See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 August 2013

This hotel is not more than 3 stars and the major argument is the high price for less service . noisey street 200m , 1km far away from wolfgang see, environment with no feeling and style . bath are not really clean . i missed an organized hotel management with hotel expierences . Windows old and dirty , banner lights shin into the rooms , in Good sight to the lake, Breakfast okay but , maximum normal staffe. Service people open , friendly but they have no possibilty to bring the minus points in a possitive way

Room Tip: noise in direction to the see , parking place in the direction to the mountain
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I travel quite a lot and the service I got in this hotel is by far the worse I have ever experienced. The rooms are not better. There are plenty of B&B in better location and with better prices to be booked even on spot!
The hotel is not in Strobl, but just outside, on a small hill. You cannot see the lake, if it is that what you are wondering :) (but I knew it, and I was fine with it. I am not complaining about the position!)

The rooms are like saunas, I fell asleep on the balcony after changing room once. On that day the highest temperature outside didn't pass the 30 degrees, but in the air in the room was stale, unbreathable, like the windows were not open for days. The hotel is on a hill and gets a lot of sun, but if the windows stay always closed, there is no chance to keep the temperature under control. I think it is importanto to say that I was not expecting air conditioned rooms, just a bearable temperature.

The rooms where quite big but not comfortable, empty, used and old fashioned. Not practical and with no attention to details. Even not well cleaned (hair in the shower, lots of dust on the radiator, dirty glasses in the bathroom).

Just for info, the reception is open only from 8am til 9pm.

I booked room with breakfast. The breakfast starts only at 8 am and, as I had to leave before 8, the receptionist assured me a packed lunch in the room. I have asked 3 times for it but for some reason I never received it. I bought my breakfast at the train station.

No amenities (no shampoo,toothbrush,shower cap,kettle) even on request.

I wrote a letter to the direction to have at least the money back for the promised-but-never-received breakfast: the person who answered didn't even sign the email with his/her name. This is not only rude but also a sign that there is nobody taking the responsability of their actions. And of course not a cent has given back.

Bad service from the beginning to the end. I could have slept on the lake instead on the balcony: at least I would have had a better view.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank helitee
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I stayed at this hotel with groups on two occasions both magical, (Xmas 2011 & May 2013). The owners Timmi & Josh couldn't do enough to make our stay an enjoyable experience.
The hotel enjoys a wonderful position on a hill overlooking Wolfgangsee and has a real family atmosphere. The food and service excellent.
It is approx. a 15 minute stroll into Strobl, a pretty town on the lake shore,
this could be a problem for guests without transport and walking difficulties, but the owners will for a small charge take and bring people back from Strobl.
The bedrooms are large, mostly with balconies and it is good to book a room with lake views.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the lake, with balconies are memorable
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 September 2011

We stayed here at the end of September 2011. The hotel is ideally located in Strobl at the south of Wolfgangsee which is less than an hour's drive from Salzburg and in the heart of the Austrian lakes. It is also close to Bavaria. The position of the hotel is superb looking out over the lake and it takes about 15 mins to walk to the lake front where you can catch a boat to St Wolfgang(for the Schafberg) and St Gilgen.

We had a balcony view looking over the lake and the room was spacious with a table and chairs. The room had a good bathroom and a modern plasma TV. There is plenty of storage.
The chambermaids arranged our duvets in different patterns each night! A delightful touch.

The pool looked over the mountains and all the facilities(gym, sauna...) were working and very clean.

The reception staff were always very pleasant and helpful. The waiters were very efficient, polite and good fun especially as I was trying to speak a little German. The food either in buffet form or set menu's was of very good quality, delicious and a good variety of traditional Austrian fare. And with the view over the lake was a stunning place to dine in the evening.

The owners, who are a wonderful young couple, were very friendly and welcoming.

We would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2011

We stayed at this hotel as part of a package deal. It was first class in every respect ,the rooms were large and comfortable, the restaurant was good with a self service buffet offering good varied menus, and the service was excellent.
The views from the hotel were stunning both from the bedrooms and the dining room.
We would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a comfortable good value hotel in this area

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the front of the hotel
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple