9 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
FindHotel
Trip.comUS$452
Destinia.comUS$469
eDreams
1,945 results
All reviews superior room lunch and dinner glass bottom boat catamaran trip small hotel cold towels free catamaran rum punch bar staff street party evening entertainment water sports afternoon tea sunday night our honeymoon a la carte waiter service
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 June 2019

Had a blast again! Bartenders, Omar, Kyle and Rondell took care of us at the bar! Super staff and great Beach! Will be back again. Never Disappointed. Nicole in reservations was wonderful to us and a big help!

Room tip: Get ocean view! Stay away from street side.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank kbklenk
Reviewed 28 June 2019

I stayed at this hotel with my husband for a week in June, partly to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We had such a great time and the staff at the hotel couldn't have done any more to make the occasion special for us.

We arrived at the hotel after a very long flight and checked in with the lovely receptionist who offered us a cold towel and a drink and then showed us round the hotel and our room. We had an ocean front room and whilst it was a bit tatty, the bed was very comfy, shower hot and the view was absolutely superb.

There is only one restaurant at this hotel, which I thought would be boring, but thankfully the view is so lovely from there you never get tired of it! We ate breakfast, lunch and dinner outside with the sound of the waves. Lunch and dinner are alternative buffet/sit down, so you would get a buffet lunch with sit down dinner one day and sit down lunch with buffet dinner the next if you see what I mean.

The best thing about this hotel is definitely the extremely friendly staff, they just couldn't do enough for you. Everyone from the cleaning staff to the bar staff to the reception staff, restaurant staff, beach staff was first class.

On our anniversary our room was decorated with balloons, banners and the bed was decorated also, along with a bottle of fizz on ice when we got back to our room in the evening.

I definitely would return to this hotel and would highly recommend it. The location is fantastic - right in the centre of Holetown with a huge supermarket just up the road.
Sure, it's a bit rough round the edges but I think it definitely adds to the charm of being in Barbados.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank karenpEdinburgh
Reviewed 25 June 2019 via mobile

Fabulous place! Can’t speak highly enough of the staff who were attentive, humorous and helpful. Special thanks to the two Peter’s and the bar staff - but saying that everyone was great! Thank you for a great holiday

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank jmarshall2001
Reviewed 19 June 2019 via mobile

We have a few more days to enjoy at this wonderful place. What a beautiful beach and water. There hasn’t been much current since we’ve been here. The bottom is sandy until you get to the rocks out deep where there’s pretty good snorkeling right out from the resort. We brought our own snorkels. The catamaran trip was a really nice sail up the coast then snorkeling with turtles. The water sports are great- my son wakeboarded. We paddle boarded and sailed. I like that I can walk in either direction quite a way either on the beach or walkways. The staff has been so wonderful. They work so hard but are friendly and keep things light and fun. The drinks are awesome. We bring dollar bills and give out a few dollars here and there to thank the housekeeping and the waitstaff. This is not expected but it is appreciated.
We’ve been to a lot of all inclusive resorts, and for us this checks a lot of boxes we’ve not enjoyed other places. Just little things- dry beach towels are brought to your room, there are plenty of lounge chairs by the beach or pool. Mostly we like the small size because it is easy to get around or run back to the room. We stayed in a regular room with the hallway close to the street party on Sunday night but it was not loud in our room. We went to the street party for a little while. Holetown is a nice town. There are good places to eat right out the door. We did some of that in the evenings. We took the bus one day south to surf and felt really comfortable around Barbados.
Things I would change would be a little more variety of the menu. It just seems a bit repetitive after a while. I guess partly that is just the nature of going all-inclusive especially at a small resort. We found the food good though and we didn’t ever wait long for it. We didn’t mind setting the lunch and dinner times at breakfast.
I think if I had it to do over I would have upgraded to get a little bigger room since we had three of us. But, I’m not sure if it would have been worth the money really. Our room was fine. The bathroom was small. The bed that was set up for our son was nice and comfy though, as was ours. The AC in the room kept it nice and cool and it was quiet. At 4-5pm, when everyone was coming in from the beach sometimes one or two of us would only have lukewarm water for our shower which was probably our biggest complaint. Also, I agree that the vendors on the beach can be a bit much. But, they are just people trying to make a living and “ thank you I’m not interested” was respected. The beach is public so the hotel can’t control this. Sitting up on the deck close to the beach we saw fewer vendors but we like being on the beach. Entertainment ranged from talented steel drumers with a band to pretty painful where we didn’t want to stay for more. But in the evenings it goes 8:30-10:30 or 11. No later. The bar is open 10-12.
As far as mosquitos, I brought some spray with deet that I used at sometimes in the evenings. It depends on the wind how much it’s needed. The areas with water around are natural drainage areas and it is a tropical place. It would not be possible or even good for the environment to drain these areas.
So, I’m giving Mango Bay a 5. I am not basing this on how luxurious the room is because that is not my measure of a good beach vacation. But in general, a lot of things about this place make for a relaxing, fun vacation. There are other places that I want to try but I could see us coming back here as well.

Trip type: Travelled with family
9  Thank VABuckeye
Reviewed 12 June 2019

I feel very sad to write this review and was hesitant but do feel guests need to know what they are choosing, so here we go... stayed 10 nights. The internet service is very poor (slow) with many uncovered areas across the small resort. The gym is small and inadequate. Having been to many of these island resorts, we know the beach vendors are often challenging but here they were completely unmanaged with no security for guests - some were extremely persistent and even insulting you, calling you ‘tight’ being aggressive selling things we did not want. Sorry we were not in the mood for another boat ride as we already went on one and have another booked through the hotel? The time between meal courses was ridiculous - and I mean in excess of one hour on several occasions even when quiet. Food was overall ‘hit or miss’ and I personally did not enjoy it but that’s partly my taste as others in my group thought it was ok. The desert menu is very limited. Extremely noisy depending on where in resort - one of our rooms had loud music from the bar outside into the early hours making sleep impossible. The other room, the entertainment was extremely loud in close proximity due to being a very small resort. So noisy until nearly midnight (I personally didn’t mind but others did). The thing that hurt the most in this day and age is racial discrimination at the bar. If you’re not white, expect to be served last - really? I actually complained about this to management after asking the bartender if I was invisible. Management told me it’s because I’m quiet as they’ve had similar complaints from a quiet elderly African American couple? Sorry I am polite but that’s it. On the same note I watched other guests getting offered and served drinks and cool towels on the beach. In ten days I was never offered or served on the beach even once. The tubs and sinks in our room didn’t drain properly which was inconvenient. Despite our bad experience there was no flexibility on the checkout which most places offer. Having raised the issues (even if hesitant by my nature) throughout the trip, it was clear that the constructive feedback was punished by further attitude from staff. I even said it was not a complaint but feedback. So they then ignored or missed several of my drink orders with meals (as the person who ‘complained’). Of note some of the bartenders were regularly having ‘shots’ of alcohol on the quiet assuming we couldn’t see. Similarly the local police in uniform care to the bar and were drinking free alcoholic beverages. Another important point to note is there is stagnant water next to property - creating a ridiculous amount of mosquitoes. Nearly half of the group had some form of sickness on the trip - is this a coincidence? The beach looks great on pictures but us not great in reality - if you have small kids in particular, as it gets too deep too quick and there are currents - be careful! The resort is so small it has no selection of restaurants, just one pool and no hot tub. It is advertised as 4.5 stars and we paid a hell of a lot of money to be there for a special occasion - well it’s absolutely not 4.5 star. 3 star is a more accurate description (speaking as an individual having been at dozens of places like this). In the interest of a fair review, I will end by saying there are some positives. Many of the staff including some bar staff and restaurant staff and indeed the domestic staff are absolutely amazing people. Pleasant and friendly, and certainly do not deserve to be tarred with the same brush. I have no doubt this resort has great potential and I can understand why some reviews are great. In the middle of all these outrages, I did manage to have good bits and fun times. I however found the resort’s goal to create lifetime customers ironic - had the resort addressed my concerns early on rather than justifying and making it worse, I would have had a much better holiday but unfortunately I must say I won’t recommend Mango Bay and I don’t intend to return in my no doubt many future trips to Barbados.

Date of stay: May 2019