All reviews trellis bay one bedroom suite dive bvi pig roast virgin gorda dive shop washer and dryer swim up bar casual restaurant full kitchen every hour st thomas san juan infinity edge honeymoon beach plunge pool ferry ride
Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

This was my 2nd trip to Scrub Island, and 4th to the BVI on a charter boat. Resort is small and lovely if you are looking for a quiet, relaxing getaway. We are in the BVI on a catamaran with 4 couples and stayed in the marina at Scrub for a night. When on a charter boat for a week, it's nice to have an opportunity to stop at a spot like this to refreshen up. I highly recommend it. They have great facilities and a small store to pickup more provisions. We were on day 5 of our trip so we also got more water. We spent the afternoon at the pools (upper and lower) at the swim up bars. We found all the staff to be easy going and friendly--and why not, they live and work in paradise. If you intend to stay here at the resort and desire a little night life or adventure, I recommend looking into excursions to some of the nearby hotspots of the BVI.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Federico C, General Manager at SCRUB ISLAND RESORT, SPA & MARINA, AUTOGRAPH COLLECTION, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2017

Dear BeachyKeen68,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience here with us at Scrub Island Resort.

I was glad to read that we were a great spot for your overnight stay in the marina, and we love to welcome back our guests.

Do not forget that you can earn Marriott Rewards points whilst with us.

Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

This beautiful resort is blessed with a wonderful location. The cocktails are good and the vibe relaxed. Service is great. The water sports are fantastic. It is expensive but a beautiful splurge !!

Two restaurants and a great deli made this a good choice for those wanting flexibility around food.

Pools are gorgeous and the swim up bars are too appealing!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Charlotte L,

Thank you for stopping by whilst sailing in the British Virgin Islands.

I am glad to read that we were the perfect choice for your overnight stay, and I do hope we will be able to welcome you more often in the future.

Reviewed 23 April 2017

The location is stunning - just beautiful. The amenities are wonderful. As my son kept saying "this is paradise".

But....as others have mentioned - the service leaves something to be desired. Ordering anything at one of the onsite restaurants was a 50/50 proposition that the right items would arrive or arrive in a timely manner or with a commitment to making us feel good that we had actually ordered them.

Now - I was prepared to put this down to "island time" and take it that this level of service and engagement was a given - but that's before we went to the Ritz Carlton on St. Thomas where the great service was one of the highlights of our stay.

Everyone was friendly enough - but at times we felt like we were an inconvenience or an afterthought. Not great for the Autograph brand.

Shout outs to Lou the concierge and Jeovanny who works the bar at Tierra Tierra. Both were great.

We had a one bedroom suite with marina view. The room was immaculate and the housekeeping service was top notch.

One thing - if you are older - be prepared - there are a lot of steps at the resort - some are uneven and some are in unexpected locations.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Belvederian

Dear Belvederian,

Thank you for choosing Scrub Island Resort for your recent stay in the British Virgin Islands.

I was sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion, I have shared your feedback with the rest of the team to ensure corrective action is taken to avoid similar circumstances in the future.

I do hope we will have the chance to welcome you back soon,

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed on Scrub for the first time this April and found the island and resort to be an incredibly beautiful and relaxing experience. The views from the island are gorgeous and the resort is well designed to leverage the surrounding beauty. The cuisine at both restaurants is very good. You can also venture to restaurants on Trellis Bay for a change. The Island Last Resort (just off Trellis) is wonderful and has Fire Dancers on Wed night. Because the resort only has 52 rooms, it's never crowded. North beach is a quick shuttle ride away and features loungers built on platforms on the beach. There are also 2 person huts on the beach for those who want to stay out of the sun. They have a bar and lunch there as well. We consistently found everyone at the resort to be very friendly and accommodating. We also ventured off the island to explore Anagada on motor scooters. I recommend the flight over there. It's just 5 minutes and $99 a person. Check out Aragon gallery at Trellis Bay on Tortola which features unique pottery. You can take ferry's to other islands or can just hang out. If you want to really get away then Scrub is for you!!

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MsNottie

Dear MsNottie,

It is fantastic to know you had a relaxing time, and even more by managing to explore other islands. We are only 15 minutes away from Trellis Bay and the airport which gives access to other destinations.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon,

Reviewed 20 April 2017

My wife and I have owned with MVC since 1994, and have typically always stayed MVC properties. While planning our trip to celebrate my 50th birthday, Shannon our vacation advisor with MVC suggested we stay here, and she had me at "private island in the BVI". I am so glad we decided to stay here, as we were able to book a one bedroom Villa overlooking the marina with reward points that we've accrued over the years, rather than our club points.

When we arrived, we were greeted at the dock by a member of the concierge with a tray of rum punch, and we were guided to the front office where we were greeted, check in smoothly, EARLY too I might add, and then while we were given a guided walking tour of the property, another staff member brought our bags to our room, and was waiting for us when we got there.

The staff is extremely attentive, courteous, and professional and they are very accommodating to guests. Upon entry to our Villa, it was spacious, clean, and had every amenity that we could need in our room. Housekeeping came twice daily, and they too were wonderful in bringing us a spare blanket, or more towels, whenever we needed anything. There are three restaurants on site, two swim up pool side bars, and a few pools too. My wife surprised me with a couples Spa treatment too, which was a very pleasant, unexpected surprise too.

It's pricey, as you're on a private island, but simply put, you get what you pay for; and if you're expecting top shelf service, stay here.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Jim C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience here with us.

I was delighted to read that you had a great time, in our beautiful island, and managed to relax and use our facilities. We have a unique setting that really allow guests to escape and unwind.

I do hope we can welcome you back soon, and thank you for your loyalty with Marriott.

Regards