See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 July 2017

Pros: Convenient location to a little store and many restaurants. It was a very short walk to the beach. It was a quiet property. The price wasn't that big of a difference compared to bananarama hotel (which is directly on the beach)

Cons: The main reason I booked this hotel for my last night only in Roatan was because of the airport transfer they advertise on the booking listing. When I checked into the hotel the lady at the front desk told me I was not eligible for the airport transfer because of my short stay (no where on the site did they say there was a minimum night stay for airport transfer). The lady was nice and offered to set up a cab right for me in the morning for $25. The next morning....the "cab driver" that I paid $25 to was just a hotel staff member. WHAT A SCAM!!!

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Lisa M
Rafa_Brioso_, Director General at West Bay Colonial Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2018

Dear Lisa,

On behalf of our team members & myself , thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent experience at West Bay Colonial! It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

At the same time, you can feel assured that your comments helped us identify or focus on any possible deficiencies that may exist, and take whatever corrective actions may be necessary.

We are sorry to hear that you didn't get the transportation as it was mentioned in the old website. If you plan to come back you Will get compensated for our mistake.

We appreciate that you took the time to write a review to share your vacation experience and are glad to hear you enjoyed part of your holiday with us. We hope you visit us again, as you are already part of the Splash Inn Dive Resorts family.

Have a great day!
Rafa Brioso
Splash Inn Dive Resorts
rafa@roatansplashinn.com
Tel. (504) 96267919

Reviewed 16 July 2017

This family-run hotel is immaculately clean and meticulously maintained. The pool was cleaned daily. Our room 305 was enormous, with a king and a full bed, a completely private full-length terrace/balcony, and panoramic views of West Bay. Hotel is about 100 yards from the beach, far enough to be able to get a quiet night's sleep away form the party crowd, but close enough to walk there in three minutes if you want to be part of the action. Staff were charming and helpful, and many were fluent in English. I'd recommend this place for happy families, couples and business travelers - in other words, those who want to sleep without the noise of the party/drinking crowd. Two caveats: They are planning to upgrade their internet soon - it was intermittent in our room but fine in the restaurant and office. Also, be aware that there are lots of stairs and no elevator.

Room tip: Higher rooms have the best views but lots of stairs, so it's a tradeoff.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

We stayed here March 8-15, 2017. This was our first stay in Roatan, although we have visited via cruise ship several times in the past.

Great room, huge with very comfortable king bed. Very clean, and the AC did a great job keeping it cool. Had a 3rd floor room with a great ocean view.

Breakfast was good with friendly staff. Always someone around to get or exchange beach towels. Entire property was clean and in good condition.

I had requested a refrigerator which was promised on our first e-mail contact but never received one. Also did not get picked up at the airport upon arrival in Roatan as was promised. I had e-mailed several times before departure to verify dates and shuttle service which were never returned.

Other than the communication problems, it was a great stay with a friendly staff.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2017 via mobile

Loved it here, close to beach, right across street from a mini-mall that has everything you need/forgot, great breakfasts, fantastic staff and service, huge clean rooms with great bathrooms, good a/c and lots of tv channels (though small old tv), refreshingly cool little pool, quiet. Only thing that would've made it better is if they had a fridge and microwave in the room, ice, and a bar on site, but walking across the street was easy enough. Def. would stay here again!

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

Friendly helpful staff, large room with king bed and queen bed, walk in shower, tasty breakfast and only a short 2 to 3 minute walk to the gorgeous beach. Only drawback is the lack of an elevator so you walk up to your room.
Restaurant's and shopping right across the street.
We fell in love with the island and will stay here the next time as well.

Date of stay: February 2017