US$392
  • Breakfast included
Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort(West Bay)(Great Value!)
US$264
US$212
US$474
US$252
  • Breakfast included
Posada Seremein(West Bay)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$131
Caribe Tesoro(West Bay)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$132
US$272
US$312
Orbitz.com
Paradise Beach Hotel(West Bay)(Great Value!)
US$180
Orbitz.com
US$518
All reviewstree housedive shoplocation location locationquiet endfish tacoscoffee makersand fliesevery morningcruise shiproatan islandlobster tailbeautiful beachcentral americalive musicweek staywater taxibar restaurant
Reviewed 15 August 2010

I thought Foster's was definitely good value for the money, great location, and great people. I'm not exactly sure why some of the people on here gave Foster's bad reviews. This place is RIGHT on Westbay Beach. The place is not a dump, as some people have mentioned....its more authentic island living. I feel also that I ought to address the "abandoned trailer" somebody complained about on the property. Its not abandoned, one of the guys that works at Foster's lives there, is really nice, and can hook you up with snorkel gear for cheap. Its not super developed like a lot of places, but its very nice and has everything you need. The land has actually been in Mr. Foster's family for about 200 years, as he says. I was there with 2 other people and stayed at the Casa Grande. I loved it, it was cleaned every day, it has a/c and a water cooler, fridge, sink, blender.....everything you need except a toothbrush. Everyone that works at Foster's is super nice and will for sure go the extra mile to help you out and make sure that you have a great time. The seafood at the restaurant is great, some of the best I've had. But if you want variety there are plenty of places you can walk to that are up and down the best. You should for sure hit up the snorkel trip to Cayos Cochinos, Greg and Blue are excellent hosts and will definitely make sure you have a great time! Overall, I'd stay at Foster's again for sure.

A few tips on getting around Roatan.....make sure and take small bills, several times I had trouble breaking a $20, and don't count on being able to use your credit card everywhere. During the day, water taxi's are the way to go, $3 per person per trip, takes about 5 minutes to run down to West End versus $15 for a regular taxi. BUT, if you are out and about at night, for sure use the regular taxi's. Appropriate fair for taxi rides to most places on the island is about $15 to $20. Definitely try the street food in West End, its super great and very inexpensive. Scooters is a great way to see the island, but be careful on them. There's tourist police that patrol West End. Most of all just get out and see the island, talk to the locals, they are all nice people....not just b/c they want you to give them money but they are just genuinely nice.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank JB1804
Reviewed 4 August 2010

We stayed at Fosters in July 2010. When we walked up, Foster was there to personally show us our beautiful cabin that overlooked the entire crescent-shaped beach of West End. (Sky Cabin 3) His sons and staff are so helpful and friendly. Foster even took time out of his day to take me on a scooter ride to see some of his other breathtaking properties. You can't help but relax. It was perfect. We will definitely be back soon. One important fact about Fosters is that it is a locally owned property. Fosters' family has owned the property for over 200 years. Although there are many places to stay- all the properties are actually side-by-side down the beach, so don't worry about beachfront. It seems that all the properties are targeting different tastes. If you are like me, laid back wanting a true Roaton-island feel- then stay at Fosters. There is a great outdoors bar/restaurant that serves delicious food and drinks at very reasonable prices. I am a bit of a research freak, so I choose Fosters after reviewing many options. I couldn't be more satisfied with our choice.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank allieclaire
Reviewed 4 August 2010

Our family had a wonderful stay at Fosters in West Bay. The place is island family owned and it is a relaxing, laid back place. The staff was friendly and always smiling. Our older kids could roam around and even hang out at the beach restuarant and bar and we had no worries. They treat you like family. We rented one of the beach two bedrooms and it was a bit on the more rustic side, but clean and plenty of space and right on the beach and with a huge deck we could all hang out on. Not very many places at West Bay seem to be actually beachfront, but Fosters is. Foster is a charming host and he has other cabanas that are very nice and very updated. My husband and I want to come back by ourselves as soon as we can and we will rent one of the beachfront king cabanas. The restaurant was great, and you can not beat the specials they have at happy hour and the lobster special on Thursdays. We spent plenty of 2 for 1 times there looking at the beautiful sunset and drinking our pinacoladas! Fosters is not a fancy resort, but it has spacious grounds, it feels like home and it has the most incredible beach. We just loved it and we will be back.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank jmc1925
Reviewed 1 August 2010

If you are looking for exceptional hospitality and service, Fosters West Bay is definitely for you. On previous trips to Roatan, I have stayed at other establishments with some disappointments. Foster’s surpassed all of my expectations and will be the resort I return to when revisiting the island. This was my most relaxing stay by far. At Foster’s, you definitely get the most value for your money.

When we first arrived, management had our bags brought up to our room and made sure that everything was to our liking. Our Upper-story Cabana was equipped with great amenities. From the hammock on our porch, we had a wonderful ocean-view and enjoyed listening to the surf at all hours of the day. There was not one time during my 4 ½ week stay did I find something lacking.

One of the things I liked most about Fosters is that you felt like part of their family. It is also located at the quieter end of West Bay, which allows you to visit the more populated parts of the beach or places on island while still being able to return home to a more secluded and relaxing atmosphere. The staff was more than helpful in answering questions, helping us obtain internet/phone access, and calling for taxi service.

The restaurant and bar offers some of the best island food. Their drink and food specials are second to none. Do not pass up their Thursday night lobster special and their barbeque chicken special when offered.

As a diver, the access to the dive shop, Anemona Divers, was a very convenient. Anemona Divers has some of the best Divemasters and staff. They were keen to making sure that their divers saw as much of the reef and sea creatures as possible. I was amazed by their ability to find and point out sea turtles, rays, sharks, king crabs, lobsters, and eels.

If you want a fish, a boat tour of the island, or an excursion to one of the other Bay Islands, I would definitely recommend Xtreme Charters. During this visit, I really enjoyed visiting the neighboring islands of Utila and the Cayos Cochinos. On one of my fishing trips, I hooked a 85lb Wahoo. It was definitely the catch of a lifetime. Not to forget to mention, their charter boats are beautiful vessels that very well equipped.

This trip to Roatan was my third of many more to come. When returning to Roatan, I will be staying at Foster’s West Bay and urge you to do the same. Don’t miss out on what could be your most memorable and relaxing Caribbean vacations.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank GeauxLA
Reviewed 29 July 2010

Fosters is out and away from the populated Cap. Morgan and other major hotels in the West Bay area leaving it a quiet and relaxing place to stay. The complex is on the beach and water is always calm, clear, and few people. I stayed in the Treehouse, and High House two. The high house was very large for a family with working kitchen appliances, (eat out recomended.) The beds are clean and fresh however be prepared for a rustic look. The treehouse was small and confined (to be expected) however with motion sickenss from the mainland via Roatan ferry the swaying of the tree in the wind did not help!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family