All reviews club paradise coron island tour boat ride table tennis hiking trail infinity pool siete picados dugong dive center walk in closet karaoke room busuanga airport main restaurant secluded island water activities fish feeding kayangan lake paddle boards
Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Great spot but a bit isolated.
Top spot for a relaxing stay - be aware you are a captive audience but - once your there you are stuck there -thats not a bad thing as the food is good and the alcohol prices arent too bad either.
You come to places like this and you expect to pay a bit more bur honestly I couldnt complain
Highly recommended if you want a relaxing stay

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

We booked this hotel for the end of our stay for relaxation and some peace and quite to end our stay in the Philippines and man was it amazing!
I was a little hesitant after reading a few bad reviews on TripAdvisor but we had already booked everything and decided to just try it and man am I glad that I didn’t listen to the previous reviews!
We had no problems with the island transfer and to get to the resort. We also had no problems with our room or the food.
I had high expectations for our stay and they exceeded all of them. The hotel staff makes you feel so special and welcomed. They are all so kind and hospitable. We felt so relaxed and refreshed after our time here. We were not ready to leave
And for those of you who need adventure there are lots of tours and various options that the resort offers for you to keep you entertained
My personal favorite part was the massage! It was right there on the ocean and it was the best massage we had in the Philippines I highly suggest it
All and all if you are considering a stay at el rio I most definitely recommend it! You won’t regret it

Stayed: March 2018
2  Thank katie_bergmann
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

I recommend this hotel for the hassle free trip.

Upon arriving from the airport, a private van will pickup you up and bring you to the small secluded port around 15minutes away. There, you will ride a boat going to the hotel. The boat trip is relaxing. You will pass a silent river surrounded by lust mangroves. The 20minutes boat ride offers complimentary light snack.

A welcome song of the staff will greet you upon arrival plus fruit shake and cold towel. Maria gave us orientation which i believe is essential to maximize the guest stay.

We were escorted to our huge room with priceless view of the sea. Toiletries are provided. The comfort room is also big. I like the free flowing of drinking water. In a tropical beach hotel, free drinking water is a huge savings.

They are provide complimentary use of non motorized equipment. We enjoyed the kayak and paddle boats. We are also fortunate that they have complimentary use of snokling googles and life vest. You should grab the opportunity to see thousands of fishes just within the jetty port. My two sons can also ask for rice at the bartender for fish feeding.

Their food is delicious and affordable. 300-600pesos per dish is reasonable for sharing. Special mention to their bread is simply fresh and the best. If only i can shake the hands of their chef for a job well done. Their crispy kare kare and shawarma are my recommendation.

Food and beverage staff are very attentive. When my son accidentally tumble his water. They quickly fix it. Special mention to Ton who initiate conversation and made us comfortable in the restaurant. I also want to compliment jay jay. When 2 japanese guest ask for lighter, he made a way to find one. And when he did, the japanese offerred him cigarette which he politely refuse. It only show how decent staff they have and not take advantage of their guest.

Every guest should avail the kayangan, barracuda, siete picados, twin lake tour. Price depends on the numbers of guest participating. Thanks Tet for arranging the tour and lending the phone for follwups. Atfirst, i read reviews that it's pricey compare. However, upon availing the tour, i compared the value for money. Randy served as our guide master and being with him through out the trip made us comfortable and safe. Randy is our knight and shining armor, he never left us. We saw other tour guides chatting with one another or just staying in the boat, Randy is very proffesional. His eyes is always on us. When our Dutch companion swam in the twin lakes. He tailed them and brought their life jackets. He even offered to look after my 2 sons while we snokling around. He even volunteer to carry our bags. What touched me was how fatherly he carried my sons in his arms during hiking. His care is very geniuine and intrinsic. My salute to this gentleman. He is definitely the jewel of the resort.

El Rio y Mar is definitely a hotel i will come back. The warm hospitality of the staff cuts above the rest. It compliments the lazy tide that seat still in the island.

From the simply greetings of maintenance personnel, security, the dynamics of their employees is what made this hotel a paradise.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank Gilbert C
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We have recently returned from an amazing trip to Coron where we stayed at El Rio Y Mar. From the very first moment we arrived on the island we were greeted with a warm welcome from the staff and we knew that we had arrived in paradise! The staff were extremely friendly and couldn't do enough for us during our stay. We had booked one of the cottages along the seafront, the room was very clean and had a lovely rustic feeling to it. We had plenty of drinking water and whenever we required anymore, we just contacted the staff and they would refill our jug for us.

We did the Coron Islands Day Tour which was an excellent day exploring the beautiful islands and lakes of Coron. We visited Kayangan Lake, Barracuda Lake, Siete Picados Marine Park, Maquinit Hot Springs and Coron town – I would highly recommend this tour because we were able to experience so much in just one day.

We also had a massage on the floating spa and it was such an authentic experience, the massage was rest and the whole time you could watch the fish swim below through the hole in the raft! It really was lovely.

There is a short hiking trail around the back of the hotel which we walked one morning. There is an easy route and a difficult route – or as the staff described "hard and harder"! We took the easy route and it only took 20 minutes at a very leisurely pace. The views from the top were beautiful and we could see the whole resort and more. On the way back down we even saw a wild monkey which made my day!

The hotel has plenty of equipment for activities that you can take out free of charge including paddle boards and kayaks which was a lovely extra. They also have snorkelling equipment which we took out and there is plenty to see if you snorkel off the end of the pier. We were lucky enough to see the huge school of fish as well as starfish.

The food at the hotel was lovely and a great selection on the menu – with an even better selection of cakes and desserts! The staff could not do enough for us and the evening of my birthday they gave me a birthday cake and sang happy birthday around our dinner table which was lovely. I felt so relaxed during my whole time at El Rio Y Mar, they had a great selection of cocktails and each evening we sat in the bar on the pier to watch the sunset. I would highly recommend this hotel and would love to return one day.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Louise S
Reviewed 16 March 2018

We stayed at El Rio Y Mar recently and I cannot say enough about the property! its like traveling to another world, the natural beauty of this area is breath taking.
The hotel itself is a gem, they are in a very remote location and still manage to pull off top notch service and great products. the breakfast buffet offers many choices and the restaurant offers great lunch and dinner menus, an all day/night snack menu and even themed event nights like BBQ on the beach. all of this is accomplished by way of an amazing efficient and friendly staff. the tours and other services deliver! took the fishing tour, caught a ton of fish! went Dugong diving, saw Dugongs! the 5 stop island hopping tour was a must see!!! and for divers this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, the ocean and coral are alive and kicking down there!!! I have seen some reviews of el rio y mar complaining that the wifi is not strong and there is no phone or tv... personally that's exactly why I would go back.

Room Tip: cant go wrong with the cabins
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple