“Wifi/plug and food”

and 1 more site!
Innkeeper's Lodge Basingstoke
Ranked #2 of 2 Oakley B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 April 2017

Beautifully set in the countryside on the edge of Basingstoke.
Black hairs in the plug hole. Pulled them and OMG I felt sick with the amount that came up.
Waitress service; only takes your order and then your given an alarm. When it buzzes you go up and collect your food. I ordered Carvery - meat dry apart from the gammon which was lovely but and meal warm not hot. My friends carvery was the same and she had different meat.
Wifi unable to connect. Even the bar man said that we would be lucky! Says it all hey. Even our IT bobs couldn't get connected.
We arrived back in Tim and just before last orders only to find the place in darkness. Annoyed as the party we were at went on till 1230am but we thought we come back and support the pub. Luckily we had a bottle in the room to share with 7 people.
Breakfast is only continental and if you require a cooked breakfast you have to pay more. Breakfast is served between 8 - 930am, however they serve breakfast to the the general public for longer....
Overall the bed was comfortable and we had a goodnight sleep, they just need to brush and sparkle up a little.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
General Manager A, General Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge Basingstoke, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, and am sorry to hear you encountered some housekeeping issues, rest assured these will be addressed. We are also pleased to let you know that our current wifi, which we have had issues with of late is due to be replaced with a system far faster that we have currently have. I'm sorry we were unable to accommodate you for a late night drink on return from your party, however the bar is only licensed to sell alcohol until 11pm, and therefore by law we have to close the bar down at this time. I am pleased to hear you had a good nights sleep with us.

Reviewed 18 April 2017

Customer Service not a strong point, to check in we were told to go to the bar as the lady at the reception was going off duty, really.

The room was basic although the wood work in the bathroom had seen better days. There is no sound proofing between the rooms as we could hear everything that happened in the room next door. We booked a twin room which only had one large towel for two people, just a well we had taken towels ourselves.

The breakfast, well I use that term very loosely, the continental breakfast was included in the price, however, if your a diabetic I would take your own. The cooked breakfast you had to pay extra for £4.95 I think, to be honest I would not have paid 49p for it. We decided to go to the Spruce Goose for breakfast what a difference.

The free Wifi what a joke that was, a snail moved faster than the Wifi downloaded.

It was an experience one that will not be repeated.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank christine19572017
General Manager A, General Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge Basingstoke, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

Reviewed 18 April 2017

The staff were friendly, the room was a bit dated but clean and tidy, went for the great balls of fire pizza, can you handle the heat, sorry to stay I have had warmer soup. bar is warm & friendly, don't think I would stay again sorry.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm sorry to hear the 'great balls of fire' pizza did not live up to your expectations, the ghost chilli sauce has been known to bring tears to peoples eyes, so perhaps we needed to add some more chilli sauce for you. I'm pleased to hear the team looked after you and I will pass this on to them.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

My husband and I booked in here for 1 night as were attending a wedding in the area.
They were helpful as allowed us to check in early because of the time of the wedding & must be praised for always having very hot water. Room was basic but bed comfortable but walls so thin that the person next door kept us awake with the snoring.
Free WiFi no wonder could not pick it up no doubt due to being in a very poor reception area
Continental breakfast included in the price but very basic and why were the hot drinks right at the other end of the dinning room to where the breakfast was laid out.
but I guess this all comes down to what you pay

But clearly some staff have little idea of how to treat customers along with some other friends all attended the same wedding and chose this place to stay at but we all booked as separate couples.
Three of the couples made a point of asking when the bar closed we were all told the same thing last orders at 22.50 bar closes at 23.00, so we all agreed to round the day off we would meet in the bar for a final drink.
When we returned at 22.40 we were told that as no one had been into the bar so they had decided to close at 22.00. When we and others complained it was a shrug of the shoulders as if to say tough, they then said the till had been closed, we asked if we could at least buy a couple of bottles of wine and were were quite happy to pay cash there and then so it could be rung in the next day answer was no .
what a way to run a business, you clearly benefit from Weddings held near by , with this attitude you do not deserve to reap the benefits and I hope that people who read this review will consider carefully if this Pub / lodge really caters for their needs.

Room Tip: Check that Wifi is really available as in some rooms it is not
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 1 night midweek.
I checked in at 7pm and once all formalities were dealt with I was given the key to my room.
Excellent room with tv and coffee/tea making facilities.
Very clean accommodation and excellent size bathroom with shower.
I decided to eat in the pub restaurant which is attached to the lodge.
Good choice of food and very tasty.
Staff more than willing to help with any problems you may have.
Overall experience was very good, 8/10.
Room, 9/10.
Bed 10/10, the best nights sleep I've ever had in a hotel, very comfortable and the surrounding area is peaceful and picturesque.
Would certainly stay again.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
General Manager A, General Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge Basingstoke, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review, it is much appreciated. I'm really pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and the team and I look forward to seeing you in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakley
6.9 km away
1.1 km away
Oakley Hall Hotel
Oakley Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Oakley

Been to Innkeeper's Lodge Basingstoke? Share your experiences!