1,662 results
All reviews entertainment staff lobby bar air transat rep tgi diving fish sand fleas west end nightly shows dive shop water aerobics towel cards towel art each meal fire show donuts pina colada deep woods
Reviewed 18 April 2018

This was our first visit to Roatan and we were a little hesitant on what to expect after reading some reviews of the Henry Morgan resort. We kept in mind that this was a 3 - 3.5 star resort & we normally stay at 4 and 5 stars. We couldn't have been more pleased!

CHECK IN: Was fast, friendly,and our room was ready earlier than promised. We arrived around 0930 and had our room key and luggage at 1330hrs. We also requested an upgrade and were granted a poolside room for a small fee. My husband accidentally forgot his credit card at the front counter and it was promptly delivered to our room. Good first impression!

ROOM: Was clean, spacious, and we couldn't have asked for a better location! We were in PS4 (poolside #4), on the second floor. King sized comfy bed with fluffy pillows.. It's a great room if you want to be close to the beach, the pool, and the lobby. Our room was cleaned every day, fresh towels provided daily, and always little towel art creatures which was a nice touch. We never saw any cockroaches as was reported in one review. There was plenty of hot water, good water pressure, and liquid soap provided. There is also a hair dryer, mini fridge with two water bottles, and a safe to keep your valuables. There is also a large flat screen TV with plenty of English stations. The only negative was that the lighting was very poor, so not the greatest if you like to put makeup on while on holidays (maybe bring a lighted makeup mirror). Was not an issue for me, but might be for others.

FOOD: The food was pretty good. It was nothing to write home about, but we certainly didn't have a problem finding something good to eat. For breakfast, there was an egg and crepe station, plenty of bacon, ham, toast, cereals, fruits, oatmeal, you get the idea...nobody went hungry! For lunch, you have the option of either eating at the buffet or the snack bar by the pool. Most days we ate at the poolside snack bar and had fried chicken, or nachos with shredded chicken, salsa, and refried beans. Also at a little after 3pm, there was fresh donuts made....OMG delicious!! Most dinners we ate off of there resort, but we did have the buffet on a few occasions. There was a pasta station, always a fish dish or two, beef, chicken, soups, lots of options and always something new on the menu. There were very few dessert options (usually 3 choices), but we indulged in the fresh fruit most days. If you are looking to eat off of the resort, we highly recommend Beachers for the sea food (coconut shrimp and lobster), and Bananarama for the woodfired pizza's and calzones!

POOL: There are two pools on site. One is pretty far from the main pool and is very shallow. I think 3 feet at the deepest point, and the main pool is quite deep at 6 feet at it's deepest point. The pool was really warm, but we opted for the ocean most days.
There was plenty of loungers and be sure to ask the towel guy for cushions. They have plenty, you just have to ask!

ENTERTAINMENT: It was the usual for this sort of resort. Lots of dancing and music. We enjoyed the entertainment and the fire show was pretty cool as well.

BEACH/OCEAN/SNORKELLING: Was amazing!! The water was really clear, warm, sandy bottom, no steep drop offs, and TONS of fish!! Again, there were lots of lounge chairs with no towel games to get a good spot. Security on the beach was great and would watch your stuff when you went in the water. The beach towels are a little small and worn, so if you want a big fluffy one, bring your own.

DRINKS: People need to remember that this is a 3 star resort, and as such, you are not going to get the fancy blender drinks with the premium alcohols. Yes, they can be purchased for an additional cost off the resort (just about next door for pretty cheap), but there was a variety of drinks to choose from (Vodka, Gin, Rum, Tequila and Beer). The mixed drinks were pretty good and the Rum Punch wasn't overly sweet! Off the resort, definitely try the Monkey La La's!!

EXCURSIONS: We only did one excursion through the resort which was a snorkeling adventure and we also took in Gumbalimba Park to see the monkeys!. Both were really good, but the snorkeling was just as good if you went right off the beach to be honest. This is a diver's paradise from what we have been told, so definitely take advantage of it while here if you were into diving!

In all, we loved our stay. The people were extremely friendly and service was superb! I think a lot of the complaints are from people who are expecting 5 star service from a 3 star resort. Yes, you will have to get up and get yourself to the bar to fetch a drink. Nobody is going to bring you one while you relax in your beach chair.

For the money we paid, we thought it was an excellent value and thought for the money we saved, we could use it to go off the resort an enjoy some of the tiki bars and restaurants that lined the shores, or take a $3 water taxi to the West End!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank TINA B
Reviewed 18 April 2018

This was my 4th stay at the Henry Morgan in the last four years ( I’ve also stayed at three other places on the island), this is still, in my opinion the best value for money. Remember it’s rated a three star so don’t expect a five star. The standard rooms are showing their age a bit, the bathrooms especially need work. But the room is still lovely and kept very clean. Don’t forget to tip your maids, they work very hard for little pay.
Since our last visit (April 2017) they have been making improvements, most notably the dinning room....its been completely redone and the food was also up in quality, crepes at breakfast, omelet and egg station, fresh pasta bar at lunch and dinner ....I definitely gained weight!
Only downfall was they still don’t have ice cream
I still suggest a room on the second floor as they are definitely quieter.
The only area where they are a let down is the alcohol....poor quality and few choices. I paid for drinks elsewhere when I wanted one.
If you know what you’re getting you’ll love it. I can’t wait to return.
I did not dive with them as their boats were always to packed for my taste and I have a terrific dive shop I ALWAYS use just down the beach...message me for details if you’d like

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Londonjule
Reviewed 16 April 2018

I visited Henry Morgan in March and my friends and I were pleasantly surprised by the 3.5 Star Resort. The staff were super friendly and the entertainment was excellent!

We had absolutely no complaints, the rooms were renovated and clean. The food was excellent, however there was a lack of veggie options.

The water was absolutely incredible.. It was a true paradise.

Roatan is truly a hidden gem and I will be returning again!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank TaraIvk7
Reviewed 15 April 2018

If you are looking for a laid back beach holiday this is the place to go! We stayed at HM from March 29 to April 12th and had a great time.The buildings and walkways are all wooden and you feel nestled in the jungle with lots of flowers and trees. We had two different rooms; one was poolside and the other had a balcony with hammocks. The rooms were clean and housekeeping was wonderful. We were apprehensive with some of the reviews but took a chance! This is a 3 star resort so if you are a 5 star person this is not the place for you. The beach was amazing and the water was clear and calm the whole time we were there. The resort never feels too busy as a lot of visitors are big scuba divers. You can snorkel 20 feet in and see lots of fish. The island is very mountainous and a trip around is a must. Ask for Oscar on the beach; a great guide. Food was plentiful and good. Only one buffet restaurant (and one a la carte) but they change up the selections. Fried chicken and fries at the beach bar were fresh and tasty.The resort offers activities daily so you can be as busy as you would like. Lots of bars and restaurants along the beach and usually nightly entertainment. Our Air Transat rep was very helpful as was George, Guest Services Manager. Friendly staff and they all speak English and French. Contrary to some reviews, there were no cockroaches evident and the sand fleas came out at 4pm; wear bug spray at night. They fog twice a day to keep mosquitoes at bay and we weren't bit once. Bring your own beach towels (they offer only bath sized and not new), and snorkeling gear. There are limited drink options; no rye, scotch or liquers so stock up before you arrive. Bring your bubba and an insulated tumbler as all drinks are served in paper cups. There was no red wine during our visit so again, bring your own or you can buy Italian reds in the wine store on site. Great value for your dollar if you come prepared!Note that the age group is 30+ and there is no kids club. Would we go back? Yes but for a longer period of time; hard to beat the weather and the beach.

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues choose poolside or beachside but note that activities go until 11ish .
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 154patti
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at he HM Apr 5-12th. We loved our room with back porch with hammocks. Pool was nice and warm. Ocean was best snorkeling anywhere. Saw huge spotted eagle ray three days of seven. Last time was for over five minutes. The fish and coral will blow your mind! Colours everywhere of every size, and so many varieties of fish.
We stayed at Infinity Bay 2 years ago for a lot more money. This trip was affordable and well worth the deal we got. Happy they have it. Basically for the price difference, we will stay here again over Infinity. Yes the resort is needing a little love, and they are actively doing things. You see it happening. This resort made us feel like we were in Roatan because of the jungle style layout of units.
Good food. I don’t get anyone complaining there. They had pasta, meats, salads, deserts, you most certainly didn’t go hungry and the variety was wonderful we thought.
Best crepes! Loved my crepe guy.

I bought a beautiful silver stringray pendant off a vendor, (Karla), on the beach. A memento of our experience.

Ladies definitely check out her stuff!! Loooove it all! All handmade by her, even the molds. Very talented, and trust me, great quality pieces. Her prices are bang on, not ridiculous.
Karma Roatan it’s called. Go right and walk.

Please be kind and generous, and tip if you can, and only if you feel they earned it.

We brought gifts. Electronics are greatly appreciated there, as is clothing you brought that you don’t really wear, you know....kids stuff too.

All in all we were very pleased with our stay. Yes we will be back.

Great job Henry Morgan.