Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews words cannot describe spent one night an unforgettable experience hot water desert camp camel ride ismail songs memories dancing music sky life fes toilet stars tent
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 March 2020

We came to Milky Way desert camp as part of our Morocco trip with Wanderlust Morocco Tours. We were 20 women who always dreamed to visit Morocco. There are not enough words to describe the feeling of sleeping in the middle of the Sahara desert. The night at the dessert, the starts, the beres beres, the music... Sometimes it seemed like a movie!

The tents were sparkly clean, well decorated, each has a private bathroom and shower, with HOT water!

The camp team was so nice, respectful helpful and special. The dinner was delicious. They help us to organize a birthday celebration for three girls of the group, they brought cake, drums, music and sing along with us!

After dinner, they light up the fire, so you can enjoy being out in the desert! Singing, dancing, talking, having fun!
Then watching the stars... the sky was FULL of stars!!!
I need more time to enjoy a bit more the desert, playing at the dunes, another night to take photos, etc.
The service is TOP quality!
You will not regret to stay in the Milky Way desert camp! the staff makes everything they can to enjoy this experience the most you can!

THANK YOU ISMAEL AND TEAM! I hope I can come back in the future!

Reviewed 6 March 2020

I just came back from this amazing place and amazing organizers, I highly recommend them to anyone who would like to experience the real feeling of the desert in a beautiful setup, I give them a 5 thumbs up, you rock guys!!! thank you so much for taking care of all of us and showing us your amazing country, it was an unforgettable experience which I will cherish for the rest of my life!!!!!!

Reviewed 5 March 2020

This experience has been one of the best of my life by far! We arrived to the camp after riding camels through the desert for 1.5 hours, as soon as we arrived Mostafa served us his mint tea and showed us the tents. The electricity of the camp is powered by solar panels so you can charge your camera, phone, and have hot water to shower! Also, there is WiFi. We had a wonderful dinner followed by drums and dancing till 5 am (we were a group of 20 friends so you can imagine). The beréberes are amazing guys who showed us their culture and insight of the world, and there was a beautiful exchange of words and cultures. The morning after we had a delicious breakfast and we were ready to keep moving onto our next stop.
I highly recommend you’ll this camp and I will hold these memories in my heart forever. Thank you Ismail for your attention and all your guys!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Ninaargi27
Reviewed 3 March 2020

Words cannot describe the incredible experience I had at Milky Way Desert Camp along with 19 other women who I have been traveling with through Morocco. You can start your journey by arriving by camel or car. The camp is absolutely beautiful, comfortable and exceeded all our expectations. The attention to detail is sublime, private bathrooms with hot water in each tent, beautifully decorated and illuminated, clean and comfortable beds, great food, and most of all... amazing people. To top it all, they performed several songs by the fire with a drum celebration, and made us feel like family. Thank you, thank you, thank you Mustapha, Rachid, Ismail and everyone at the camp who went above and beyond for us....I will never forget it.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 January 2020

Stayed here for one night as part of the desert tour package.

Room:
Well it really is a tent! But a nicely equipped one at that - there are lights, wall outlets, sitting toilet, shower area and even a little sitting area just outside the door. First off, if you're doing the desert tour in the winter like we did, just be prepared for night time temperature to be near the freezing point. Normally that's not an issue but since there is no heater in the tent, and that the tent isn't 100% "sealed" by the door so there's draft coming in, taking a shower is a little cold and when you get up in the morning out of the warm bed with 5 or 6 blankets that jolt of cold air would wake you up! But that's not a negative rather just wanted to make sure you know what you're getting into that's all. Shower water pressure is medium but again, you can't expect city-level comfort here. Perhaps the only note to mention here is that the rooms (tents) are fairly close to each other and since there's no insulation, if your neighbour tents are talking loudly at night you might hear a little bit.

Location:
Well you get here after an hour camel ride and it's not like there are shops or restaurants around =) Counted at least 5 other camps around us but they are at least some distance away so you don't hear any talking (though at night when the music/drums are going, those sounds do travel further). Each camp has a little hill area set up with a swinging chair, and top of the hill there's table and chairs. The paths are lit with candles at night so you can sit/stand and marvel at all the stars above you.

Intangibles:
Staffs were friendly and always smiling. And after they finished the evening duty of bringing us dinner at the common big tent, they started a bonfire and we all gathered around and they treated us to musical show of singing and drums. At least a few of the songs I recognized from the evening before at the area hotel and their music show so it's common it appears. Then it was our turn! They invited the guests to try and were very patient in showing/teaching us the techniques and beats. Definitely was interesting and helped to pass some time since there's no TV (nor would you care to watch TV here in the desert!)

The next morning we got back on the camels and went back out to "civilization" bringing with us the good memories of the desert under the stars.

Date of stay: January 2020