“9pm Sunday night”

Ranked #61 of 152 Restaurants in Newtown
Neighbourhood: Newtown
Neighbourhood: Newtown
Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

We popped in after several afternoon wines in an unplanned visit.
They were pretty quiet but had been crazy busy all day which explains why they were out of fries which was no big deal as we just wanted a burger.
The guys behind the counter were super friendly.
We both ordered a Cheese and Bacon burger and I have to say it was really, really good. The bun was super soft, the lettuce crisp, tomato sweet, bacon smokey, cheese melty, what more could you ask for.
We loved it and we will be back

1  Thank moleandbird

Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

What's going on...... waiting extra time for our order....waiting for our sides.....not even busy yet.... omg......what is it like when it's busy? Get more staff!

Reviewed 26 July 2016

Very disappointed with my first burger experiencer at Jack's, It's a clinically cold room-no atmosphere at all. All the burgers come with cheese ????. I asked for one without and asked for bacon. The result was a very small but quite tasty burger @ $12. There was a pathetically small strip of bacon. I asked for sauce-they wanted $2 extra . Forget it.The crinkle cut chips ($5) were hot and crunchy but I had to ask for more salt-there is none on the table. They weren't bad. Will give this one more try before I go back to Moo.

Reviewed 22 June 2016

I don't get the hype... The burger itself for $15 was ok, no real complaints apart from the soggy bun and a little on the small side.$5 for fries is just ridiculous! Absolutely fine if they were the best fries ever but for some crappy crinkle cut one not so worth it! However the worst bit was the Jack's sauce for $2 a pop for a tiny pot of sauce! So overrated, such a shame they have taken advantage of the hype but not in the right way.. Being lazy and over priced! $44 for 2 burgers with fries. Will not be returning

Reviewed 5 June 2016 via mobile

My boy needed a burger on his birthday following some indoor rock climbing , what else right! So after a quick search came up with Jack's as the best option and it did not let us down.
Quick friendly service , good tasty burgers , good mix of meat in the patty and quality ingredients. Fries also good and portion size good , no shakes on the day was a let down but hopefully this was only temporary .
Will be heading back for sure.