“Oasis of excellent Italian food in a desert of Greek restaurants ”

Trattoria del Vento
Ranked #21 of 61 Restaurants in Kefalos
Price range: US$4 - US$41
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

This is authentic Italian food prepared by a great Italian cook who knows the art of combining ingredients in lovely meals. The Greek restaurants in kefalos are ok but if you want some variation during your stay, don't hesitate and go for this one. Also best cappuccino in town!

Reviewed 4 July 2017

We popped in with our parents to this place and were so glad we did. I had previously walked past it and not bothered as it looked quite quiet but that could be said for most places in Kefalos. We simply liked the look of it that day so in we went. It is stunning inside. Nothing Greek about it. It's extremely stylish with shells and surf boards and old logs strewn around. It's really very tasteful and has clearly had someone with an eye for detail on the case.
The cheery young Italian waiter took our order and presented us with pre nibbles and the best red wine I might ever have tasted. Certainly in Greece. And it was local. I think it was called Rosemary. Anyway. The food here is amazing. Its cooked to order and totally fresh. I was on a budget at the time and went for the cheapest main on the menu Spaghetti with Garlic Oil. Wow..... It was simply divine. My parents went for sea bream and were delighted not only with the taste and presentation but also the size of the portions. If you are hungry and you want fish done to perfection...Eat here!!!
Like most of the places in this resort it is family run and the chef is the owner and we met his wife as she was over visiting from Italy. They are extremely proud of what they do here and rightly so. We returned a week later and had the same again and were again completely blown away by the food and wine. It certainly wasn't a one off. It can get a little busy here with large booking of Italians but trust me that's a good thing. If they eat here then you know it's good. Before I left Kefalos I popped in with a gift of a bottle of Raki as that is what the chef likes to drink and he gave me a tour of his professional kitchen and promised to teach me how to cook a few dishes when I return next year. Can't wait.
They have it so right here whether you are the only diner in the place or one of many. Go. You'll thanks me.

Reviewed 25 June 2017

We were not sure whether to give this place a try or not. However, we were pleased we eventually did go in. It's inside so no tables were in use outside. The interior is a bizarre but pleasing design of driftwood as decoration and lots of empty alcohol bottles! Very modern and airy. The plates and cutlery were also very modern. The food was amazing and delicious. We ordered a starter each but there was also a complimentary starter which consisted of two kinds of cheese, a tomato sauce, walnut and honey topping for one of the cheeses, green pepper in garlic, carrots and hard bread pieces. For starter, I had an Italian salad and then fish with grilled eggplant. and hubby had smoked herring with orange for starter and then penne with minced sausage for main. we had a wonderful white wine and at the end, there was a shot of drink with honey and cinnamon. This was all wonderfully presented and full of flavour. Everything was explained to us when we asked questions about what it all was. My advice to anyone visiting this restaurant is however if you have a nut allergy, walnuts were on a few things. Check before you order if walnuts come with the dish because they are sprinkled unexpectedly.

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

We first visited Trattoria del Vento in August 2016. We experienced great service and incredible food on many occasions so we enquired about having our wedding party there the following year. As the months passed we were busy exchanging emails and planning for the event. We agreed a wonderful menu of Italian delights to accompany grilled meats and fish. Along with drinks and music. Nothing was too much trouble for Tiziana and Alessandro and their team. The event was incredible. We had 40 guests and every single one of them raved at how brilliant it was we were so happy! We partied the night away.These people are great their food and hospitality is second to none and we will continue to visit year after year and know that our friends and family will too. You must visit if you are in Kefalos!!

1  Thank Sally N
Reviewed 1 June 2017

Very tasty food, especially seafood and pasta. Friendly staff, pretty design and fine decorated dishes. It always available to take light lunch or delicious dinner there.
Any time I have visited Kefalos, I have visited Trattoria too.
Thanks for Alessandro and the crew for this good place.