“Awesome Vacation”

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Suffolk, Virginia
“Awesome Vacation”
Reviewed 26 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015
person found this review helpful

Enjoyed every minute of Roatan. Island House had a driver at the airport to pick us up and take us to the grocery store and then to the house. Being new to the island, that was a big help. Check in was quick and easy and then it was on to enjoying our vacation at Casa Martin. The house was spacious and clean. We had 3 couples and it was nice that each of us had our own full bathroom. West Bay Beach is nice because if you are the touristy type you can do all of the beach activities that you would normally find at the beach. Parasailing, fishing, canopy tours... We are from the beach so we weren't interested in most of those things. We came to relax and chill. And this place didn't disappoint. Cruise ships were in on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. That made the beach a little more lively. But I enjoyed that aspect of it. Those folks didn't get to the area until 9:00 or so and they were typically gone by 3:00. That left us to enjoy the beautiful sunsets without the crowds. It was never crowded in front of West Bay Village. People would walk by on their way to snorkle but we basically had the beach in front to ourselves. Lunches out were a little difficult when the ships were in just because most of the places were fairly full. We typically ate lunch at the house and then ate dinners out. There is a charcoal grill at the house but we found charcoal itself was difficult to find. There are a fair amount of vendors that walk the beach selling their stuff. Didn't see too many things worth buying. The banana doughnut man was good. Just wish he would come by in the morning instead of the afternoon. There are also people selling empenadas that were really good. great for a quick and easy lunch. The vendors all seemed polite. A quick "no thank you" typically did the trick. Some would hang around longer than others. Gusto is the properties security guard. He would keep them moving along. Can't say enough good things about him. Super nice guy. I wish I could speak Spanish so I could have properly told him how much we enjoyed him being around. We tried to keep a cold Coke in his hand. Great guy. The only issue any of us had was a bout of stomach issues. I attribute that to being in a new environment that our bodies weren't accustomed to. Nothing serious, just an inconvenience. I've left a lot out and I know I've rambled and jumped from topic to topic but this really was one of the coolest places I've traveled. We really enjoyed every bit of it. If I can answer any questions for any "would be" Casa Martin or West Bay Village travelers, I'm happy to do so...

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
toofunnie
South Dakota
“Perfect Location”
Reviewed 24 September 2014 for a stay in November 2013
person found this review helpful

After searching and searching my husband and I finally decided on Casa Martin for our first visit to Roatan! All I can say is "wow". We sure spoiled ourselves! What a beautiful home and a perfect location! Brad, Ruth and Sam made everything easy. The only thing bad I can say is that it's a bummer we aren't able to rent it again for this years trip;)

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Brooke C
Dallas, Texas
“Paradise Found!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

We had a group of 7 stay at Casa Martin and it was perfect! The house was spacious enough for all of us and had everything we needed. It is literally steps away from the water!

Sam, Ruth and Brad were so helpful and the ground are very well kept. We did have minor issues with the sand flies but bug spray seemed to do the trick.

We cannot wait to go back again!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing