Las Batuecas(La Alberca)
Al-Bereka Camping(La Alberca)
Dona Teresa(La Alberca)
Apartamentos Anita(La Alberca)
TripAdvisor
Hostal La Alberca(La Alberca)
TripAdvisor
Hostal San Blas(La Alberca)
  • Bar/Lounge
La Balsa(La Alberca)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe main hotelde lospueblo inglesminute walkjunior suitespacastlelunchvillagesuggestionoccasionsensecarsenvironmentdecorationterrazaprivilege
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We stayed in a "De Luxe Villa" - with 2 bedrooms. Very comfortable bedrooms and bathrooms but the "modern" furniture in the living room was unbelievably tacky, unbelievably unattractive and so uncomfortable. In fact the MOST uncomfortable sofa and armchairs I have ever tried to sit in!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Fiona S
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Our original reservation for our one-day stay in La Alberca was for the Hotel Doña Teresa. A few days before our arrival, we were informed that “… there was a problem with our reservation and we now were booked at Hotel Abadía De Los Templarios. We looked up this second hotel and saw mixed reviews but did not want to start changing reservations in this small town.

Hotel Abadía De Los Templarios is a very large facility with a number of outlaying cottages and a large main building intended to look like a castle of the Knights Templar.

Neither of the pleasant young ladies at the reception offered any help with our luggage other than to point out a wheeled cart. We parked the car in the garage, got the cart onto the small elevator and got our luggage to the reception. Our room was not ready, so we left our luggage and went into the charming village of La Alberca for lunch.

Upon our return to Hotel Abadía De Los Templarios, our bags have been placed on the floor in our room. When we asked for a second luggage rack, we were told that none was available. We used a chair.

Supposedly, there is Wi-Fi in the rooms, but the Ethernet cable provided does not have a compatible port on my relatively new H-P laptop. I was stuck using the wireless wife available in the bar and lobby.

When I returned to our room after struggling with the snail-paced Wi-Fi, my wife was uncomfortable with the temperature of the room. We opened the French doors leading to a balcony. That was a BIG MISTAKE. Until we left Hotel Abadía De Los Templarios the next morning, we were swatting flies in droves … even after closing the doors to the balcony. When I telephoned reception, I was told that the air conditioning has been turned off for the winter, and to open the window. NO WAY.

After some time, a person for the hotel arrived, unannounced, opened a box of circuit breakers and cut the power to the heat. That didn’t help. We spent a sleepless night was flies buzzing around our heads.

We arrived for our self-serve, buffet breakfast at about 9:30 AM. There are two large dining rooms that likely hold 150 people each. Each dining room was about 2/3 full. Other than the lady who asked for our room number, there was only one server for both rooms. The buffet looked like the locusts had arrived with no one to replenish the buffet. The noise level was deafening.

No assistance was available to assist with loading our luggage so I found the wheeled cart, loaded up our bags, pushed the cart across the lobby as the elevator near our room does not go to the parking, and loaded up our car. I even returned to cart.

Hotel Abadía De Los Templarios shows four stars at the entrance. I cannot understand how such a fly-trap (literally) could support four stars.

Room Tip: Be the heat/air conditioning is turned on.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Mel_Paris
Reviewed 20 September 2013

In September I had the absolute pleasure of particpating at Pueblo Ingles and staying for a week in Villa 2. My 2-Bedroom Villa was shared with another Pueblo Ingles Participant. We were both completely happy with the accommodations. The villa was clean and quiet and had beautiful views of the surrounding countryside from every window. If the weather hadn't been perfect I might be telling you more about the lovely fireplace.

The hotel, the villas, the food, the pool and the grounds were all beautiful. We also enjoyed the 30 minute walk into town by way of the trail. I think it would be an easy walk for any person of any age.

The 1st thing I did upon returning home to California was to make arrangements to return for 3 weeks during November and December. As a native born Californian spoiled with great weather I'll let you know how that goes.

Room Tip: I stayed in Villa 2. I visited several villas and they were all similar with just a few slight variations. The views from my villa were excellent. My bathroom was slightly larger than the bathroom in my daughter's villa. Though I think every villa is a close walk to all the amenities Villa 2 was closest to the entrance onto the grounds; therefore, it was farther from the hotel, spa, pool, etc. That is better or worse based on your personal preference.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
6  Thank Saguine
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Last March, I spent two weeks in La Alberca at Abadia de los Templarios with Pueblo Inglés, and it was a pleasant experience. In a geographical area steeped in cultural history, this very modern resort is nicely juxtaposed. The facilities are made to look historic with the castle turret and surroundings. I concur with other reviewers regarding the fine villas. Unfortunately for me it was a very chilly (cold!) March and the heating system in my downstairs private villa area was not working properly for two days, but when it was finally fixed, it was toasty. I spent a day at the on premises pool/spa and enjoyed a massage, but the normally soft, new Age spa background music was decidedly different: country western! In any event, it was a great experience. The pool at the spa has a glass dome above it and a variety of smaller spa pools surrounding the larger one, for various purposes. In March, the outdoor pool was out of the question, and although I was not able to walk the paths and enjoy the beautiful outdoors extensively, the views from the property are exquisite. It is also very reassuring to see 'green engineering' in use: solar panels and grass-finished roof over the large banquet area.
A positive comment regarding meals: there was a variety of tasty local cuisine represented in the dining offerings, something I truly appreciate when visiting another part of the world. Also, the nearby (within walking distance) pueblo La Alberca is a beautiful medieval town that is very welcoming to visitors. About an hour away by car is Salamanca, not to be missed for at least a one day visit!

Room Tip: Villas are on the side of the hill and all offer views of the rural area.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank dramom
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We were actually at this resort as "Anglos" with Pueblo Ingles, so not resident at the Hotel as such. We stayed in bungalows in the stunning grounds. No 19 was right at the bottom, so our views across the mountains was uninterrupted.
The rooms had 2 reasonably comfortable beds, a private bathroom for each of the 2 bedrooms, and a lounge with fridge and a TV. The finish of the rooms was not luxurious, for example only 5 coat hangars in the wardrobe and no hairdrier, but they were charming.
We visited the main hotel a couple of times, right up the hill, and the staff there were pleasant and friendly - not what we could say for the particular "Pueblo Ingles" staff!
The food in our area was average, with a distinct lack of fresh vegetables and fruit.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business