“Short in flavor.”

Price range: US$6 - US$21
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Il Mercato - a truly authentico Italiano trattoria. Experience the very best of Italian food, wine and service. Our handmade dishes are made with passione, using the finest, freshest ingredients from Italian and local producers. Everything - from the music, the scenes, the focaccia to the gelato, even the pottery and lighting - are tutto Italiano!
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Pizza was too spicy ..scallops lacked flavor but werec perfectly cooked. Salmon was good and the asparagus Alfredo was so so.
We don't plan on going again. For the type of restaurant this is we expected optimal flavor in our dishes.

Reviewed 3 July 2018

I was treated with an excellent meal with red wine, great conversation and a happy table that loved the dining experience

1  Thank Ivan V
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Referred by a business associate. Not far from the airport. Loved the atmosphere and the food was flavourful and well portioned. Staff was friendly and managed to get us a table without reservations.
It's no wonder that it is a very busy place. I recommend reservations.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

We visited on a Friday at 5PM and were able to get a the last available table. Plan ahead and make a reservation as it always seems busy.

Our drinks, appetizers and main course all came along in timely fashion with some elegant flair despite the overflowing restaurant and building lineup of people waiting to get in. We were in and out in 75 minutes and did not feel rushed at all (we wanted to get in and out).

Reviewed 1 June 2018

Il Mercato is a restaurant I tried in the Sunny Side Mall in Bedford, NS. It is an Italian restaurant with a very modern twist. The service was very quick and the staff was very attentive, polite and accommodating. The pasta and the salads, that were unlike anything I’ve ever had, were delicious. I would definitely recommend the Fettuccine Asparagus. For dessert, they had incredible sweets such as Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake. It is a little bit expensive, however I would definitely recommend it to anyone. Finally, the restaurant is very pretty. I love natural light, which is probably my favourite part of this restaurant because there were a lot of windows.