“An Unexpected Gem!”

No. 3 Wine Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Collon
Price range: US$21 - US$61
Description: No. 3 Wine Bar & Restaurant for Fine Food, Great Wines, Delicious Cocktails, Tasty Beers & above all a Relaxed Setting.
Reviewed 14 May 2022

Returning home from holiday we had planned to stop in Slane for lunch only to find our cafe closed, a victim of the pandemic. Headed on to Collon more in hope than expectation and called into No3. The food was amazing, great choices for vegans and coeliacs, and the food was delicious. I had jambalaya with prawns and it was superb, just the right amount of spicey heat. Pamela had the fish and chips with mushy peas and enthused about the fish and batter, which was cooked to perfection.
Will certainly call again and recommend it to friends.

Date of visit: May 2022
Write a reviewReviews (188)

Reviewed 5 April 2022 via mobile

I visited No 3 and was very impressed with the food staff. The place itself is beautiful. Look forward to going back again

Reviewed 28 March 2022 via mobile

First the positives. The food sounded great on the menu. Myself and my wife’s starters were very nice - the mussels and a peanuty salad respectively. All going well. However, we still hadn’t received our main course by 5pm. We sat down at 3.15pm and I’d been told over the phone that we’d the table until 5.15pm. The waitress said “the kitchen is very busy” - but not busy enough to serve other tables who’d arrived long after us their mains before ours.

The mains weren’t worth waiting for. My chickpea curry was aptly named as it seemed to contain just one chickpea (a slight exaggeration, there may have been four), some red pepper and a sauce that was basically tinned tomatoes. I’ve cooked lots of vegan curries recently and this was as bland as possible. My wife’s lamb shank was similarly disappointing. She got it as it mentioned roasted vegetables, of which there were about four pieces. The shank had what seemed to be bisto on it as its sauce. The kids - big pizza and spaghetti bolognese fans did not enjoy theirs, nor finish them.

My wife, out to enjoy Mother’s Day, had a glass of red wine but told and showed waitress it had sediment in it. We were charged for it anyway.

Two of the kids got cookie dough for dessert but it was just a Lidl-like cookie, the ones that are 50 cent. These desserts cost €6.50.

The total bill came to over €160. We felt like we were mugged. We won’t be back.

Reviewed 27 March 2022

We visited as a group after someone recommending it, was quite the spin to get there from wicklow but honestly worth every mile. The service was excellent, everyone smiley, friendly and warm and the menu not only sounded tasty it was absolutely delicious to sample. I've been dreaming of the food since we left and I cannot wait to get back I only wish we lived closer. I've told anyone who will listen about this little gem. Keep up the great work, you are clearly very passionate about the establishment and it shows in every way! See you soon please god

Reviewed 13 March 2022

Dropped in here after visiting Slane Distillery. Clearly popular, and deservedly so. Great food and menu: mussels, tapas, someone in the kitchen loves chorizo (for which we are thankful!).
Just a lovely experience all round. And good value.

1  Thank Fiona S