“Best smoked meats in Sydney”

Bovine & Swine Barbecue Co.
Ranked #9 of 133 Restaurants in Newtown
Neighbourhood: Newtown
Neighbourhood: Newtown
Reviewed 14 October 2016

The standout is the food, smoked perfectly. The guy that runs this not only knows how to smoke good meat, but also provide great customer service and create a friendly place that makes you want to return. His passion and hard work is evident.

Reviewed 15 September 2016

I had the brisket sandwich which was unbeatable. Nothing else matters really but here goes: friendly service, very quick, scruffy sort of place really, bit pricey but worth it for such great food. I would definitely go again.

Reviewed 14 September 2016

Seating not great but manageable. The food more than makes up for that however, we arrived at 6.30 and 2 items had already sold out but what we were able to choose from was still amazing, the beef brisket was an incredible taste.

Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

We went to Bovine and Swine last night, around 7:00pm.

The BBQ was delicious albeit slightly expensive for the quantity of food. Having said that, I don't mind paying for good food.

Very casual atmosphere with limited seating but really delicious BBQ. Felt like I was back in America!

Probably the only disappointment was that a large portion of the menu was sold out prior to 7pm! For instance, there was no Mac and cheese, chicken or lamb etc.

The only meats left were brisket, pork ribs, chopped pork and beef ribs.

Overall, really tasty food. I will come back. However, if they continue to sell out of the majority of the menu by dinner time I won't become a regular.

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

Wow, what great meat. This place is not much to look at, with shared seating and stools, plastic cutlery and eating off trays. But the meat is big, juicy, seasoned beautifully, and amazingly tasty.

I've had bbq in Memphis, San Antonio and Nashville and this is just as good. The smokiness and tenderness is not to be missed. The system is simple. Pick your meats by weight or pick a combo plate, it's served up quickly and at the perfect temperature and Tuck in. The pork rib is meaty and lovely, the brisket was so tender it didn't need a knife to cut and had a lovely salt and pepper crust but the chefs choice was the pulled lamb. Wow that was gooood. My daughter loved her pulled pork sandwich and demolished it. The mac'n'cheese is great too.

On the negative side;
My wife's beef short rib was overly fatty however and the slaw was a little too dry and it's not a cheap eat having cost my $125 for 2 adults and 2 children.

However, I'm definitely going back because I downright loved it!!!!