“great outdoor patio on a nice day”
Review of Finbar's Irish Pub

Finbar's Irish Pub
Ranked #4 of 77 Restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 September 2018

Outdoor patio in the summer is great.
We had burgers(very good)and some had Fish and chips.also very good,but small portion.
Outside in the summer is much nicer,than inside as it can get quite noisy.
Service was also very good and very attentive to your needs.

Reviewed 14 August 2018

I recently went to Finbar's Irish Pub and ordered the Rubenesque sandwich, which I had forgotten that I had ordered before and swore I would never order again. I rediscovered why.

Let's start with the positive aspects of lunch. Everything from the nachos, deep fried pickles, burgers, fries that the other people in my party were great! The dipping sauces had just the right amount of bite (spice) and the portions were spot on. However, the Rubenesque (their take on a Rueben sandwich) was a huge disappointment. While the flavours of the corned beef/pastrami they used were fabulous, the meat was cut far too thick and the marble rye cut too thin. The meat was so thick that you couldn't chew through it and ended up ripping it out of the sandwich, which was sloppy and messy. I looked like someone who had forgotten the niceties of table manners! Suggestion to the restaurant if they read this review. Please shave your meat. The quantity is fine, but it needs to be more delicately cut for the sandwich. The bread would also benefit by being slightly thicker so that the sauce and meat don't dissolve it. But as I mentioned, the flavours were there, once I removed the meat from my sandwich and cut it with a knife and fork!

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Arrived for a guys night out, we sat inside on a busy evening and it was pretty loud even for us. Service was very helpful and friendly and each dish was very good but prices were a bit over average if you ask me... we would surly come back though !

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

My in laws, spouse & baby had a lovely dinner. The waitresses were fantastic, the food came very quickly, good selection of beer & great ambiance. The fish & chips was good & the curry was fantastic! This would be a great place for a date.

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Great beer and maritime cuisine. Friendly staff, food reasonably priced, lots of parking, close to shopping mall.

Date of visit: May 2018