All reviews the river santa pod sunday roast special evening pudding night served promptly comfortable rooms clotted cream lovely location finger sandwiches bottled water main meal following morning wedding reception engagement party family room tea and coffee
Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here as it was the closest to place to meet our family. We really weren’t sure what to expect but, from the friendly greeting on arrival, through the spacious and comfortable room, to the excellent food in the restaurant, there was plenty to be happy with. Would definitely recommend to anyone, especially petrol heads visiting the region. Allard Kalff, take note!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

This is the second time I have visited the Millhouse. We chose this establishment because of the deal they have in place which enables a child to eat for free with a paying adult on Sundays. From the moment we walked in we were welcomed and felt a real sense of ease. Our whole table ordered the Sunday roast. It was brought out in a timely manner, with generous portion sizes and it was absolutely delicious! Our waiter who I believe was named Kieran was very attentive, great with our kids and really made the visit that extra bit special.
I'm looking forward to returning, it was the perfect way to spend a rainy miserable Sunday. Thank you once again!!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

We visited the hotel for the craft fair which they had in the marquee, the craft fair was well organised and lovely stalls.
We decided to book afternoon tea for afterwards as we thought we’d make a day of it.....
We was early for the booking but was shown to the bar and served our drinks.

Some come and got us to take us through for our afternoon tea. We was asked if we wanted hot drinks? One of us had a tea and one a hot chocolate we was told there would be a charge for this...I said that’s fine..... but charged full price I think was abit unfair?

The tea came and it looked good, until the waiter tried to explain what the top cakes were....and he failed and just said... ‘guessing that’s possibly pistachio’ didn’t fill us with great confidence! We started eating and it had been 30minutes when someone then came over checking it was okay.....then 5 minutes...then another checked, then seemed every 5minutes someone would walk past us and give us a look/stare to see if we’d finished, yet when we had finished we waited 15 minutes and then no one could be seen!

We thought we would use the toilet and pay on our way out, the toilets were absolutely disgusting!! Tissue and water all over the floor, a dirty nappy changing mat laid right next to the sink...

We went over to the desk and a lovely dark haired gentleman was polite and said he’d find someone to grab our bill, he made conversation with us about did we enjoy the craft fair and things, a young lad then brought us the bill in a book we put the cash in and off we went.

It was such a disappointment as we had heard your pudding evenings and events are good.

It’s a shame as I have emailed the hotel the next day and have had no response to my email.....

We won’t be visiting again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
MillhouseSharnbrook, Manager at Millhouse Hotel & Riverside Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2018

Hi Laura

I'm very sorry you didn't enjoy your visit, unfortunately we haven't received an email from you this is why we haven't replied if you could resend the email to ryan@millhouse-riverside.co.uk, i would be more than happy to look into this and rectify any issues

Ryan

Reviewed 18 September 2018

I really cannot say too much about this wonderful gem of a hotel. Incredibly friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Dinner was so lovely, tasty and hot. Everyone including the wonderful Kyron was just so hospitable. I really cannot say enough about Carl and the gang at Millhouse Hotel. We will be seeing you again really soon. Thanks again for being so lovely to our Luscious LoLa

Room tip: any of the rooms as it near the river bank and away from the road
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Ciora D
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

My parents booked a table for us after hearing good things about this place.

I must say the grounds at the Mill are lovely and it’s a beautiful venue. When we got seated we were placed in the conservatory which was nice and light.

There seemed to be a decent amount of options on the menu but we all ordered Sunday roasts (a trio of meats - chicken, beef and gammon option and a roast beef option).

I wasn’t expecting the amount of food that we got but the portion size was good and the food was lovely. The Sunday roast photo wasn’t all the food as the waiter then bought out a sharing bowl of fresh green veg and a side of cauliflower cheese.

Full but not completely full I ended up sharing a chocolate brownie dessert with my wife which was lovely and just enough to finish me off for the meal.

Overall the service, food and venue were excellent. If you want a quaint place to eat out in the countryside then this place ticks all the boxes.

Date of stay: September 2018