Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 21/06/21
eDreams
FindHotelUS$182
StayForLong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed in the hotel for 4 nights as part of a road trip from Rome to Venice. The grounds of the hotel are amazing and the small village and stony beach are very pretty. The rooms were comfortable and clean the bathroom was just functional it was all a bit dated. The check in was confusing and reception was not clearly marked. It is the only hotel I have ever been where no one offers to help take our bags to the room, so we carried them up two flights of stairs. I would say that the reception staff were helpful and friendly though. Breakfast was ok though for our tastes could have done with more fresh fruit, there is no cooked option but for us that is fine. It is very odd that the bar and restaurant do not let you bill to the room so if you want a drink or snack when at the pool bring cash or if you eat at night the same. Talking of the pool it is run by nazi police disguised as lifeguards- I have never been anywhere where you can not eat or drink while sitting around the pool, no service at all. We bought a sandwich and juice and the life guard was very forceful that this was not allowed- if we wanted to eat he told us to go back to our room! We also inherited a blow up rubber ring from a previous guest which my daughter was floating around on and was told to leave the pool and if she wanted to use the inflatable go to the beach. It's a shame because the pool settings is lovely. There is no Spa though there seemed to be an outcall massage service. The island of Ellba is beautiful but if i ever returned I would not stay at this hotel.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 803mattp
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

I booked this place based on the lovely photos and location. And indeed the appearance of the residence is nice. And the pool is nice. And that's about the end of the positives. The beds are old junk. The room furniture is cheap IKEA garbage. Really uncomfortable couches. No chairs.
No AC !!!!!
Sheets and towels are all paper thin institution grade trash.

Upon arrival you find out that in order to swim in the (admittedly lovely Olympic size) pool you will pay 30 eur/person !!
Also - you can't drink the water !!!!!its horrible metallic tasting. You can't brush your teeth or make coffee with it.

The shower is awful. What plumbing school reject designed this ???

I booked a week stay. Upon arrival I (and other guests) decided the bait and switch was too much and tried to cut the stay short. Well they are totally inflexible on this and charge the entire amount. Welcome to your Mediterranean island prison !! Well in fact you're free to leave but not with all you money.

Please take my advice don't book Residenza Sant’Anna Del Volterraio, it's not a pleasant stay.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Chris L
Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

Our stay was all in all fine. One thing: the private parking places are way too narrow for a big car. We actually had a minor incident with our car because of the not well adapted covered parking place.
The cleaning overall was ok, but the rooms are not vacuum cleaned.
What I could say positive about the place is that the staff is fantastic and very helpful! They helped us with every single question and gave us very nice advices about were to go.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2015

if we could have slept in the management posted photos of the *gardens*, maybe it would have been a different experience. but they don't post photos of the rooms, so be sure to see reviewer photos to see what the actual accommodations look like. if you got a free annual holiday in siberia, they would likely send you to a place that looked very much like this. bare bones, no soap, no amenities, you pay to use the pool 30 euros *per person* (!) on top of paying $200 for a room night. the linens were tatty and stained. the whole placed reeked of trying to make a quick buck in a short tourist season. right down to the front desk reception area which looked more like the place to pay your real estate taxes than a hotel reception area. no offer of help for where to eat, no maps offered, grumpy disinterested "welcome". they are skating by on the garden location alone, which along with the restaurant (run by different operators) are lovely. but americans, aussies and canadians will all be supremely disappointed in these accommodations and price paid for them by first world standards. check ALL traveler room photos , because this property is misleading in their own photos. all the rooms we saw, and the one we stayed in felt like a place to serve out house arrest. seriously outdated, over priced and run down.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank tkd2019
Reviewed 29 July 2015

Upon opening the room an extremely toxic odor flooded out of the rooms. no amount of airing could remove the odor. we took every bit if bedding outside to air. still, my husband had severe asthmatic issues all night and my small dog with a heart condition had two seizures. I strongly suspect they are using illegal pest control substances similar to what happened at Sirenusa in the USVI that caused the family seizures. the smell was just toxic. the front desk manager refused any compensation and charged us for three nights stay in spite if the fact we only stayed one night. after one might in a toxic environment there was no way I was subjecting my family to more nights. travelers with small children and elderly should be very concerned. if we were in the states I would file an EPA complaint after suffering health issues and an unsympathetic hotel staff after an obvious use of extreme chemicals at this property. beyond that poor wifi, front door that did not lock, no soap, etc contributed but those things were minor compared to the health risk.

Date of stay: June 2015