“Pretty good pasta.”

Ranked #14 of 158 Restaurants in Newtown
Price range: US$7 - US$13
Cuisines: Italian
Neighbourhood: Newtown
Description: Fresh, authentic Italian cuisine prepared and cooked for you before your eyes while you wait.
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Went here for lunch when I was in Newtown and food that the Italian food here is pretty good. Prices not to bad, service was prompt and pleasant here. Really good place.

Reviewed 12 July 2018

We got there at 6:05 and we made a 6:30 movie - that's how quickly the food came out. It's always a little too busy and a little too loud for an intimate dinner, but if you're just wanting a good meal before going on your way, then it's a great choice. If you get there from 6:15 or so, the queues are pretty substantial, so I recommend getting in earlier or much later.

Reviewed 4 July 2018

I have always wondered why this place is so busy, with people queuing to get in as well, so my friends and I tried it last night. First impression, the girl on the cash register was on her mobile phone, I waited, no response, I asked if I needed to order somewhere else .. she told me to wait, and continued scrolling thru her text messages. The food was really average and not priced accordingly. My food was served in a filthy bowl, the rim was completely covered in splattered oil and of course fingerprints from the waiter. Simple food service fail. The restaurant is grotty and noisy and really unwelcoming to sit in This is like the "emperors new clothes" .. i simply do not see why this place is busy. I guess they are lucky with proximity to the cinema and busy IGA foot traffic. I never do these reviews but it was so ordinary that I felt compelled to. Won't be back.

1  Thank Winnerboo
Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

We have been many times and before their renovation the food was excellent, good portion size and quality. It was never cheap but you knew you were getting a good meal.
Since their new renovation a few years back, we can honestly say how very disappointed we are in the portion sizes for such high prices. The pasta dishes come with hardly any sauce (we have to order extra sauce) and their dishes small.
We will not be going back again, time to try their competition.

1  Thank Dutchie001
Reviewed 28 June 2018

The staff are friendly. You order and pay for your meal prior to sitting down. Once you have paid you received a table number and staff will bring the food to you. You find your own seating and help yourself to cutlery and tap water.
I had the board special lamb ragu and fettuccine. My friend had the prawn risotto. Both were yummy and fresh.
Meal portions are large. The decor is plain but nice. The atmosphere was good during the lunch period.