All reviews dodgy dock street food cooking class rum tasting grand anse beach small kitchenette daily shuttle dive shop dive trip view of the bay spent a week hired a car local dishes dive school relaxing holiday close to the airport island tour
Reviewed 31 October 2012

Went to Grenada as a last minute trip while getting good recommendations from others about the island. I came across True Blue Bay online. The hotel is tucked in behind St. George's University and offers a lot due to the location. The hotel itself is very original the lobby is open and inviting. I can't say how great the staff was. I was offered directions, ways to commute locally, and places to check out by all the staff members. The dodgy Dock offers great entertainment. Due to proximity near the university when night falls student come to dine and dance. A different menu and vibe every night keeps you intrigued and the drinks...well stout. Free kayak/hobbycat allows you to traverse the bay and is a great way to spend a few hours.

Room Tip: Rooms by the pool offer a great view at sunset.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2012

True Blue Bay Resort can only be described as one-of-a-kind. There are no cookie cutter elements here, and everything one encounters feels unique, from the villas to the restaurant and bar, the amenities, and the outstanding staff. It's the kind of place you always hope for, and in this case you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank skyhoosier
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Having visited True Blue Bay for lunch on my last trip to Grenada I was determined to spend a little more time there on my next visit. This is one of the most beautiful, tranquil places I have ever visited. The "dodgy dock" bar and restaurant sits right over the water where you can sit and gaze at the Caribbean blue waters with yachts dotted around.

We had a Sea View room which while located at the rear of the property near the road was quiet and private and did offer views of True Blue Bay from the veranda. The room was huge with a super king size bed, kitchette and bathroom with a really good shower. The decor is simple and elegant - air conditioning and a ceiling fan provided.

Breakfast (included in our rate) was served buffet style with fruit, juice, cereal, pastries and eggs cooked to order - it was perfect.

We ate dinner at the Dodgy Dock on Friday evening (Mexican night) with Lime Margueritas on special offer, the meal was incredible with lots of choice on the menu. We were entertained by a band (with steel drums and saxaphone) and professional dancers. It was a brilliant evening.

I couldn't recommend this hotel enough for a truely (ops) Caribbean experience.

When in Grenada don't forget to visit Gouyave a small fishing town approx 15 miles north of St George's on the west coast of the island where you can visit the nutmeg processing pool. Gouyave also has a great tradition of Fish Friday where every Friday evening you can enjoy the party atmosphere and have your dinner at the fish stalls on one street in the town.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2012 via mobile

This is an amazing place with cheerful quirky colors, good food, beautiful surroundings and the most wonderful staff of any resort I have ever visited! I developed two ear infections and the staff arranged a house call from a Dr., went out to fill my prescriptions and called me several times to check on my condition. Truly wonderful caring people. My daughter is at the vet school at SGU and this is my fourth stay at True Blue Bay. I would never stay anywhere else in Grenada! The lovely owners are always present and the staff remember your name after the first visit!!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 16 October 2012

I stayed here and plan to return several more times. The staff are very courteous. The accommodations were wonderful. The cooking classes that were included in the stay were fun and delicious. I stayed here because my daughter is in Veterinarian School at St. Georges. It's close and walking distance to the University. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. If you're a diver the dive staff were very professional.

Room Tip: The Indigo rooms were nice and spacious and quaint
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family