See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 December 2016

The hotel is located in beautiful & relaxing location. Ideal place for business and personal stay. The staff are decent with a warm welcome. Castle veiw from the balcony is a popular one. A walk through local shops a must visit.

Room tip: Choose a room with fort view
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

This was my second time in Poppi (business trip as usual ).

Every time I visit poppi the first thing that comes to my mind is Park Hotel !!!

Cozy rooms, very warm people at the reception, astonishing view to Castello ..., is has all the package !!!

The restaurant serves traditional Italian plates plus the best Italian pizza I've ever eaten!!!

I recommend this hotel by all means !

The only thing that has to be fixed is the low Internet reception inside the room.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2016

This was our second stay at Parc Hotel and remain satisfied with this establishment. We stayed two years prior, and things haven't changed, which is comforting. The front desk staff are polite, but a little short, however the cleaning staff couldn't be more warm, happy, polite and accommodating. Bed and bathroom accommodations are sufficient. It could all be updated, but are fine for the stay. The location is great, about a 15 minute walk to the castle, on a worn cobblestone path. I made the walk a few times with a 1 year old and 3 year old. It's not a difficult walk, but it does take some stamina, especially in the hot sun. The path was a bit steep for my 1 year old to navigate, but my 3 year old nearly ran up the entire way. The breakfast is a simple but sufficient spread. My only complaint is the air conditioning in our room didn't really work. First, we needed to talk to the front desk to have it turned on. After it was turned on, it seemed to operate more like a fan on a low setting. Air was sort of pushed around the room, but it wasn't cold. We needed to keep our patio door open to keep cool. One night a group of 20+ kids eating at the restaurant adjacent to the hotel were hanging out in the hotel/restaurant parking lot. It was about 11 pm and they were very noisy. I can't fault the hotel for this, but because our doors were open to keep cool, it kept us up. Despite the noise and A/C issues, we'd still stay here again if we plan another visit to Poppi.

Room tip: Rooms facing pool have a great view of the castle
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2015

Poppi is a quiet town in the hills away from Florence we arrived after a very hot day cycling to be welcomed by the staff and a decent sized pool, the restaurant attached to the Parc was more than adequate and informal. Always ask about wearing shorts in restaurants. The castle forms a backdrop and is worth a visit as it is popular with the locals. Taxis are limited so you will have to walk.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Nice, clean hotel at a decent price. Breakfast was a typical English spread with pastries, meats, yogurt, cereal, and eggs could be ordered. Coffee machine was great. Wonderful staff. On the morning we left, we checked out at 5 am, and breakfast is not open until 7 am. The overnight gentleman on staff provided us with pastries, yogurt, biscuits, cappuccino and juice. I didn't catch his name, but he he was particularly kind throughout our stay, especially to our 1 year old son and called him his "little friend". Hotel is nicely situated on main road, quick 7 minute walk to the train station and 20 minute walk to the castle. There are pedestrian paths to take to the castle that are steep and are made of large uneven cobblestones. Not the easiest walk, but I could do it carrying my 23 lb son. Our only complain was that the AC didn't work for three days of our stay. We never raised the issue until the last night, when they flipped a switch at the front desk to turn it on. Had we mentioned something earlier, I'm sure we would've had AC our entire stay. WiFi works okay and was a little slow. Lost connectivity the last day and was a bit spotty at times, but it was still nice to have.

Room tip: Check with front desk if AC is not working.
Date of stay: June 2014