See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 October 2017

Very downtrodden, dirty and miles away from anywhere if you don't have your own transport, very disappointed..No mircowave or any way of heating food. Noisy next door's domestic woke us at 4-30am. If hadn't prepay-sight unseen wouldn't have stayed..

Stayed: September 2017
Roy E, Manager at Chalets Beaconsfield Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Dear guest, are you sure that you stayed at our establishment?
1st) We do not accept prepay as you have mentioned, on any booking site; our guests pay only upon arrival.
2nd) Every single room we offer DOES have microwave, coffeemaker, with complementary tea/coffee, disposable plates and utensils. Half of our rooms offer fully stocked kitchenettes. We keep spare appliances onsite to replace any malfunctioning equipment in minutes.
3rd) We are located only 2 blocks away from Montreal AMT, station Beaurepaire, above-ground train service; only 20 minutes to the downtown core.
4th) There is a public transit bus stop (lines 211, and 405-express) literally in front of the motel which take our guests directly to Montreal underground metro station Lionel-Groulx.
5th) Our number one positive feedback from our guests on sites which do verify stays is our attention to cleanliness.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

Cute place, originally built back in the 1930s as lodging for local workers & has been updated/remodeled over the years. It's actually several small single-room or double-room cottage-like buildings - very quaint. There are a couple of Pubs & a convenience store within walking distance as well as a gas station. Grocery store (Metro) is a very short drive down Beaconsfield St.

Roy & his family (current owners) were extremely pleasant & friendly, although when I checked in, the young lady at the desk neglected to provide me w/ the Wi-Fi password & had to get it the next morning as the reception office closed shortly after I arrived. Room was clean & had a kitchenette w/ coffee maker. Air conditioner worked well & the room had a flat-panel TV w/ satellite TV service (the on-screen channel/program guide was a little kludgey w/ many duplicate channels). Wi-Fi was generally "OK", but became virtually useless as the motel approached 100% capacity (I was not able to connect at all one evening) - they could use a few more Wi-Fi boosters. That being said, when Wi-Fi was working well, I was even able to plug my Amazon Fire TV Stick into the TV & watch YouTube, Pandora, etc.

There were a couple of broken floor tiles in the bathroom (which the owners knew about & were in the process of repairing) & the bathroom window could not be opened at all. There were sliders at the rear of the room that opened up to a small grassy area in the back. Plenty of hot water for showers, but the water in Montreal is _heavily_ chlorinated - use bottled water for drinking, coffee, etc.

Overall, I had a very pleasant visit at the Chalets Beaconsfield Motel, although the fact that the reception office was not staffed 24/7 was a concern. Kudos to Roy & his family for running a nice place. I would definitely return on my next trip to Montreal. -Bob W, New Hampshire, USA

Room Tip: Units close to the office seem to have better-than-average Wi-Fi reception.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 August 2017

We stayed in an "economy kitchenette" room, and it met our need for convenience to downtown Montreal and a place to prepare our own breakfasts. We made dinner in the room one night, too. The location (in a suburb of Montreal) worked out well for us: we were able to take a regional bus (exact change; it passes in front of the motel), connecting the Metro, for city site seeing (botanical gardens are fantastic in the summer!). We also drove to Saint Anne de Bellevue for a nice Friday night dinner. This is an older property. The room was very clean and comfortable. The rear terrace could use some cleaning.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

We really enjoy staying there. The service is great. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The owner is very nice. The area is quiet. The lake is not far beautiful area to go for walks. A nice variety of stores within walking distance.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

I had reservations at this property, it was a late check in so they told me there was no one at the reception so they would leave the room door open with key inside, that was ok, but they never told me there was no one at the reception ever. My tv did not work any if the days were there I called by phone to inform, they said they could not do anything about it. Next day I turned on the hair blower and knocked out my electricity, I went to the office and it was closed so I called on the phone again, they said they had to wake up the person and they would call back. After a while someone called and started to give me instructions on the phone when that didn't work they said they would come over in a while. Then I did not have hot water for the longest time. The rooms were very old and smelled like someone had smoked a whole carton of cigarettes. The day I left I went to check out at 10 am and the office was closed again, so I left the key in the room and the door unlocked the way I found it. Two things were good that was location and always clean towels. I had reservations for June and I am cancelling them. Very old and outdated. So sad.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family