“Assumingly Aspris”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 August 2015 via mobile

Thursday night visit in August was "Cyprus night". Fixed menu of Mezze for adults and choice of fish fingers or chicken nuggets for kids.

It seems like the whole of Kouklia village centre comes alive for the evening as taverns facing the square/church are packed with tourists and performing dancers slap themselves and find a guest as victim for a "how many glass on your head can you dance with" routine.

At Aspris the service is attentive, with an international staff, and the culinary fare was frankly average. I have perhaps been spoiled at some of the best Mezze joints for locals in Nicosia in years gone by, and this struck me as done for tourists and didn't cut the mark for me.

A fun night out for the family so definitely worth going for atmosphere and ambience but done expect to be wowed by the food.

Reviewed 21 August 2015

Fantastic restaurant and staff. Food is second to none, ambiance in the village square is perfect whether it is Greek Dancing Night, Thursdays, or no music just Cypriot hospitality, good food and Company

Reviewed 13 August 2015

A small but delightful welll run restaurant. The waiter/ waitress was attentive but not overly so. This is not the first meal we had in the restaurant and we were not disappointed. My husband had the the vegetarian option and I the chicken. Both were beautifully cooked. The chicken was succulent, mouth watering so and my husband thoroughly enjoyed his vegetarian option. Our next visit will be on a Thursday evening when we will have their Meze and enjoy the Cypriot dancing that will take place in the square that the Aspris overlooks.

Reviewed 11 August 2015 via mobile

We were recommended to try Aspris tavern and I'm so pleased we did. If you're looking for a more traditional environment with traditional, local food then this is your restaurant.
It is set in the sleepy little village of Kouklia, where several taverns overlook the square.
The owner and waiting staff are extremely friendly and happily chat without being intrusive. They were happy to recommend food and wine and explain what some of the more traditional dishes were.
The food is delicious and well presented. We would recommend the meze. A great way to try lots of dishes without being overloaded with food.
We love this tavern and would definitely recommend it for lunch or dinner (apparently on Thursday nights they have a meze and Greek music night. Unfortunately we missed this but it sounded a really good night).
Very reasonably priced too.
Try it, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 10 August 2015

We had supper last night in Aspris It was very pleasant the menu has all the usual tavern food but also some different dishes I had ham and cheese rolls dipped in breadcrumbs and fried to start very pleasant My friends had courgette balls with feta and carrot which they said was lovely I had gammon and pineapple for mains and they shared the mixed grill all very nice The staff were all very friendly and pleasant A very nice meal