All reviews the owner wi fi downtown montreal great value room was clean motel tv water door st kitchenette couple channels lodging metro rear usa
Reviewed 23 August 2017

We stayed in an "economy kitchenette" room, and it met our need for convenience to downtown Montreal and a place to prepare our own breakfasts. We made dinner in the room one night, too. The location (in a suburb of Montreal) worked out well for us: we were able to take a regional bus (exact change; it passes in front of the motel), connecting the Metro, for city site seeing (botanical gardens are fantastic in the summer!). We also drove to Saint Anne de Bellevue for a nice Friday night dinner. This is an older property. The room was very clean and comfortable. The rear terrace could use some cleaning.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

We really enjoy staying there. The service is great. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The owner is very nice. The area is quiet. The lake is not far beautiful area to go for walks. A nice variety of stores within walking distance.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

I had reservations at this property, it was a late check in so they told me there was no one at the reception so they would leave the room door open with key inside, that was ok, but they never told me there was no one at the reception ever. My tv did not work any if the days were there I called by phone to inform, they said they could not do anything about it. Next day I turned on the hair blower and knocked out my electricity, I went to the office and it was closed so I called on the phone again, they said they had to wake up the person and they would call back. After a while someone called and started to give me instructions on the phone when that didn't work they said they would come over in a while. Then I did not have hot water for the longest time. The rooms were very old and smelled like someone had smoked a whole carton of cigarettes. The day I left I went to check out at 10 am and the office was closed again, so I left the key in the room and the door unlocked the way I found it. Two things were good that was location and always clean towels. I had reservations for June and I am cancelling them. Very old and outdated. So sad.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank nikki0917
Reviewed 30 November 2016

In the nineteen-fifties, west-island Montreal was filled with summer cottages owned by people from the city. Chalets Beaconsfield seems to be a relic of that era, though there appear to be a couple of newer structures. Our room appeared to be one of the originals, though it was equipped with two comfortable queen-sized beds, plus a mini-fridge, microwave oven, and a wall-mounted flat screen TV. With wires running all over the place, it felt a little like living in a Rube Goldberg contraption! Our unit could do with fresh paint, a bathroom makeover, and new baseboard heaters, and the bedside lamp appeared to be an original from the 'forties or 'fifties, though it worked! We had read some very negative reviews, but Roy, the new manager, was warm in his welcome, and the housekeeping person (his sister, who runs the place with him?) came around on our second day to make sure we had everything we needed, and was also very friendly. Apparently, the original owner retired fairly recently, and Les Chalets Beaconsfield is now corporately owned. They have done well by their new management, who have only been there a couple of months. In short, despite the eccentricities of our accommodation, we were comfortable, and the price was right. But I would suggest that the new owners invest a little in fresh paint and other upgrades, while keeping the charm and affordability of this property. And I hope they make every effort to keep the current staff. Would we stay there again? Yes.

Room Tip: All are ground floor. Some newer than others.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PeterDavison61
Reviewed 5 September 2016

Finding lodging on the West Island can be difficult if you don't want to stay in an airport hotel or in Vaudreuil. This was more affordable than any other option, and more conveniently located too, right on Rue Lakeshore. It was clean and was perfectly satisfactory. Our room had a table with two chairs, a twin bed and a full bed, a TV, a mini-fridge, a coffee pot, and a small bathroom. It also had a small back patio. There is free wi-fi, also.

Room Tip: 109 has twin beds, and is at the end where it is quietest.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family