonderful! The suites are a great size, and furnished lovely. The balcony is large with a comfy table and chairs and nice loungers. We sat out there many hours listening to the waves crashing at sunrise/sunset. You can not get a 1 bedroom suite closer to the ocean or with a better view. We felt spoilt and wondered how it could be any better when we moved to a treetop.

When we did move to the treetop suite we were simply blown away. Slightly further back from the ocean, but this didn’t matter as views still great, but the suite itself is out of this world! The outside terrace with plunge pool, loungers, dining table and outside bar/kitchen was beyond our expectations. The living room/bedroom/bathroom and dressing room are huge, beautifully furnished and everything has been thought of. It is so private up in the suite, you really are in your own little world.

I’d stay again in the 1 bedroom suites in a heartbeat, but if your budget can stretch to a treetop suite then it’s worth every penny.

The final thing to mention about the Sandpiper is the service! Every single person who works here gives the most amazing level of service I’ve ever encountered. They are all polite, helpful and cannot do enough to make your stay enjoyable.
From the contact we had over email before our trip, to the welcome we received on arrival, to the waiting/bar staff and beach boys, to the reception team who secretly sourced red roses for my partner to give to me……every single person wears a smile and gives you the time/service you need.

The Sandpiper - your staff are a credit to you!

Sometimes when I travel I find the service over the top and false, not here, it’s top level whilst being natural.

I would highly recommend this hotel. For us, it ticked every box and we will most definitely be returning soon. I could go on and on about this place but as you can tell I only have good to say. No negatives at all from us. I’d love to upload more photos but it will only allow me 10, so these are from the sanderling treetop suite.

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank AVM0108
Sales And Marketing, Sales at The Sandpiper, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2022

Thank you for your five star rating and recommendation of The Sandpiper.

We were thrilled to read about your time with us. We appreciate you taking the time to write such an in-depth review of your experience with us. We were delighted to learn that we met all of your expectations, including but not limited to the dining experience, room selections, amenities, and our location.

On behalf of the entire team, we wish to thank you for choosing The Sandpiper, and look forward to welcoming you again when you return!

Reviewed 8 August 2022 via mobile

Just returned from 7 days at the Sandpiper. Truly a wonderful hotel. Service before arrival. Thank you Onita. Service while at the beach. Thank you Raheem. Service at breakfast. Thank you David and Dave. Service at Harold’s. Thank you Janell. All 5 star!!!!!
Room was great. Staff. Could not have been any friendlier.
Only suggestion would be the price of the BBQ on Sundays. Would be nice to do outside and priced less.
Will be back for sure!!!

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Caribbejon

Thank you for your five-star rating!

We are pleased to learn that our team was able to make your holiday an enjoyable one! Thank you for your kind words about your stay, and our facilities. Thank you as well for your feedback about our BBQ night, we will forward your comments to the relevant parties.

It was indeed a joy to have you, and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 20 July 2022 via mobile

Without hesitation I knew I wanted to take my family to The Sandpiper when they were comfortable traveling again. I contacted Harold and he put us up into a beautiful family suite with a full kitchen. Our large balcony overlooked a gorgeous pool and our suite lacked no amenities whatsoever. Due to it also being Father’s Day weekend, Harold and I organized a special surprise for my dad. There were pictures of him with my sister and I at different stages in our life growing up. When my dad walked into the suite he was blown away and speechless by the gesture.
Harold has definitely been the main reason I will continue to visit this property. Sure the beach the sandpiper is on is possibly the best on the west coast, the property is lush and well maintained but the customer service at The Sandpiper is priceless!
Thank you Harold and The Sandpiper team for helping me create beautiful memories with my family that will last a lifetime.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Sales And Marketing, Sales at The Sandpiper, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2022

Thank you for your 5-star rating!

We were thrilled to read your review and, by extension, your complimentary remarks about Harold and the team. We were delighted to discover that we were able to make Father's Day extra special! We take pleasure in going above and beyond for our guests and are delighted to have contributed to your pleasant stay. It was a joy to have you, as it usually is, and we look forward to seeing you when you return!

Reviewed 20 July 2022 via mobile

After a long wait due to Covid myself and my family had the chance to revisit the lovely island of Barbados and the lovely Sandpiper hotel.
We stayed for 7 days and we all enjoyed ourselves.
The rooms were very clean and of a decent size. Very good balcony as we had a very wet day but happily sat on it and watched in the warm and dry.
The breakfasts were fine, probably what you would expect. The Staff however while doing nothing wrong didn’t go above and beyond to serve us. Apart from a very charming server called Mario. He always had a smile on his face and enjoyed discussing football and his juice station. I went down every morning hoping he was working as he spread that happiness!

The pool area and beach were very well maintained and we were supplied with water and sorbets which was a very nice touch, cocktails from the bar were very nice indeed.

The one problem I had is one afternoon we ordered a afternoon tea to enjoy on our balcony. At $54 per person it was disappointing to have 3 very small finger sandwiches and a stale scone along with small sweet options. It was a shame as our last visit the afternoon tea was enormous and very good value. This time not so much.

Overall a very relaxing trip. Would love to give 5 stars however I felt the food offering and value let it down slightly.

Room tip: Take some insect bite cream
Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your four-star rating and for leaving us a review.

Thank you also for your kind words regarding our rooms and the hotel. We were thrilled to read that overall you had a relaxing trip, and are pleased to have contributed to this.

We were, however, disappointed to learn that your dining experiences fell short of your expectations. We have received your comments and will forward them to the appropriate parties as we certainly hope to create a better impression should you return.

It was a pleasure to have you and we do hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 11 July 2022

This hotel has everything you may be looking for in a romantic trip. It's a small place so you can get special and personalized attention from the staff. Everyone looking forward to turn your stay amazing since the reservation until the checkout. The beach is great with one of the most beautiful sunset I've ever seen, crystal clear water with marine life since you step in the water. Restaurant and bar with great food and drinks. The location is also good with some good restaurants nearby. Will definitely come back on our next stay in Barbados!

Room tip: The garden view rooms are great. We've stayed at room 44 which is steps away from the beach and the restaurant and bar.
Date of stay: June 2022
Sales And Marketing, Sales at The Sandpiper, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2022

Thank you for your lovely 5 star review!

We appreciate you taking the time to say such complimentary things about our staff and amenities. We were pleased to learn we made your stay an enjoyable one, and we do hope to welcome you again in the future.